Some Football Observations From TX

PatsFanTX

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Forecasters: Ike could hit Texas as a Category 4

Hurricane

Ike is forecast to make landfall in Texas early Saturday morning as a dangerous, Category 4 storm, and officials Wednesday ordered mandatory evacuations in some Texas Gulf Coast counties.

This really sucks. They just ordered a mandatory evacuation for Galveston county (where I live) and we are having trouble finding a hotel room.

Good luck Tx be careful

Hurricane

Ike is forecast to make landfall in Texas early Saturday morning as a dangerous, Category 4 storm, and officials Wednesday ordered mandatory evacuations in some Texas Gulf Coast counties.

This really sucks. They just ordered a mandatory evacuation for Galveston county (where I live) and we are having trouble finding a hotel room.

I lived through Andrew in '92 and a big hurricane is nothing I wish on anybody. Stay safe and get the hell outta there Tx...

On a side note, Matt Cassell has a noodle arm ;)

she loves ya PFT

honestly sofla, i am not one to air dirty laundry and i wont start now... but frankly tx has been inundating me with just disgusting pm's in a pathetic way to show his affections. i have not responded to a one, as my lawyer as advised me not to. i was really hoping that he would get the message. i realize that posting lyrics in this thread was passive aggressive, but frankly i am getting tired of his delusional adoration of me.

again i will not post the pm's out of reapect to tx's mom.. but it is sad.. really sad.

Mods, gg just hurled a vicious personal attack my way.

just stop it you masocistic little freak.

I was hoping Ike would take a turn overnight, but the projected path is still Freeport, Texas, which is only 16 miles from my home.

With that said, we are evacuating later today through Sunday night. They just reported that due to the storm, to expect wide-spread power outages for up to 10-14 days after the storm.

Anyway, looks like I'll be missing my 1st Pats game in over 12 years. If the Jets do pull off the win and I'm not here to take my lumps, it's because we have no electricity, and not because I'm avoiding you guys.

Anyway, enjoy the game Sunday and I'll be back when I can.

Hurricane

that sucks. all the best to you this weekend

I mean't regarding the storm not football

Glad to hear your moving out of it's path. Tex, you ain't no noodle brain ;)

Be safe.

Actually, Mrs.PatsFanTX made the call on this one.

Originally, I planned on riding this out at the house as I was certain the storm would take on a different track.

After watching all the reports this morning, I'm very happy to be leaving this afternoon.

Brady goes down and you orchestrate this whole 'Hurricane' thing. I'm simply not buying it. Way to convenient.

Seriously though, good luck to you and yours... But why can't you watch the game wherever you are?

Dumbass. ;)

First of all, TV's run on electricity, if you didn't know that.

Second, I would have to find a bar with the Sunday ticket as the Texan game is being broadcast locally on CBS.

What do you think the chances of the DirectTV signal coming through in a category 3/4 hurricane. :rolleyes:

Hey EY, good to see you here.

In my mind, "getting the job done" is leading the offense to 20-24 points and minimizing turnovers. If Cassel can do that, then the defense needs to step up bigtime to get the W.

The game Sunday will be a good barometer of how the Pats season will go with Cassel.

Do you mean that from the bottom of your heart? A 4-12 team will be a good barometer? If Brady was still playing and the JETS won would you still think of it that way?

4th best QB in the AFCE.... ouch... (especially conidering Pennington is in the AFCE... lol)

Hurricane

Someone upstairs is mad at you for coming back to JN! :lol:

Get the heck out of there! (the showers are great at the Holiday Inn Express!)

How many roads must a man walk down

Before you call him a man?

Yes, 'n' how many seas must a white dove sail

Before she sleeps in the sand?

Yes, 'n' how many times must the cannon balls fly

Before they're forever banned?

The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind,

The answer is blowin' in the wind.

What's up folks?

This, without a doubt, was the scariest thing I ever went through.

We did luck out and are at a hotel that only lost power for 6 hours. This would be miserable without AC.

Got up early this morning and left to go check out the house, but all roads were still flooded so I had to turn around.

The only good news of this weekend so far is because of the Texans cancellation, the Jets/Pats game will now be shown on the local CBS affiliate.

Talk to everyone after the game.

As the Brett Favre Kool-Aid wears off and reality slowly begins to creep back into view, it's become painfully obviously that this team, in addition to its coaching staff, isn't as good that we've all sort of convinced ourselves they are in the past few weeks.

There is a reason why NFL seasons are 16 games long.

1-1 after week 2 is no reason to panic.

You saw it, I saw it, not ONE penalty called our way not one play our way all day-they didn't even blow a whistle at the end to try and make it look not so bad. Who WAS that official anyway? I never saw that guy before. This game was fixed...

Come on Jimmy, the officials had absolutely nothing to do with why the Jets lost today.

The Jets lost for two simple reasons:

1) Mangini's poor gameplan/coaching (how the hell do you have 12 men on the field after a friggn' touchback?)

2) The Pats OLine physically dominated the Jets DLine the entire 2nd half.

It was an incomplete pass. We had heavy preasure on cassell which forced the underthrown ball.

And yes, if you want to count the 7 yards that cassell gained while running for his life the pats gained just over 100 yards.

The bottom line, in the 2nd half of the game, the Pats OLine physically dominated the Jets DLine.

That was the ballgame.

The missed PI in the endzone in the first drive and the ticky tack BS offensive PI that cost us 41 yards. Without the cheaters (as usual) getting the refs help, the jets probably win the game. Who needs brady when they have the refs bought and paid for.

Damn, I really missed JN.

The only reason why the Jets lost today was because of the refs?:rolleyes:

Archived