I need a break

gangreenman

I can't do this anymore...

Ive been wasting 3+ hrs every Sunday on this team for the past 10 or 11 years of my life. I have gone through too much pain, too many crushed hopes, too much embarrassment, and too much losing since I became a fan of this team.

Im posting here, now, to let everyone know (although none of you really have a reason to care, just wanna get it out there), that I am taking a break. At the very least, I am not posting here for the next week. I might watch next week's game, but not unless I've got nothing better to do. To me, its gotten past the point of reason for me to schedule my whole weekend around 3 hours of disappointment.

I consider myself an avid Jets fan, and the Jets will always be a part of me. At some point though, I need to start putting myself before the Jets, and this week will be me trying to get a start on that.

Sure, at some points of the sesaon, I'll definitely stop by here to read some opinions of fellow Jets fans, and even offer a few of my own. I will watch, at least in part, every game this season, and I really do hope for nothing but the best for the Jets the rest of the way. I just need to start getting my priorities straight.

Thanks for reading this meaningless rant,

GGM

Archived