Does Bernie come through?

Hurls

is the game over? whats the deal?

Arod let off the inning with a blast.

Matsui flew out. Giambi walked.

The clutch Jorge Posada proceeds to strike out on 3 pitches.

Tino singles, Crosby gets to 3rd.

Bernie lines out the 1st pitch to the 1st baseman. game over.

Arod let off the inning with a blast.

Matsui flew out. Giambi walked.

The clutch Jorge Posada proceeds to strike out on 3 pitches.

Tino singles, Crosby gets to 3rd.

Bernie lines out the 1st pitch to the 1st baseman. game over.

:(

Damn.

And nothing pisses me off more than giving up a run in the top of the 9th in a close ball game. That just pisses me off.

Cmon texas win baby win!!

Matsui dipped below .300 tonight. he's hitting the ball hard but as tabor previously stated right at the fielders. i'd love to see him pull it just a little more and send the chalf flying tommorow.

Watching this White Sox team play these past days has reinforced the need for solid defensive play. Rowand in center along with Dye in right are marauders out there tracking down everything. When Posada roped that ball into the gap earlier in the game all I kept thinking was how if Bernie were out there it would've been at least a double, possibly a triple if he had dove and missed. Oh how I yearn for another great center fielder.

Side Note: Nice catch by Womack earlier in the game.

Y not leave Womack up there

Where's Rueben :cry:

I know man, I was thinking the same thing. His hammy is still quite tender I believe. Reuben is the man, I love how he gets injured after making a great play. For instance hitting that double earlier in the year and then pulling his bicep and then recently hitting a clutch RBI single and then straining his hamstring. Only if this guy could stay healthy, his bat is sorely missed in these tight games.

I didn't start Contreras for fantasy tonight, he made me look like an idiot. I guess the scouts saw the guy pitching tonight over in Cuba when he was promised to be an international pithcing gem.

Not hing like working the count Bernie! great job assmunch. That's why your contact will not be renewed.

Dude what do you want from the guy? He smacked that ball, it just went right at the 1st baseman. If the 1B wasn't playing the line that's a game-tying double at least.

Why didn't Womack steal instead of wasting Jeter? They're paying Jeter exactly to get that kind of hit.

And why did they bring in godawful Strutze for Embree?We're saving Embree for what-the big September push? Just keep the effective pitcher in and worry about saving guys for another day. Doesn't seem to bother Torre a bit to wear out Rivera(who warmed up tonight-way to go Joe!) until his arm falls off, but everyone else has to be saved.Chacon's at 120 pitches after 7 innings-why not see if he can be effective for another batter or 2?

This coaching staff hasn't developed a pitcher in 10 years, and now they're suddenly gonna make reliable relievers out of this mess. Sure.

Hey look at me, everyone-I'm Joe Torre-the manager! I'm managing!This guy still thinks it's '96 to 2000 and he has a real bullpen. If they get a good start, ride the starter, and then it's Embree and Rivera. They're blowing games because Torre thinks Strutze and Gordon can pitch.

No offense hurls, but can you not do these threads like this anymore. :lol:

You've done it twice this season and neither time it worked out. :(

yeah, this dude is only 0-for-2...JonEJinx is 0-for-infinity. He is the one you really need to keep an eye on. I hope Tom and Max heed my warning and disable this guy's ability to post during Jet games this year. Im not saying ban the jinxed b@stard...hopefully they can deactivate his account for about 3 hours every Sunday just to avoid any undue ugliness brought on by JEJ!!!