Anyone still happy...

madmike1

I honestly thought we were going to take Cutler too. Don't get me wrong, I do like Brick, but with McNeil and Justice available there were other options. Yes Justice isn't really good, heck I don't know if he's even still in the league, but we would have gotten Cutler, Mangold, McNeil with our first 3 picks. How different do the Jets look right now if we did that?

Or would we have wasted Cutler's talent like we are doing with Favre now. I wonder.

why does McFadden call the plays better?

:rl:

Running against Herm's Chiefs is just as easy as running against Belichick's Pats. Every idiot knows that. And he fumbled on his big run anyway. Dumb luck it went out of bounds & they didn't turn it over.

But I'm sure he would have had a lot more success running into Vince Wilfork up the gut because power-running is clearly McFadden's game.

And Jones sucks.

Hey Sperm, I've tried to give TJ a chance and give him the benefit of doubt because of our sucky O-line last year...but I have to say that I'm starting to agree with you. We need a power style RB to compliment Leon. Not a dancer.

I forget who it was. But this morning or last night someone had the perfect comment. Something like: despite all the people who claim he's a very good RB, I cannot think of one thing that Thomas Jones is very good at.

My take? Other than he's probably a better blocker than many (which isn't nothing), what is it he brings to the table that several practice-squad guys do not? He's not fast. He's not elusive. He's not a powerful runner. He hardly ever breaks tackles. He doesn't hit the hole quickly. And he isn't quick enough to improvise out of a broken play & turn nothing into something (like Leon did on the play that set up that 1st & goal).

The Jets didn't get McFadden? You McFadden haters were clueless.

He ran against the Chiefs........ I'll be more then willing to admit I was an ******* at the end of the season. Did any of you actually see the game and how pathetic the Chiefs looked or just the stat line? He also fumbled on his longest run which was one of the main criticisms leading up to the draft. The also made Michael Bush look like a 4.3 world beater on his 32 yard touchdown run where he basically went untouched.

I forget who it was. But this morning or last night someone had the perfect comment. Something like: despite all the people who claim he's a very good RB, I cannot think of one thing that Thomas Jones is very good at.

My take? Other than he's probably a better blocker than many (which isn't nothing), what is it he brings to the table that several practice-squad guys do not? He's not fast. He's not elusive. He's not a powerful runner. He hardly ever breaks tackles. He doesn't hit the hole quickly. And he isn't quick enough to improvise out of a broken play & turn nothing into something (like Leon did on the play that set up that 1st & goal).

He doesn't fumble, he doesn't miss assignments, he doesn't yak it up with the press, all qualities that I think this coaching staff are enamored with.

:rl:

Running against Herm's Chiefs is just as easy as running against Belichick's Pats. Every idiot knows that. And he fumbled on his big run anyway. Dumb luck it went out of bounds & they didn't turn it over.

But I'm sure he would have had a lot more success running into Vince Wilfork up the gut because power-running is clearly McFadden's game.

And Jones sucks.

McFadden may not be a power runner but one thing which I love about his style and something I loved about him in college - When a hole opens he see's it and hits it in a hurry, he has OUTSTANDING vision and is great at getting to the next level. He was outstanding yesterday regardless of who he was playing. You can't just take that away from him. I knew you guys would be quick to point out the fumble though, Pollard did a great job in catching him.

I call his move the Stop and Hop. Very tricky.

Positives about TJ:

He has very big arms.

He does not fumble a lot.

And..........nothing else, I guess.

What do you think about him now 124?

Darren McFadden? I think the same thing. He's a bust in the making. One 100 yard game against the lowly defense of the Kansas City Chiefs proves nothing to me. Another case of the young and or inexperienced fan over-reacting over one performance.

According to some Jets fans we should give up on the season.

Also, I don't see why we're still talking about Blair Thomas Jr. I really don't. We picked sixth, he was picked fourth, get over it. If we try to move up maybe we don't have Dwight Lowery right now (would've cost us a 3rd rounder to move up).

McFadden may not be a power runner but one thing which I love about his style and something I loved about him in college - When a hole opens he see's it and hits it in a hurry, he has OUTSTANDING vision and is great at getting to the next level. He was outstanding yesterday regardless of who he was playing. You can't just take that away from him. I knew you guys would be quick to point out the fumble though, Pollard did a great job in catching him.

Why not? He fumbled a dozen times or whatever it was last year.

No one doubts the guy runs like the wind and clearly has talent. Whether or not he will have an above-average career is anyone's guess.

But I was told he was SO fast that a friggin' safety with 4.6 speed never should have been able to run him down in a footrace.

Only way to get him would have been to trade up, and pay through our nose to do so. I'm for one am still glad we didn't.

But yeah, Cutler would have been a nice draft choice.

Cutler was drafted into one of the best situations possible.. mike shannahan knows how to handle QB's.. Had he been drafted by the Jets he probably would be Kellen Clemens

Instead of talking about McFadden maybe we should be talking about someone who we actually could've selected... like, Felix Jones.

If Vernon Gholston doesnt start contributing to this team in some capacity......the draft day shoulda coulda wouldas are gonna come out again.......................

Archived