God Bless the Patriots and no one else- Roger Goodell

Yes, the Jets had their own problems yesterday. But, it is painfully obvious that the Pats have the refs in their back pocket. Now that the camera's are put away, it's on to plan B. I found it mind blowing that the Pats only had one token penalty called against them at the end of the game. The Pats two big pass plays in the game had BLATANT holding going on.

I couldn't help but think back to the way Don Shula got all the calls go the Dolphins way back in the day. Well, it's 2008 now and it's clear that Roger Goodell has let the refs know if they want to stay in good standing, tilt the field for the Pats and you will be smiled upon.

As Big Rog, would say, God Bless the Patriots and why care about anyone else?

The pass interference call on the sideline on Cotchery was exactly that-pass interfernce, from my perspective. Cotchery had to not only slow up on teh ball (not illegal) but used his hands and arms to shield the defender.

The call in the end zone was borderline. Some I see called, some I don't.

We as Jet fans should stop focusing on the refs, and look more towards the Coles' (this guy is an absolute disgrace right now with his attitude and non-performance) the special teams (totally outplayed and out coached), the coaching (continued ill fits of players and schemes) and organization direction (creating a side show of a Favre signing as direct camouflage of incoming PSLs).

Those are the team's problems.

The pass interference call on the sideline on Cotchery was exactly that-pass interfernce, from my perspective. Cotchery had to not only slow up on teh ball (not illegal) but used his hands and arms to shield the defender.

The call in the end zone was borderline. Some I see called, some I don't.

We as Jet fans should stop focusing on the refs, and look more towards the Coles' (this guy is an absolute disgrace right now with his attitude and non-performance) the special teams (totally outplayed and out coached), the coaching (continued ill fits of players and schemes) and organization direction (creating a side show of a Favre signing as direct camouflage of incoming PSLs).

Those are the team's problems.

Agreed.

I hate blaming the refs. It is weak. You know who should blame the refs today? The Chargers. NOBODY else.

The Cotch play was pass interference. Not only that I think it was a great play on his part. If he didn't do that I think the ball gets picked off.

I agree. Another major problem I see with this team is our inherant inability to play smash-mouth football.

1st and goal: run behind Faneca. Swing and a miss.

2nd and goal: run behind Faneca. Swing and a miss.

3rd and goal: attempt to run behind Faneca. Swing and a stumble.

This to me, is more about wanting to punch your older brother in the mouth when you should probably be kicking at his knee caps.

I think our cordinators need to reassess the talent we have on this team and make fitting game-plans to accomodate. We thought we assembled the talent to punch it in, and we clearly haven't.

The refs made some shaky calls yesterday... but it's NOT WHY we lost.

I mean explain to me on 1 play, Stuckey breaks a tackle, in about 0.25 seconds, and the play is blown dead, and the very next play, our QB is dragged 12 yds back and the play is not dead ?

The refs made some shaky calls yesterday... but it's NOT WHY we lost.

I mean explain to me on 1 play, Stuckey breaks a tackle, in about 0.25 seconds, and the play is blown dead, and the very next play, our QB is dragged 12 yds back and the play is not dead ?

Two different things. On the Stuckey play they were just slow on the whistle but the call was that his knee hit the ground which it did.

On the Favre play I would rather they don't call in the grasp. Because a play with him is never over. Well until it is over of course.

I am really suprised that no one can see the Shula comparison. I guess the Pats are the greatest sports team ever and the NFL should stop playing games and just give them the championship trophy every year.

My God, the refs are in the Pats back pocket. Even a blind man could see that yesterday!

(Can someone under 50 respond?)

I am really suprised that no one can see the Shula comparison. I guess the Pats are the greatest sports team ever and the NFL should stop playing games and just give them the championship trophy every year.

My God, the refs are in the Pats back pocket. Even a blind man could see that yesterday!

If you can't see that the Jets were outmanned and outcoached yesterday, there really is no point to continuing the converstaion.

The Jets should look in the mirror first, because that is where the blame lies.

I have felt jobbed on games before, yesterday was not one of those games.

The Jets didn't even get beat at their own game, they got beat at the Patriots game. Great job by them. No refs accounted for that display.

I am in my 30s. I already responded. Here it is again:

LOL.

Yes, the Jets had their own problems yesterday. But, it is painfully obvious that the Pats have the refs in their back pocket. Now that the camera's are put away, it's on to plan B. I found it mind blowing that the Pats only had one token penalty called against them at the end of the game. The Pats two big pass plays in the game had BLATANT holding going on.

I couldn't help but think back to the way Don Shula got all the calls go the Dolphins way back in the day. Well, it's 2008 now and it's clear that Roger Goodell has let the refs know if they want to stay in good standing, tilt the field for the Pats and you will be smiled upon.

As Big Rog, would say, God Bless the Patriots and why care about anyone else?

You gotta be kidding me right? I suppose we were behind the JFK assassination as well?

I agree. Another major problem I see with this team is our inherant inability to play smash-mouth football.

1st and goal: run behind Faneca. Swing and a miss.

2nd and goal: run behind Faneca. Swing and a miss.

3rd and goal: attempt to run behind Faneca. Swing and a stumble.

This to me, is more about wanting to punch your older brother in the mouth when you should probably be kicking at his knee caps.

I think our cordinators need to reassess the talent we have on this team and make fitting game-plans to accomodate. We thought we assembled the talent to punch it in, and we clearly haven't.

You do not pay $12 million for 3 handoffs in tight formations 3 times in a row. That was Herman Edwards Pvssyball nonsense. The refs pissed me off, but the gameplan and execution totally sucked.

I'm angry, depressed, pissed off(and the hangover doens't help, even after a 17 mile bike ride). Yes, the season is not over. But it will be if things aren't changed pronto.

We lost for three reasons:

1) NE's special teams kicked us in the teeth (and in field position) and dominated us in that aspect of the game. position.

2) Doug Brien, I mean John Hall, I mean Mike Nugent, I mean....it all seems like the same story, Feeley shanking that kick KO'd the air out of the team and killed our momentum in the first half.

3) 3 runs inside the 3. I love the meat and potato guys they signed with Faneca and Woody, but this is where Jesse Chatman was missed totally. Leon is too small push the pile and TJ dances around. They needed to losen the reigns (perferably on 2nd down) with a play action pass just to keep them honest. Did we not forget that although Wilfolk is Mangold's hardest assignment year-by-year and yet, we run right into him?

So get off blaming the refs and any sorta conspiracy theory, since seriously I'd rather wake up in NY as a Jet fan right now then be in SD as a diehard -- point blank

This thread just needs to be bumped. Get the tin foil hats people!!! :)

The Pats hold on every play*

*As do the other 31 NFL teams.

Hey #90: How does a road team get all the calls? Is it because they are the Pats or that the Jets committed blatant penalties?

The Pats hold on every play*

*As do the other 31 NFL teams.

Hey #90: How does a road team get all the calls? Is it because they are the Pats or that the Jets committed blatant penalties?

you already know the answer mate!

Kraft is a heavy donor to Goodell's pension fund.

you already know the answer mate!

Kraft is a heavy donor to Goodell's pension fund.

$500K for BB, $500K for the Pats and loss of a 1st round pick. Goodell loves the Pats!!!

Seriously, this blame the refs stuff is getting old. Tony Gonazlez bitched about it after the Chiefs lost to the Pats.

At least the Jets players didn't blame the refs. They simply said they missed plays they should have made and that's it.

$500K for BB, $500K for the Pats and loss of a 1st round pick. Goodell loves the Pats!!!

Seriously, this blame the refs stuff is getting old. Tony Gonazlez bitched about it after the Chiefs lost to the Pats.

At least the Jets players didn't blame the refs. They simply said they missed plays they should have made and that's it.

Never said zebras cost jets game.. pu$$y football cost jets game

the pats OL is very average, i am curious as to why they never get called for holding..

If you can't see that the Jets were outmanned and outcoached yesterday, there really is no point to continuing the converstaion.

The Jets should look in the mirror first, because that is where the blame lies.

I have felt jobbed on games before, yesterday was not one of those games.

The Jets didn't even get beat at their own game, they got beat at the Patriots game. Great job by them. No refs accounted for that display.

I do believe that the NFL plays their own games when it comes to officiating. The game that immediately comes to mind is the Steelers - Colts AFC Divisional game in 2006. There was the shocking replay reversal of an interception that kept the Colts alive late in the fourth quarter and series of Steeler penalties that had everyone wondering if the NFL was tired of seeing Peyton Manning choke in the "big game". Thankfully the Steelers pulled out the win anyway.

Anyone that believes the NFL is pure and does not have an agenda is naive.

That being said...that was not the case in the Jet game. The Jets sucked as a team. They missed opportunities, and constantly shot themselves in the foot. I agree with those who pointed out the key factors in the loss.

1. Special teams

2. Coaching/game plan

3. Penalties

4. Missed tackles and assignments (mostly against the screen)

5. Dropped passes (Coles)

I could go on forever.

I truly believe if Tom Brady was the QB of the Jets, we would still have these same issues. The coaching system is flawed and ineffective. Shoty's offensive packages suck, and I'm sorry, but Mangini is not a great coach. I'm just saying.

the pats OL is very average, i am curious as to why they never get called for holding..

Maybe because they are well coached?

There was a photo in SI during last seasons playoffs where Garrard from the Jags had a huge run to setup their win. Blatant holding by the Jags oline in the photo.

Just like the Pats dline getting held on the helmet catch in the Super Bowl. S h i t happens.

Most non-Pats fans (haters) just don't understand that the Pats are actually pretty good.

Maybe because they are well coached?

There was a photo in SI during last seasons playoffs where Garrard from the Jags had a huge run to setup their win. Blatant holding by the Jags oline in the photo.

Just like the Pats dline getting held on the helmet catch in the Super Bowl. S h i t happens.

Most non-Pats fans (haters) just don't understand that the Pats are actually pretty good.

Nah we know they are just lucky;)

Archived