The Official Brian Schottenheimer Dicussion Thread (Merged 4X)

Irish Jet

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems like not much has changed in 3-4 years

Nope. Not much at all... I'd just like to say that I am ashamed to be proud to say that I've been saying Schotty is a problem since year ONE under Mangini, when I also said Mangini needed to go. I had ZERO faith in either of them from day one.

I hate that I'm a fan of this team.

Spare a few series vs. Jax, it looks every week like the offense met that afternoon in the parking lot at tailgate for the first time. Ducasse is a debacle draft-wise, but someone has to explain how they could be this sh*tty week after week.

Ooooonly a matter of time before Mason lost his mind over not seeing the ball. Brian Billick predicted that would happen, and was likely a large part of why he got bounced from Baltimore. The spectacular flameout I'm waiting for us Plaxico's, though. He used to torture Eli for not throwing at him. Add Keller (in a contract push) and an already grumbling Holmes, and you've got a mutiny afoot.

This had nothing to do with not seeing the ball. Mason was just the only person with the balls to publicly call out the offense after a dog sh*t performance. I love Mason actually giving a crap instead of just standing in front of the media like a deer in the headlights with nothing but excuses like some people do.

I just got in the door, back from Baltimore. I gotta say, Plax is worthless. I swear to god, sitting there looking down at the sidelines with him and his sideways hat, i wanted to run down there and smack him in the head. This guy just does not hustle. What you don't see on tv is how his lazy a$$ doesn't even jog off the feel during substitutions. He just does not put the effort out on the field.

ummmm, he has been a beast as a blocker this year.....you need a new pair of binoculars pal

I'm confused by the topic.

What did Mason say?

Mason went on a rant in the locker room about how the offense had serious cracks that needed to be fixed. He continually mentioned cracks in the offense and all in all he just called them out. He said somebody has to fix it, it's not his job but basically the gist of it was he said everything we've been thinking, the offense sucks a$$ and it needs to be acknowledged and fixed. SNY had the video last night I can't find it on line though, some quotes I was able to find on another forum...

"We have some cracks here..."

"We have to identify the cracks..."

"And until someone steps up and identifies the cracks, this is going to continue to happen..."

"The defense did a hell of a job, the offense didn't..."

Mason went on a rant in the locker room about how the offense had serious cracks that needed to be fixed. He continually mentioned cracks in the offense and all in all he just called them out. He said somebody has to fix it, it's not his job but basically the gist of it was he said everything we've been thinking, the offense sucks a$$ and it needs to be acknowledged and fixed. SNY had the video last night I can't find it on line though, some quotes I was able to find on another forum...

"And until someone steps up and identifies the cracks, this is going to continue to happen..."

yea he also said "we all saw it, we all see what's been going opn and somebody has to have the balls to come out and say it, one of the coaches or the owner" stuff to that effect.

Now what could he mean, the play calling? The offensive linemen on the right side of the line? The starting RB? The QB? It can't be Sanchez because there IS no other option there. If McElroy didn't get hurt I would say there is our option but Brunnell and O'Connell?

yea he also said "we all saw it, we all see what's been going opn and somebody has to have the balls to come out and say it, one of the coaches or the owner" stuff to that effect.

Now what could he mean, the play calling? The offensive linemen on the right side of the line? The starting RB? The QB? It can't be Sanchez because there IS no other option there. If McElroy didn't get hurt I would say there is our option but Brunnell and O'Connell?

He still could be talking about Sanchez, even if he has no backups a crap QB is still a crap QB but I have a feeling he was mostly talking about coaching.

I have no problem with Mason calling out the entire offense. Making excuses never fixes the real problems while acknowledging the issue and taking it head on usually leads to fixing it.

I would be disappointed if he said something like the guy from Red Sox about the losing being GOD's "will"!

I know our OL sucks, but this has to be the most predictable game that he has ever called. I mean, did we even throw a pass more than 15 yards at all? Please fire his ******* a$$. I can't take this sh*t anymore.

Just a curious note, if the offensive line sucks, exactly how does that position a team to throw long?

He still could be talking about Sanchez, even if he has no backups a crap QB is still a crap QB but I have a feeling he was mostly talking about coaching.

Thanks. I actually think the team believe in Sanchez...where as I dont think any of them trust that Schotty has a clue. Holmes made that clear after the AFCG last year.

My thoughts exactly.

Too much talent on this offense to look that bad, unless there is no guidence.

Really? Who are they?

Jets have some big name older WR's who are playing like crap, and look like they are over the hill. OL sucks. Hunter is a career back up and playing worst then that. Moore is off a hip injury. That can be a career ender at his age. He's playing like he's done. LT is close to done. Greene looks like a JAG

Sanchez? Who knows. Behind that OL it is impossible to rate him. He sure sucked last night.

Really don't see that much current talent

Santonio Holmes was wide open on several plays, his frustration is starting to show up with Sanchez on the field. This will boil over if Sanchez doesn't get his act together and begin to go sour.... I hope not though. Burress is no better, he didn't block or even look like he was trying yesterday. He also regrets coming to the Jets...

I agree, Schott has done this with Penninton, Favre, and now Sanchez. He's had his chances, and just like Sanchez, he's looked the same he did when he first got here. NO improvement and a vanilla offense that's comparable to a 1950's team. It's time to cut the chord, his time is up here in NY.

That bothers me that we are rotating new receivers in every year. Maybe we should rotate a new OC in for **** sake.

We didnt run a no huddle once? When your down and your offense isn't moving the ball why not at least try it. Wtf is our offense doing?

I blame sanchez for this game also but an OC is supposed to make up for the lack of talent and be able to get the offense to execute. We are far from short on talent, but this offense is doing nothing. Why cant our offense have a bounce back performance like our defense? Because its paired with a sh*tty OC who can't game plan his way out of a ******* bag.

you are kidding about the no huddle,right??sanchez was too busy catching his breath or re-adjusting his equipment after getting up off the ground to run a no huddle.the offense needed every second they could get not having to pass block.or run block for that matter

you are kidding about the no huddle,right??sanchez was too busy catching his breath or re-adjusting his equipment after getting up off the ground to run a no huddle.the offense needed every second they could get not having to pass block.or run block for that matter

I was moreso making a point about Schitty not adjusting the playcalling to help out Sanchez and the offense when they were really hurting and maybe changing the plays woulda help a little.

is there any reason that the huge Sanchez haters cant admit that this offense is incredibly predictable?

Yes. The reason is that blaming abstract concepts like "the offense" or known unknowns like "the playcalling" are roundabout ways of avoiding the uncomfortable fact that we've made a terrible mistake at the most important position on the field. You know what makes an offense incredibly predictable? A quarterback who can't make reads.

I was moreso making a point about Schitty not adjusting the playcalling to help out Sanchez and the offense when they were really hurting and maybe changing the plays woulda help a little.

yes.i got your point and agree. i was just trying to be funny

Yes. The reason is that blaming abstract concepts like "the offense" or known unknowns like "the playcalling" are roundabout ways of avoiding the uncomfortable fact that we've made a terrible mistake at the most important position on the field. You know what makes an offense incredibly predictable? A quarterback who can't make reads.

Its easier, as a fan, to deal with the idea of shi*ty coaches than a failed franchise QB. And in any case, there's nothing we can do about Sanchez for at LEAST a couple more seasons. He's bought himself that with his postseason victories. Tannenbaum and Rex's fate are tied with Sanchez, so there's no chance anything happens anytime soon at the QB position.

So all we can hope is that replacing Schottenheimer (and perhaps Callahan too) will make a tangible difference in his performance. If that doesn't work, only THEN can the Sanchez experiment officially be deemed a failure. In the meantime, maybe someone will pull a Mo Lewis and some 4th or 5th round QB we pick up sets the world on fire.

Archived