Some Football Observations From TX

PatsFanTX

Hey folks, since I can't post on the main board, I thought I would share some thoughts heading into the big game on Sunday:

*First off, congrats on a good opening day win. Anytime you can grab a win from a division opponent on the road, is a real good thing.

*Damien Woody had a great game (even with the 4th quarter false start). He has always been a great run blocker and I look for the Jets to go right side on any crucial short yardage situations.

*Lowery looks like the real deal. Love the way turns on the football. Looks like the Jets are set at CB for the foreseeable future.

*I thought Cassel did a good job on Sunday. Outstanding clutch throw to Moss on the 3rd and 11 from their own 1-yard line. And another real good throw to Moss in the back of the end zone for a TD. It says alot what BB thinks of Cassel by not bringing in any other QB's this week.

*Mayo had a very good 1st NFL game. He will only get better and better as the season goes on.

*The team that has the highest TD percentage in the red zone will win the game on Sunday. You just can't get inside the 20 and come away with a friggn' FG.

Anyway, those are some of my observations.

The better team will win the game on Sunday.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some Patsfantx observations from Max:

*Despite what you may have been told, my panties are NOT in a bunch. :)

*We are giving him access to this thread in the NFL forum.

*If you put Tx on IGNORE (check your USER CP) it will be setup in the very near future so that you will not see this thread.

*Enter this thread at your own risk. Personal attacks, etc are not allowed.

*Go Jets!!!

*Cassel has a noodle arm.

*Brett Favre is the only Hall Of Fame QB that will take the field on Sunday in the Meadowlands.

:-P

Now that Chad's gone we should definitely have a vote to let Tx back into the main forum. I mean, now he can pick on Noodle Knee instead, right? :)

And you're right Mike. The Jets will win Sunday. You know why? Because we've got slingin' Jay Feely, thats why. The Jets will win 21-17 on 7 FG's by the Meadowlands master, Jay See Me, Feel Me, Feely.

I don't like banning anyone, unless it's because of violent, threatening, or deviantly sexual behavior. We'll let Max make the call on the latter. I would like to have TX back in the fold. Divergent opinions are what make these boards interesting, and keep post counts high.

Mean Mr. Mustard sleeps in the park

shaves in the dark, tries to save paper

Sleeps in a hole in the road

Saving up to buy him some clothes

Keeps a ten bob note up his nose

Such a mean old man

Such a mean old man

His sister Pam works in a shop

she never stops, she's a go getter

Takes him out to look at the Queen

Only place that he's ever been

Always shouts out something obscene

Such a dirty old man

Dirty old man

I don't like banning anyone, unless it's because of violent, threatening, or deviantly sexual behavior. We'll let Max make the call on the latter. I would like to have TX back in the fold. Divergent opinions are what make these boards interesting, and keep post counts high.

not sure he'll be able to say much with nugent out & penny gone :mrgreen:

I don't think of it as a banning - more of an intervention. He has enjoyed many more hours away from his mom's basement ever since. :)

Day after day alone on the hill

The man with the foolish grin

is keeping perfectly still

But nobody wants to know him

They can see that he's just a fool

And he never gives an answer

But the fool on the hill

sees the sun going down

And the eyes in his head

See the world spinning round

Well on the way, his head in a cloud

The man of a thousand voices

is talking perfectly loud

But nobody ever hears him

Or the sound he appears to make

And he never seems to notice

But the fool on the hill

sees the sun going down

And the eyes in his head

Oh, round, round, round, round, round

And nobody seems to like him

they can tell what he wants to do

And he never shows his feelings

But the fool on the hill

sees the sun going down

And the eyes in his head

And he never listen to them

He knows that they're the fools

But they don't like him

The fool on the hill

sees the sun going down

And the eyes in his head

oh

I hear the Pats now have the fourth strongest arm at starting QB in the division. Is it true? :lol:

Yes I'm being a wiseass, but I am also curious as to your opinion on the matter.

I haven't gotten to see Matt Cassel in action at all. I am pretty confident that the Jets have a better defense and better coaching than the Chiefs, though. And I expect this to be a tough game. Belly has a week to prepare his backup against a well known enemy. That's a lot different than having to switch gears on the fly. I've posted some of my thoughts on what to expect from the Pats in a couple other threads. It'll be interesting to see what unfolds.

So PatsfanTx what do you think of Cassel as a QB from what you have seen of him- what changes do you see in the NE offense being made because of him?

Obviously, Cassel is no Brady by a long shot.

With that said, I am cautiously optimistic that Cassel can get the job done.

I look for the Pats to utilize the same philosphy as they did in 2001 when Brady took over from Bledsoe. Run first, pass second. I see them doing away with the 5-wide, empty backfield (Cassel does not have Brady's progession read expertise nor his quick release) and going with more 2-TE sets. I think they will always keep a RB in for maximum protection.

This philosphy is all well and good if the Pats have the lead or are within one score of their opponent. The real test for Cassel is when the Pats fall behind by 10-14 points in the 2nd half. Time will tell.

Day after day alone on the hill

The man with the foolish grin

is keeping perfectly still

But nobody wants to know him

They can see that he's just a fool

And he never gives an answer

But the fool on the hill

sees the sun going down

And the eyes in his head

Well on the way, his head in a cloud

The man of a thousand voices

is talking perfectly loud

But nobody ever hears him

Or the sound he appears to make

And he never seems to notice

But the fool on the hill

sees the sun going down

And the eyes in his head

And nobody seems to like him

they can tell what he wants to do

And he never shows his feelings

But the fool on the hill

sees the sun going down

And the eyes in his head

And he never listen to them

He knows that they're the fools

But they don't like him

The fool on the hill

sees the sun going down

And the eyes in his head

oh

As time goes on, some things never change.

I look for the Pats to utilize the same philosphy as they did in 2001 when Brady took over from Bledsoe. Run first, pass second. I see them doing away with the 5-wide, empty backfield (Cassel does not have Brady's progession read expertise nor his quick release) and going with more 2-TE sets. I think they will always keep a RB in for maximum protection.

This philosphy is all well and good if the Pats have the lead or are within one score of their opponent. The real test for Cassel is when the Pats fall behind by 10-14 points in the 2nd half. Time will tell.

NOW we get to see what kind of teammate Randy Moss is, when he ISN'T a focal point of an offense.

Not predicting it, but it is a side story.

tx, how effective was the cassell to welker combo sunday? I see this as a potential problem sunday.

I think Welker will be Cassel's first look most of the day. He is virtually impossible to cover on that delayed drag route across the middle.

With that said, I don't think Mangini will allow a LB to be matched up with Welker, which occured many times when the Pats were in a 5-wide set.

Hopefully, when the Jets stack the box (which they will do) Moss will be isolated one on one with either Revis or Lowery. I'll take my chances all day long in this situation on a jump ball 40 yards downfield. ;)

Hey Tx... Good to hear from you, regardless of board.

Could you do me a favor and define 'getting the job done'?

I think you'll be a mediocre team this year, and I think we've got you this Sunday. The offensive line has looked shaky at best, and I'd be shocked if we, and others, don't start bringing the house on Cassel... We've really improved stopping the run it seams, my only real fear is Faulk/Watson... I like Revis's chances against Moss.

If the Jets can establish any kind of running game, and that's a big if, I think you can put this one in the books.

I think Welker will be Cassel's first look most of the day. He is virtually impossible to cover on that delayed drag route across the middle.

With that said, I don't think Mangini will allow a LB to be matched up with Welker, which occured many times when the Pats were in a 5-wide set.

Hopefully, when the Jets stack the box (which they will do) Moss will be isolated one on one with either Revis or Lowery. I'll take my chances all day long in this situation on a jump ball 40 yards downfield. ;)

That pass is about-timing, timing, timing, which is only developed through consistent practice and working together.

It mnay come in time, but it won't be immediate.

HA HA CINDY IS OUT FOR THE YEAR!!!!

Archived