Some Football Observations From TX

PatsFanTX

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome back Mike - I always respected your knowlege of the game and within the last 2 years I have developed a strong distain for your favorite punching bag - Noodle arm himself. You can feel free to continue and call him what he is in my book.

Bit of a difference between Mike Nugent and Tom Brady.

Yah, I get that - but he's a KICKER! NOODLE LEG, KNEE, ANKLE, whatever, would be more appropriate for a kicker, right? I just think noodle knee for Brady is lame as hell....but ....eh, nevermind. ;)

Yah, I get that - but he's a KICKER! NOODLE LEG, KNEE, ANKLE, whatever, would be more appropriate for a kicker, right? I just think noodle knee for Brady is lame as hell....but ....eh, nevermind. ;)

LOL

My point is Jet fans will not care if you insult Mike Nugent, most don't like him. He's a kicker.....A BAD one. Tom Brady is one of the best QB's of all time, pretty sure Pats fans value him a little more than we value Mike Nugent, with the exception of 124 of course.:lol:

any chance of gettin back to some decent football discussion. tx was showin us all why he has the potential to be a very good poster.

Anyone else see the irony of Brady not being listed on the injury report for the first time in 6 years and then goes down with torn ACL?

I blame BB for this entire mess.

Exactly. At least Mirer was a winner in college, and had actually won some games for Seattle. His first season was actually not bad.

To me, this feel like 'I am the greatest, I can do anything.'

I agree with this completely. Its the same type of arrogance that Mangini showed by trying to replace Pete Kendall with Adrien Clark, and trying to fit DROB in as a 34 NT. We all saw where that got us last season.

Brady's surgery delayed 4-6 weeks

Tom Brady tore his MCL and ACL, according to the Boston Globe. Brady's reconstructive ACL surgery has been put on hold for 4-6 weeks while doctors wait for his torn MCL to heal.

Brady is expected to face 6-9 months of recovery after the procedure is done. The torn MCL has likely caused too much swelling for the surgery to take place now, further delaying Brady's return to the field for 2009. Carson Palmer, Daunte Culpepper, and Donovan McNabb did not have such long delays before surgery.

Source: Boston Globe

No way Brady will be ready for the 2009 opener.

Tom Brady tore his MCL and ACL, according to the Boston Globe. Brady's reconstructive ACL surgery has been put on hold for 4-6 weeks while doctors wait for his torn MCL to heal.

Brady is expected to face 6-9 months of recovery after the procedure is done. The torn MCL has likely caused too much swelling for the surgery to take place now, further delaying Brady's return to the field for 2009. Carson Palmer, Daunte Culpepper, and Donovan McNabb did not have such long delays before surgery.

That's a shame. Vegas had the Pats down as the early season pre-season favorites for 2009.

*Damien Woody had a great game (even with the 4th quarter false start). He has always been a great run blocker and I look for the Jets to go right side on any crucial short yardage situations.

Thank you for the honesty. Certain Pats fans have been telling us what a bum he is since the Jets got him. Watching him since the first day of TC, I just assumed they had him confused with Woody Johnson.

What a f-ing shame I tell you

That is just terrible. :1cry:

Damn TX, saliva must have been oozing out of your mouth once this got moved to the NFL forum, heh?

Good to see you posting around these parts again.

Erm, Palmer's injury happened in January, Brady's in September. They can't be compared.

Yeah, but he won't have the ACL procedure performed until maybe November 1st.

Aren't they the same if not very similar injuries?

If they're performing the surgery in November that's still a good 2-3 Months before Palmer could possibly have had any surgery and yet he was playing opening day of the next season.

I suppose it all depends on the severity of the injury.

Hey Tx,

Looks like you will hit the 100 post mark for the first day like you promised. So as per our agreement that means the 3rd month is now 50% off and the term is guaranteed for 3 months. Just keep sending the payments and then we will talk again in December.

Thanks and as always, it is good doing business with you.

Signed,

JetNation (the site that still cares)

Forecasters: Ike could hit Texas as a Category 4

Hurricane

Ike is forecast to make landfall in Texas early Saturday morning as a dangerous, Category 4 storm, and officials Wednesday ordered mandatory evacuations in some Texas Gulf Coast counties.

This really sucks. They just ordered a mandatory evacuation for Galveston county (where I live) and we are having trouble finding a hotel room.

Obviously, Cassel is no Brady by a long shot.

With that said, I am cautiously optimistic that Cassel can get the job done.

I look for the Pats to utilize the same philosphy as they did in 2001 when Brady took over from Bledsoe. Run first, pass second. I see them doing away with the 5-wide, empty backfield (Cassel does not have Brady's progession read expertise nor his quick release) and going with more 2-TE sets. I think they will always keep a RB in for maximum protection.

This philosphy is all well and good if the Pats have the lead or are within one score of their opponent. The real test for Cassel is when the Pats fall behind by 10-14 points in the 2nd half. Time will tell.

Hello TX, Missing your comments as of late. Ray Ray is running around like a chicken with his head cut off.

Archived