****THE OFFICIAL WEEK 2 PATS @ JETS GAMETHREAD****

gangreenman

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, so after a close win week 1 at Miami, the 2008 New York Jets come home to the Meadowlands for the first time this afternoon to take on their division rival Patriots.

Well, who would've thought just a month ago that going into this game, it would be the Pats, not the Jets, that would need to make up for their obvious disadvantage at the QB position? Well, believe it or not, that is the case. Brett Favre, coming late August in a trade with the Packers, will be taking the field against Patriots QB Matt Cassel, who hasn't started a game since his Senior year at High School.

Of course, there is much more too this game then the QB position, and to say that the Jets wont face some challenges would be pure and outright delusion. As much as I hate his guts, Belicheat is a good coach, and if there's any coach in the league that can make up for the huge QB gap, its him. What strategy he uses is anyone's guess, a lot of people seem to think he'll try to overpower us at the line, while some think we'll be seeing a lot of 3 step drops, draws, screens, and other forms of deception. For the Jets, they want to make sure and stop Maroney/Morris/Faulk and be in Cassel's face all day long... Basically, force Cassel to beat us under pressure, if he can, then the Pats deserve to win. Hopefully that pressure is too much for him and he makes some mistakes that give us the game.

Anyway, this rivalry has really become one of the biggest and most heated in the entire league FAST, even though its been more of an off-the-field rivalry than on-field rivalry in recent years. Should be a great game, Lets bring home the W Jets!

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!!!!

::GoJets:

New England Patriots @ New York Jets

Gametime: 4pm

TV: CBS

::GoJets:

The Jets will keep the Patriots pass rush off balance by running draws and screens to Leon Washington early. this will open up everything by late 2nd quarter into the 2nd half. the Jets in a laugher!! Cassell will be pick 6'd by either Revis or Lowery!!

Go Jets!

On defense, we need to bring some serious heat towards Cassell. Last season when we were playing Trent Edwards in his 1st start we made it easy for him by giving him all day to throw. That CANNOT happen today. IMO if we're going to win this game, it will be through the defense. Stopping the run will be difficult, but I think with Jenkins and Harris in there, we should be able to cope. We were very impressive in that phase of the game last week vs what I expected would be a strong Miami running game. Long may it continue.

On offense, I want to see us attack the Pats through the air. The Pats strength is the front 7, where they're still one of the best in the league. We need to preotect Favre and give him the time to pick apart the weak secondary, where we should be able to get some very favourable matchups with our WR's. Can't see us having much success with the running game, the Pats are too strong up front.

Overall, I'm expecting a close, low scoring game and a Defensive or Special Teams play could be the difference. My Prediction:

Jets 23

Pats 13

With one of our TD's coming on defense.

On defense, we need to bring some serious heat towards Cassell. Last season when we were playing Trent Edwards in his 1st start we made it easy for him by giving him all day to throw. That CANNOT happen today. IMO if we're going to win this game, it will be through the defense. Stopping the run will be difficult, but I think with Jenkins and Harris in there, we should be able to cope. We were very impressive in that phase of the game last week vs what I expected would be a strong Miami running game. Long may it continue.

On offense, I want to see us attack the Pats through the air. The Pats strength is the front 7, where they're still one of the best in the league. We need to preotect Favre and give him the time to pick apart the weak secondary, where we should be able to get some very favourable matchups with our WR's. Can't see us having much success with the running game, the Pats are too strong up front.

Overall, I'm expecting a close, low scoring game and a Defensive or Special Teams play could be the difference. My Prediction:

Jets 23

Pats 13

With one of our TD's coming on defense.

Excellent analysis. I also don't see the Jets running game doing too much against the Pats front seven. Seymore looks like his old self and this kid Mayo is good. Favre has to win this one. And for that he needs D'Brick and Woody to be able to handle Thomas and Vrable passrushing.

On the defense side, it is all up to Sutton. He has to be aggressive with the blitzing. The Jets LBers are good against the run and they are all effective blitzers. The weakest part of their game is pass defense. Sutton needs to play to their strength and shake up the inexperienced Cassell.

I'm watching the game on Sky Sports, but they're showing the Lions game before. Which still has over two minutes ****ing left, it's also ****ing over.

A ****ing joke!!

Game hasnt started yet..... you may be ok

Where are the inactives?

Archived