Goal line RB.

JETSFAN5180

Do we have a play called "QB sneak" in our playbook? Seriously.

I don't agree with you often but on this one I do. Why not on 3rd and Goal let Brett take it in? Either stack the line or go four or five wide and take the snap, take a step or two back and then charge up the middle? Give a shot. Something.

I don't agree with you often but on this one I do. Why not on 3rd and Goal let Brett take it in? Either stack the line or go four or five wide and take the snap, take a step or two back and then charge up the middle? Give a shot. Something.

Our QB is 38, and from what I can see, not fully in s hape yet. You can see how tired he is at the end of the game. I know it was hotter than hell both games and that may be why, but that's what I see.

I'm 35, so it's hard to call someone old at 38... :)

With the line the jets have on paper, it dont matter who's running the ball. 1 yard on 3 attempts and not get it thats on the Oline not doing its job. It would of helped if we would of spread the formation a little. but our Oline got pushed back, manhandled, bullied or how ever u want to put it.

Thanks, that means a lot. :(

Our QB is 38, and from what I can see, not fully in s hape yet. You can see how tired he is at the end of the game. I know it was hotter than hell both games and that may be why, but that's what I see.

Wait 'til you get to 51. Thanks, now I go into an even deeper depression. ;)

I'll call you both old. ;)

I disagree with your gloom and doom and most of your tampax wearing midol popping threads. However, you do have a point that that was a horrible horrible series of playcalling and execution. It doesn't work at all the first two times, try something else... at least run to a different side... no? play action pass? no? anything? not the same exact play 3 times in a row.

He is our FB same role other teams FB play on game day.

So by virtue of playing the same position, therefore he is the same player with the same skill set.

Well then we must have been crazy for not having Pennington throwing deep out patterns for the better part of the past decade because other teams have QB's and they do it.

You are just digging deeper.

You want me to delete this thread for you?

So by virtue of playing the same position, therefore he is the same player with the same skill set.

Well then we must have been crazy for not having Pennington throwing deep out patterns for the better part of the past decade because other teams have QB's and they do it.

You are just digging deeper.

You want me to delete this thread for you?

Look around the league and see what teams utilize their FB as the goal line ball carrier.Do the homework then criticize.No reason for DELETE.I stand by what I say.

Look around the league and see what teams utilize their FB as the goal line ball carrier.Do the homework then criticize.No reason for DELETE.I stand by what I say.

the league tend is more towards eliminating FB's completely actually

go ahead and post all the TD runs by a FB so far that are from 3 yards or less

if there are less than 32 examples, you lose

that's 1 FB TD in 2 games for the whole league

very fair

I did it for you

2 FB's have scored so far in 64 games

http://http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statistics?stat=score&league=nfl&season=2&year=2008

This is something that annoys me If you're going to argue with the guy at least read his post and try to understand the point he is making. This isn't politics. Tony Richardson is a blocker, he does not run the ball well especially in a goal line situation against seymour and wilfat. Just because other fullbacks can do it does not mean that he can. If you want to complain about not having a FB who can be a good goalline back, then you might have a point.

Stop it, you're killing me. :rl:

Richardson is a pure blocking FB. There is more than 1 type of FB in the league and...ah, what's the point?

Ok he is a blocker how has he done so far. Shouldnt a quality FB be able to handle both roles a blocker and goal line back and be able to move the pile to get into the end zone.

Ok he is a blocker how has he done so far. Shouldnt a quality FB be able to handle both roles a blocker and goal line back and be able to move the pile to get into the end zone.

Some players are more versatile than others. Tony Richardson, like Lorenzo Neal and others, is a pure blocking FB. That, combined with age, are the reasons they are available for the league minimum after both went to the pro bowl yet again last year. I'd put his blocking up against most FB's any day though.

Some players are more versatile than others. Tony Richardson, like Lorenzo Neal and others, is a pure blocking FB. That, combined with age, are the reasons they are available for the league minimum after both went to the pro bowl yet again last year. I'd put his blocking up against most FB's any day though.

Tim Hightower 5th rd pick by cards out of richmond

I have been raving about him for months...he finds the goalline, runs like

ricky williams, very quick and hit the hole hard

has 2 tds already

would have been a great pick

Tim Hightower 5th rd pick by cards out of richmond

I have been raving about him for months...he finds the goalline, runs like

ricky williams, very quick and hit the hole hard

has 2 tds already

would have been a great pick

No, and that's why you are a dumbass. A starting RB can only be found by trading a day-one pick away for a 28 year-old veteran who hasn't been a star since he got drafted. Get with the program.

Archived