Some Football Observations From TX

PatsFanTX

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
obviously mangini believes in exploiting the strengths of the opposing defense. in other words he's an idiot with man-boobs.

i believe he was after beating the best of what NE had to offer. Mangini was trying to make a statement that "our best unit" is better than "your best unit".

I honestly respect him for making the three calls. I don't agree with it, for previously mentioned reasons, but i can understand the thinking.

i believe he was after beating the best of what NE had to offer. Mangini was trying to make a statement that "our best unit" is better than "your best unit".

I honestly respect him for making the three calls. I don't agree with it, for previously mentioned reasons, but i can understand the thinking.

yeah but scoring woudl have been a better statement. the only statement he wound up making is that he still doesn't know how to beat the patriots, even without tom brady playing.

No argument here Paul. You're dead on.

You know what's actually fun to watch during the games? On running plays when Faneca pulls just see if you can keep up with how fast he gets from the LG position to the RT' side. I'll tell ya, for as big as he is, he is FAST when it comes to that. There may be none better in the game than him when it comes to pulling.

You know what's actually fun to watch during the games? On running plays when Faneca pulls just see if you can keep up with how fast he gets from the LG position to the RT' side. I'll tell ya, for as big as he is, he is FAST when it comes to that. There may be none better in the game than him when it comes to pulling.

Thanks Paul. I'll focus on him in this weeks game.

I've seen him do that in Pittsburgh loads of times, he is great at it. I've also seen it work very well for us this season too. He's also brilliant at screen plays, I can't understand why we haven't used him more in that way.

yeah but scoring woudl have been a better statement. the only statement he wound up making is that he still doesn't know how to beat the patriots, even without tom brady playing.

i can assure you he was, infact, trying to score. It's not like he thought running it three times would not get him in. It just happened to not get him in.

Lets not pretend that favre = 100% TD's on the 3. More than likely he would have scored but i've seen ****ty CB's jump his slant routes down there. I saw it last year in fact throwing to Driver on 3rd and short.

that's cool, but how is he as a drive blocker ? the JETS still can't get a yard on the goal line

they seemed to want to go to his side, but it was a jail break all 3 times

Better than average against average to poor D linemen, so so against the better ones. What ya want for 40 mil? :lol:

that's better than the scouting reports I remember reading during the FA period

I just hope mangini doesn't try to make any statements about the new line VS Jamal Williams on Monday night :bag:

that's better than the scouting reports I remember reading during the FA period

I just hope mangini doesn't try to make any statements about the new line VS Jamal Williams on Monday night :bag:

Mangold did very well against Casey Hampton last year, not as well against the broken down J-Ferg but I bet he'll more than hold his own. I'd put money on Jones cracking 100 yards again. Their run defense is a total paper tiger.

We need to come out throwing for anything to be effective though. I'm pumped, this should be a great game to watch.

Just to get some other things out of the way. Patsfantx is paying $50 a month for this thread. And he has guaranteed certain post counts in here. If he doesn't meet his guarantees we can ban him again.

In that case here's a hit for Tex and his thread.

Hey folks, since I can't post on the main board, I thought I would share some thoughts heading into the big game on Sunday:

*First off, congrats on a good opening day win. Anytime you can grab a win from a division opponent on the road, is a real good thing.

*Damien Woody had a great game (even with the 4th quarter false start). He has always been a great run blocker and I look for the Jets to go right side on any crucial short yardage situations.

*Lowery looks like the real deal. Love the way turns on the football. Looks like the Jets are set at CB for the foreseeable future.

*I thought Cassel did a good job on Sunday. Outstanding clutch throw to Moss on the 3rd and 11 from their own 1-yard line. And another real good throw to Moss in the back of the end zone for a TD. It says alot what BB thinks of Cassel by not bringing in any other QB's this week.

*Mayo had a very good 1st NFL game. He will only get better and better as the season goes on.

*The team that has the highest TD percentage in the red zone will win the game on Sunday. You just can't get inside the 20 and come away with a friggn' FG.

Anyway, those are some of my observations.

The better team will win the game on Sunday.

========================================================:yawn::yawn::yawn:

Hey TX, good game today, sorry if we kinda beat you up, they got a little carried away out there. It was nice to see Cassel find the endzone, he's really coming around and should win you several more games this year.

congrats on your great win today Crash-I want you to know that we Jets fans here @ JN today were ALL Dolphin fans from 1-4 PM...rootin' for the Chadster-just like the old days

Miami schooled the cheaters AT HOME-check in he-ya

That was absolutely pathetic.

BB got completely schooled by a rookie HC.

I've never seen the Pats so unprepared to play a football game.

Funniest thing I ever saw was when PennyBoy lined up wide right, the Pats had a CB and a LB on him. WTF????? Double teaming PennyBoy?

Phins played a very good game, so hats off to them.

BTW, Matt Light blows.

If Lowery was expecting Safety help on that play near the end of the game, then he didn't know the defense called. It was an all out, stop the run, if we do not stop him here the game is over call. Rivers noticed it and called an audible. Lowery had to know it was either going to be some sort of over the top play or a run. However, he was beat in 3 steps.

I totally agree with you.

It was obvious that Rivers called that audible, and both safeties were up in the box to stop the run, one should have dropped back to provide assistance for Lowery after a clear audible was made.

Archived