Are some of you guys actually satisfied with today's win?

GangGreen

I mean seriously, we gave up 14 points to a 1-15 team, and almost lost on a game-winning drive by noodle arm Penny? I have no idea how any of you can be satisfied. And some of you are talking about beating the Brady-less Pats? After today, I'm more concerned about having a winning record, nevertheless beating the Pats. We need to step it up alot, and I'm very disappointed in the Jets' defense today. Brett Favre did pretty good today, but I would like to see more yards and completions. I can't believe anyone can be happy about this win......[/rant]

I mean seriously, we gave up 14 points to a 1-15 team, and almost lost on a game-winning drive by noodle arm Penny? I have no idea how any of you can be satisfied. And some of you are talking about beating the Brady-less Pats? After today, I'm more concerned about having a winning record, nevertheless beating the Pats. We need to step it up alot, and I'm very disappointed in the Jets' defense today. Brett Favre did pretty good today, but I would like to see more yards and completions. I can't believe anyone can be happy about this win......[/rant]

A win is a win. Jets teams of years past would have lost this game. My big beef was Mangini/Schott not putting the game in Favres hands on the 3rd and 7 late in the game.

Unlike you now all of us expected it to be a lock for a win.

Pennington is a decent QB, he kept it close. We were the better team though, did a good job shutting down the run. Brett played very well, it's early. You can't expect everything to click instantly.

Miami was never going to lie down.

DUDE YOU ARE SO PATHETIC. SOME JET FAN...

I bet if we would win the Super Bowl youd still complain.... Can the mods please start locking these negative threads..PLEASE. Seriously way to just throw a cloud over your own life...locked2.gifnospamhere.gifwtf.gif

The defense played spectacular until late when they stopped blitzing as much and Revis & Lowery came through for us anyway. Also, if Coles had any time to work with Favre and (more importantly) if Nugent didn't get hurt mid FG attempt in the 2nd quarter, the Jets win this game AT LEAST by 10.

Relax.

We have a very, very good team. Jets-Dolphins is always close no matter the record of the teams.

DUDE YOU ARE SO PATHETIC. SOME JET FAN...

I bet if we would win the Super Bowl youd still complain.... Can the mods please start locking these negative threads..PLEASE. Seriously way to just throw a cloud over your own life...locked2.gifnospamhere.gifwtf.gif

How can you be satisfied when you almost lost to a 1-15 team?

I think, if something is learned from it, that it was good.

They tried sitting on a lead & got conservative on both offense & defense too early. Usually that bites you in the ass to the point where you lose the game. We escaped anyway but hopefully it doesn't escape Mangini & co that this type of playcalling almost blew the game.

So if they learn from it in a win, and have it happen in week 1, then it was the best thing possible. If not, then they were going to continue to do this anyway & at least we walked away with the W.

last years team would have been the one playing from behind and falling short at the end

I like this feeling better

it was 100 degrees on the road in miami, where a lot of teams struggle in september

the dolphins lost a lot of close games last year, they aren't like a div II team

a lot of players stepped up and were pleasant suprises

jones

lowery

thomas

ellis (injury)

stuckey

there were some hiccups

nugent

penalties

prevent defense

a win is a win

your under etimating the dolphins. they are way more physical on the line of scrimage than last year. i was high on kendall langsford and philip merling in the draft and they showed up. they also out coched the jets. jets coaching struggled today some of it brett favre's newness to the playbook and some of it schotty and sutton bieng too cute with the play calling

Add into this all that it was Week freaking 1, Miami is clearly a better team and since it is Week 1 the Jets were working in Brett Favre into the offense. He and Laveranues Coles were obviously not on the same page, our kicker was injuried and killed us in the Field Position Game and we could not kick a PAT at one point (and also missed the FG --- got hurt planting his leg before swinging his leg to kick the ball).

The Jets would've won this game by Double Digits if it weren't for Nugent's injury, hands down. Field position would've changed and the score at the end at worst would've been 24-14.

I'm very, very happy with today's win considering what happened to Nugent and the lack of experience Favre & Coles obviously had with each other.

That is not to say though that the coordinators did get way, way too conservative late in the game and hopefully that does not happen again. They need to keep the blitz coming and throw the ball more often late in the game, even up 7-13 pts. However, I do not disagree with running on 3rd and 7. At that point Miami needed to take their last T.O. or let the clock run down until about 1:05 remaining. Smart move. Played a big part in the Jets holding on to win that game. If Miami still has that T.O., Chad doesn't throw it into the endzone with :13 left.

BTW What's with all the retarded threads? :P

A win is a win. Jets teams of years past would have lost this game. My big beef was Mangini/Schott not putting the game in Favres hands on the 3rd and 7 late in the game.

i disagree. running the ball was the right decision at the time. our defense was playing well enough not to think pennington would drive the length of the field in 2 minutes. phins had either 1 or no timeouts left. i think they let the clock run down to the 2 minute warning and used their last timeout after that. no point in being a monday morning qb.

I mean seriously, we gave up 14 points to a 1-15 team

miami is no more a 1-15 team than we are a 4-12 team. every team is different this year from last year. how many new players does miami have? how many new players do we have? once you replace 40-50% of a team, not to mention the coaching staff, what's their left to say is the same as the year before?

was this a great win. no. but we showed enough this week to know that we'll be better next week.

dubya's a dubya

defense looked good and played tough in the fourth quarter. That's encouraging. Thomas Jones looked good and the OL was almost real good. Overall, B +

Remember too, it was 950 degrees out there, the D wore out a little... Still played ok. If our D lets up 14 a week, I like our chances.

We were playing the Phins, the worst team in the league and we lost in my opinion. How do you think we'll stack up against the 30 better teams?

LMAO. "we lost in my opinion." You should be banned for that sentence alone. Our record is 1-0 no matter what your opinion is.

We were playing the Phins, the worst team in the league and we lost in my opinion. How do you think we'll stack up against the 30 better teams?

we struggled. but we have a lot of new pieces trying to jel together. we dominated in most categories including the score which is the only category that counts

intially i was thinking.. well.. this was not a good win..

but then i saw the pats barely win against the powerhouse chiefs...

and SD, Jax and Indy losing...

well now .. our win doesnt look so bad.. heh .. i will take it :lol:

Anytime you win, that is a good thing.

Defense though let up in 4th qtr. I don't know if it was because of the heat or the fact that Sutton wasn't sending people like he was earlier but Chad ate them up in 4th qtr and nearly won the game.

I'll take the win but there is still quite a bit of work to do.

A lot of people showed up today that really needed to.

Favre (who is historically a bad Week 1 QB)

Jones

Pace

Thomas (did he match his sack total from last year already)

Lowrey (came up in the clutch)

and the entire oline played well today as well

For all of the new pieces against a divisional opponent, yeah I'm satisified, sure there is room for improvement but its week 1, no reason to panic.

Archived