Some Football Observations From TX

PatsFanTX

If the Jets can stop Ricky Williams & Ronnie Brown I can't see why we'll have a problem with Laurence Maroney & Sammy Morris. This run defense with Kris Jenkins is very much improved (and that was proven last Sunday) and of course David Harris who now will have his first full season at ILB.

At that point we have to get the lead whether it be with Jones' legs or Favre's arm and force Matt Cassel to beat us. If we take a 7-10pt lead on Cassel, I like our chances. I do not think he can lead a comeback against our secondary if we continue to blitz throughout and not get conservative in the 4th quarter with the lead like we did against Miami.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey Tx... Good to hear from you, regardless of board.

Could you do me a favor and define 'getting the job done'?

I think you'll be a mediocre team this year, and I think we've got you this Sunday. The offensive line has looked shaky at best, and I'd be shocked if we, and others, don't start bringing the house on Cassel... We've really improved stopping the run it seams, my only real fear is Faulk/Watson... I like Revis's chances against Moss.

If the Jets can establish any kind of running game, and that's a big if, I think you can put this one in the books.

Hey EY, good to see you here.

In my mind, "getting the job done" is leading the offense to 20-24 points and minimizing turnovers. If Cassel can do that, then the defense needs to step up bigtime to get the W.

The game Sunday will be a good barometer of how the Pats season will go with Cassel.

I think Welker will be Cassel's first look most of the day. He is virtually impossible to cover on that delayed drag route across the middle.

With that said, I don't think Mangini will allow a LB to be matched up with Welker, which occured many times when the Pats were in a 5-wide set.

Hopefully, when the Jets stack the box (which they will do) Moss will be isolated one on one with either Revis or Lowery. I'll take my chances all day long in this situation on a jump ball 40 yards downfield. ;)

I don't expect to see many 40 yd + tosses to moss. they'll try & use him short almost welker like. while cassell has a strong arm I doubt they're in good enough sinc yet for belly to challenge his arm against quality corners and a good pass rush

I think it's possible that BB is buying in too much of his 'genius' tag. 'I can make anyone a good QB. I did it with Brady.' Why else wouldn't you bring someone in? He is now trusting his season to a player that hasn't started a game since high school. How did this guy even get drafted?

And now they bring back an UDFA. To me, this just smacks of extreme arrogance, and his team is going to pay for it.

I think it's possible that BB is buying in too much of his 'genius' tag. 'I can make anyone a good QB. I did it with Brady.' Why else wouldn't you bring someone in? He is now trusting his season to a player that hasn't started a game since high school. How did this guy even get drafted?

And now they bring back an UDFA. To me, this just smacks of extreme arrogance, and his team is going to pay for it.

Almost as bad as trusting Rick Mirer

Hopefully, when the Jets stack the box (which they will do) Moss will be isolated one on one with either Revis or Lowery. I'll take my chances all day long in this situation on a jump ball 40 yards downfield. ;)

It'll be Revis on Moss all day long.

And with Cassel throwing the ball? I think most Jet fans'll be happy to take their chances in this situation as well.

I seriously hope we don't get outcoached sunday. I was not impressed with many decisions on both sides of the ball vs fins

IMO, two bonehead decisions by Mangini last Sunday:

1). Not going for 2 on the last TD.

2). Not throwing the ball on 3rd and 7 on the Jets last drive.

Hey EY, good to see you here.

In my mind, "getting the job done" is leading the offense to 20-24 points and minimizing turnovers. If Cassel can do that, then the defense needs to step up bigtime to get the W.

The game Sunday will be a good barometer of how the Pats season will go with Cassel.

Fair enough. I believe he will be able to do that............. SOMETIMES.

I think against average defenses, his weapons around him will carry him. I think against good defenses, he's going to make mistakes, and take hits. I just don't see it.

On paper, maybe your defense can hold a team to 20-24, but when you start turning the ball over in your own territory, or going 3-out deep in your own territory, all those things you're not accustomed too, then I just don't see your, still relatively old, defense holding up.

Never Happen

all kidding aside, good luck with IKE Tx, it skirted us and is headed your way...be safe

Yea, Ike looks pretty nasty, and as of this morning, it is heading directly at us (I'm southeast of Houston and only 13 miles from the Gulf Coast).

Hopefully high pressure will push it to the south.

IMO, two bonehead decisions by Mangini last Sunday:

1). Not going for 2 on the last TD.

2). Not throwing the ball on 3rd and 7 on the Jets last drive.

I'm not so sure on the 3rd and 7. We were going up against Pennington, who as Mangini is aware, isn't exactly a quick strike QB. People seem to think because we have a HOF QB who ironically leads the NFL all time in INT's it's a sure thing that we're going to pick up a first. Yeah he had been playing a great game, but to be honest at this stage in the season I'd be more confident in our D which was facing Chad Pennington of closing the game out than risking a turnover/incompletion at that stage. I think Mangini made a good call.

That being said, my main issue was the ****ing pussified defense we reverted to after we punted. No blitzing, Nothing! Whoever was responsible for that crap has a lot to answer for. That was my biggest problem with the coaching on Sunday. We cannot do that this Sunday or for the rest of the season.

Yea, Ike looks pretty nasty, and as of this morning, it is heading directly at us (I'm southeast of Houston and only 13 miles from the Gulf Coast).

any truth to the rumors that yer mom gave you a basement sump pump fer xmas? :mrgreen:

Good luck with the storm Tx...

Can I just hear your thoughts on the throwing power of the QB of the Miami Dolphins? No thread of yours is complete without your signature description of Chads arm strength and I think the board would enjoy your views ;)

question for ya tx. why did belly ask simms & other guy to visit?

I know he cancelled after brady went out to show allegiance to cassell & avoid dissarray at practice this week(which I thought was a smart move) but shouldn't this kind of thing happened in camp?

kinda tells me cassell didn't play up to a good enough preseason std like belly thought he would.

I do not think he can lead a comeback against our secondary if we continue to blitz throughout and not get conservative in the 4th quarter with the lead like we did against Miami.

That certainly will go against the trend of Jets defenses in the recent past.

I'm going to be severely disgruntled if we're not sending the house after Cassel the entire game. First start in the NFL, you just can't let him sit there and get comfortable.

Everyone sat back and let Brady pick them apart until the Giants showed them that a pass rush can bother him. Hopefully we've learned alesson from that.

Can I just hear your thoughts on the throwing power of the QB of the Miami Dolphins? No thread of yours is complete without your signature description of Chads arm strength and I think the board would enjoy your views ;)

he is yours now, if you want to hear the NOODLE ARM stuff you will have to go to his posts on fin-heaven

actually, I read somewhere that he has a strong arm (cassell not chad :mrgreen:) and thats what belly likes about him

crash, I think my opinion on a certain QB's arm strength has been well documented over the past several years.

BTW, I love your new avatar. ;)

crash, I think my opinion on a certain QB's arm strength has been well documented over the past several years.

BTW, I love your new avatar. ;)

Thanks, I like it to. It's good to change the look every now and then :)

Oh I know your opinion of him, but I've always wondered what it was like to be on the recieving end of one of your Chad bashes. Nobody types "Noodle arm" like you do ;)

question for ya tx. why did belly ask simms & other guy to visit?

I know he cancelled after brady went out to show allegiance to cassell & avoid dissarray at practice this week(which I thought was a smart move) but shouldn't this kind of thing happened in camp?

kinda tells me cassell didn't play up to a good enough preseason std like belly thought he would.

I questioned that myself.

But here is my opinion.

Seeing that the Pats have a bye in week 4, I think BB decided to go with Cassel through at least the Jets and Dolphind games.

If Cassel struggles on Sunday, I look for the Pats to bring in a QB (hopefully Simms or Culpepper) early next week to get them ready for the game after the bye week.

I think if Cassel has another good showing, it will be status quo moving forward.

Needless to say, it's a big game for Cassel on Sunday.

I questioned that myself.

But here is my opinion.

Seeing that the Pats have a bye in week 4, I think BB decided to go with Cassel through at least the Jets and Dolphind games.

If Cassel struggles on Sunday, I look for the Pats to bring in a QB (hopefully Simms or Culpepper) early next week to get them ready for the game after the bye week.

I think if Cassel has another good showing, it will be status quo moving forward.

Needless to say, it's a big game for Cassel on Sunday.

yeah I think that too but my question is why bring simms in at all? Had brady stayed healthy simms is prolly in yer camp right now right?

Well, seeing as how it's possible to give a single poster access to only one thread, can you also do the same for kobe and just give him access to this thread. Tx and kobe in the same thread? That would be a fun read...you can understand Tx but not agree with some of what he says, and you can agree with some of what kobe says if you can figure out wtf he's saying :)

Archived