Trying to focus on the positives

Irish Jet

Well, with the entire board contemplating suicide I thought I'd try and focus on some of the good things that came out of todays game.

The O-line - The O-line IMO was outstanding in pass protection for the most part, something we simply didn't have last season. Faneca had one rough moment but aside from that he was solid. Some penalties again drag them down but in terms of performance I was impressed. I was expecting them to struggle big time. Brick has came on leaps and bounds, looks like a stuf out there.

The D showed glimpses - Unfortunately that's all it was - Glimpses. Revis owned Moss most of the day but was lucky not to get absolutely roasted. Pace is a solid player, the 15 yard penalty was cosly though. Bryan Thomas is the main positive IMO, I forgot he was alive at times last season and have directed a lot of **** his way. He has been outstanding so far this season though. Kerry Rhodes as always was brilliant, was excellent in run support. Our D wore down toward the end of the game, which is understandable. Remember the Pats started in our half like 4 times, they did well enough to cope, they just need to be more consistent. Sutton needs to be more aggressive IMO.

We have time - Yup, it's still only week 2. Next week could be rough and no doubt there will be more suicide type posts if we lose. IMO the game we NEED to win is Arizona in week 4, if we can make it into the bye 2-2 then we're in good shape. The season's not over guys. It's week 2 and we're .500. Things were never going to click right away. It was always going to take some more time for our O to gel. Be patient.

Anyways, I'm pissed with todays game....A lot went wrong. But we're 1-1, not 1-8. Right now...We need to calm down and try and look ahead. It could be worse, we could be the Rams.

Gents - (and ladies) We just lost to a team that won 18 out of 19 games last year - and they just showed us how good they are/were by plugging a kid into the most important position on their team for his first NFL start. We don't totally suck because we cant beat a rookie QB, we just got beat by the team with the best record in the game last year - by a lot.

What should we expect? Their strengths aren't limited to Brady to Moss or Maroney - They had the best record in the game last season. Screw losing the SB - any team on any given day.

We likely won't play a team the rest of the year that has the overall depth of the patsies till we play them again. I'm anxious to see how much better WE can get in

9 weeks.

If we dont get a lot better with the personel we have - its time to really start screaming about inept coaching.

Well, with the entire board contemplating suicide I thought I'd try and focus on some of the good things that came out of todays game.

The O-line - The O-line IMO was outstanding in pass protection for the most part, something we simply didn't have last season. Faneca had one rough moment but aside from that he was solid. Some penalties again drag them down but in terms of performance I was impressed. I was expecting them to struggle big time. Brick has came on leaps and bounds, looks like a stuf out there.

The D showed glimpses - Unfortunately that's all it was - Glimpses. Revis owned Moss most of the day but was lucky not to get absolutely roasted. Pace is a solid player, the 15 yard penalty was cosly though. Bryan Thomas is the main positive IMO, I forgot he was alive at times last season and have directed a lot of **** his way. He has been outstanding so far this season though. Kerry Rhodes as always was brilliant, was excellent in run support. Our D wore down toward the end of the game, which is understandable. Remember the Pats started in our half like 4 times, they did well enough to cope, they just need to be more consistent. Sutton needs to be more aggressive IMO.

We have time - Yup, it's still only week 2. Next week could be rough and no doubt there will be more suicide type posts if we lose. IMO the game we NEED to win is Arizona in week 4, if we can make it into the bye 2-2 then we're in good shape. The season's not over guys. It's week 2 and we're .500. Things were never going to click right away. It was always going to take some more time for our O to gel. Be patient.

Anyways, I'm pissed with todays game....A lot went wrong. But we're 1-1, not 1-8. Right now...We need to calm down and try and look ahead. It could be worse, we could be the Rams.

Our OL wasn't that great in Pass protection, sorry

How do you know Revis Owned Moss, and instead, the Pats didn't go to Moss? Not saying your wrong, just you have no way of knowing from the coverage feed.

The D outplayed the O... sorry The D was good enough to win. not good, but good enough to win. The offense was not.

Anybody who expected to add two new o-linemen, a FB and a new QB three weeks before the start of the season and have a seamless offensive transition was kidding themselves. Not to mention the new NT, CB and OLB. They completely overhauled the team. What did you expect? It takes time for teams to come together. The main positive is that they weren't physically run over like last year. (Except for Leon trying to block AThomas)

Anybody who expected to add two new o-linemen, a FB and a new QB three weeks before the start of the season and have a seamless offensive transition was kidding themselves. Not to mention the new NT, CB and OLB. They completely overhauled the team. What did you expect? It takes time for teams to come together. The main positive is that they weren't physically run over like last year. (Except for Leon trying to block AThomas)

Seriously, good post. Although I think it was Jones who was on the block for A. Thomas...It was reality check for most Jets fans and the other bandwagoner(s)....

Seriously, good post. Although I think it was Jones who was on the block for A. Thomas...It was reality check for most Jets fans and the other bandwagoner(s)....

Nope, it was Leon, and it was painful to watch. I thought the line itself did a good job vs the Pats fierce front 7. Favre had more than adequate time to get the ball downfield, the WR's couldn't seem to get open. We had our chances.

How do you know Revis Owned Moss, and instead, the Pats didn't go to Moss? Not saying your wrong, just you have no way of knowing from the coverage feed.

The D outplayed the O... sorry The D was good enough to win. not good, but good enough to win. The offense was not.

He may not have 'owned' him but he shut him down, remember one of the two catches was in a 3rd and long where he basically gave him the underneath route and was happy to force the punt.

Very impressed with Revis today, but that long miss was a very scary moment I admit. If Brady is playing there's no question that's a TD.

It is hard to watch everything but with the exception of the one play that was underthrown (Moss was wide open) Revis seemed to have an exceptional game. He followed Moss all over the field, everytime I look specifically at him, he did excellent.

Definitely a positive.

Archived