Derek Jeter appreciation thread

MagicBizkit87

Good for you Yankees fans. It was your place and many memories are there for you.

The rest of us don't give a crap so don't make Yankee Stadium to be the best thing ever. Got it?

So if you have such a problem with the Yankees fans posting appreciations, and yankee stadium coming to a close, and you don't give a crap, like any of us care, then don't post on a New York website.

Post your crap on one of those faggot New England sites....

Did you sleep through the dynasty ? Did you sleep through the big plays on the field ? Can you not appreciate the leadership he has provided on this team ? I'm sorry that he didn't have a jeter-like season. You can't sleep walk through 4 ws championships in NYC. The pressure alone breaks most guys. He has been the consumate professional in his entire career. If you can't see that , you probably think Yogi was the Pippen of the 50's.

the last yankee championship was 8 years ago and the yankees haven't won anything since o'neil, tino, brosius, etc... left the team. i am not saying jeter is a bad player but for $21M/year the yankees should get more than .300, 10hrs, and avg. defense.

the last yankee championship was 8 years ago and the yankees haven't won anything since o'neil, tino, brosius, etc... left the team. i am not saying jeter is a bad player but for $21M/year the yankees should get more than .300, 10hrs, and avg. defense.

Jeter is still a very good big league player, and he would get nowhere near that in an open market, but he is GOD around these parts.

Yeah, ruben you were right, he was definitely conceived near a microwave.

ok dooshey, explain to me how great jeter is. what exactly has he done in the last 8 years to earn his $21M per/year?

Him making 21 Mil a year isn't taken out of my salary, so I wouldn't care how much a ball player makes. In my opinion I treat every single player as individuals. I don't care if it's the 21 million dollar Jeter, or the 380,000 Gardner. I treat every player the same.

Him making 21 Mil a year isn't taken out of my salary, so I wouldn't care how much a ball player makes. In my opinion I treat every single player as individuals. I don't care if it's the 21 million dollar Jeter, or the 380,000 Gardner. I treat every player the same.

Why are you arguing with this scumbag ? He obviously has an agenda and just here to stir up crap.

Why are you arguing with this scumbag ? He obviously has an agenda and just here to stir up crap.

you couldn't be more wrong. i am and have been a yankee fan my entire life. it just makes me sick to see a $200M payroll that can't beat tampa bay. like it or not jeter and his 21M/year are part of a bigger overall problem. if being a yankee was so important to jeter he could have easily taken a market value deal instead of squeezing the yankees for all they were worth.

i think jeter is a nice player, but for 21M/year my expectations are much higher than a light hitting middle infielder with very limited range.

since paul oneil and tino martinez left this team they have won nothing. so who really provided the leadership during the championship years?

you couldn't be more wrong. i am and have been a yankee fan my entire life. it just makes me sick to see a $200M payroll that can't beat tampa bay. like it or not jeter and his 21M/year are part of a bigger overall problem. if being a yankee was so important to jeter he could have easily taken a market value deal instead of squeezing the yankees for all they were worth.

i think jeter is a nice player, but for 21M/year my expectations are much higher than a light hitting middle infielder with very limited range.

since paul oneil and tino martinez left this team they have won nothing. so who really provided the leadership during the championship years?

Can't beat Tampa Bay? Didn't the Yankees go what, 11-7 against them this year? They had no problems taking care of the Rays. They had problems with a team like the Pirates, and Royals which is what killed their season.

You are so wrong, thinking Jeter had nothing to do with the success of the teams in the late 90's. The differences between the teams then, and the teams now are aces 1-5 in the rotation, and clutch hitting, which is clearly not Jeter's fault, it's the cleanup mans fault.

You clearly have no clue what you're talking about, and Ruben is definitely right, you really are a waste of breath.

There is alot of truth in this.

Forget the money though. That plays no part. Jeter signed that deal when teams were throwing money left and right with no regard to the consequence.

The problem though right now my feeling is in the clubhouse. Now I am not in there but this hasn't looked like a team that has been on the same page since 2001. Ironically (O'Neill's and Tino's last year.). That falls on the guys who have been there the longest that went through the great years.

What I have seen, and not just this year but the past couple of years is a team that presses way too much in big spots and is prone to go into hitting funks that last not just a game but weeks.

It seems that the few times the Yanks have shown a spark is when kids are brought up from the minors. (i,e Cano and Wang in 05, Melky, Shelly Duncan). Now those guys have been sucked into the vaccum of playing under the pressure and that is no way to play baseball.

When you are the captain you need to constantly have your finger on the pulse of the team and when you sense they are tight it is up to you to find out why and get it fixed. I think you have to start wondering if Jeter does.

I hate killing Jeter but I can't see Thurman Munson and "his" team going through these issues and not saying anything about it other than "We are fine".

Maybe it is not in his DNA to keep the team loose but it his job to find that guy in the clubhouse who can.

You are so wrong, thinking Jeter had nothing to do with the success of the teams in the late 90's. The differences between the teams then, and the teams now are aces 1-5 in the rotation, and clutch hitting, which is clearly not Jeter's fault, it's the cleanup mans fault.

You clearly have no clue what you're talking about, and Ruben is definitely right, you really are a waste of breath.

wrong again bro. the last yankee world series team had a starting rotation of:

clemens, pettite, cone (old cone), denny neagle, and el duque.

pettite had a great year and the rest were avg at best - not exactly aces 1-5 as you claim.

jeter probably had his best year in 2000 but it was the TEAM that won the games - bernie, tino, oneil. no superstars just good all around players who carried their own weight.

the pippen reference is probably off - jeter is actually the robert horry of baseball. good player on great teams.

wrong again bro. the last yankee world series team had a starting rotation of:

clemens, pettite, cone (old cone), denny neagle, and el duque.

pettite had a great year and the rest were avg at best - not exactly aces 1-5 as you claim.

jeter probably had his best year in 2000 but it was the TEAM that won the games - bernie, tino, oneil. no superstars just good all around players who carried their own weight.

the pippen reference is probably off - jeter is actually the robert horry of baseball. good player on great teams.

Good year or not, Roger Clemens is still Roger Clemens, plus the fact that he was on the roids, so that probably made him even a little better. David Cone, although old then, didn't lose anything in 2000, he was still a great pitcher then. Denny Neagle sucks, always has always will, but with how bad he is, he's still better then Sidney Ponson, or Darrell Rasner. El Duque was a solid pitcher during his time there. So, yeah pitching then was still a million times better then it is now.

I actually agree with the Pippen reference. You comparing him to the Robert Horry of baseball pretty much explains everything about you.

David Cone, although old then, didn't lose anything in 2000, he was still a great pitcher then.

in 2000 cone was 4-14 with a 6+ ERA. there is no way that can be considered an ace.

i think you need to go back and look at the championship teams. the yankees had good, not great pitching in any single season, deep bullpens, and a deep lineup void of superstars and 40+ HR hitters. i am not positive but i don't think the yankees had a 40+ HR hitter in any world series season.

it's ok if you disagree with me, the same way that i am entitled to my own opinion. i am still every bit the yankee fan that you claim to be, i just want to see the team win instead of continuing to throw $ down the drain for mediocre teams. i have my opinion of jeter - he is a nice player that is slightly overrated based on his actual performance and tremendously overrated based on his price/performance. kind of tough to disagree with that.

I've been in the UK on a soccer weekend day, and there's no way around it; soccer is boring as hell. You soccer enthusiasts are all pissed off becuase around the age of 12 we figure out it's a pointless game.Pick up the ball and run with it, and stop diving like Greg Louganis at a Boy Scout jamboree. The game SUCKS. It's a silly game the Brits conceived and propogated so the locals wouldn't develop hand-to-eye coordination.Don't hold it against us that we have collectively figured iout it's pointless.

Jeter is one of the all-time greats, period. Though his range is waning and what power he had is pretty much gone.

Yes, clearly you Americans have sussed out the system while we're all simple Idiots. Good job.

in 2000 cone was 4-14 with a 6+ ERA. there is no way that can be considered an ace.

i think you need to go back and look at the championship teams. the yankees had good, not great pitching in any single season, deep bullpens, and a deep lineup void of superstars and 40+ HR hitters. i am not positive but i don't think the yankees had a 40+ HR hitter in any world series season.

it's ok if you disagree with me, the same way that i am entitled to my own opinion. i am still every bit the yankee fan that you claim to be, i just want to see the team win instead of continuing to throw $ down the drain for mediocre teams. i have my opinion of jeter - he is a nice player that is slightly overrated based on his actual performance and tremendously overrated based on his price/performance. kind of tough to disagree with that.

Jeter isn't to blame as much as Alex Rodriguez is though. Jeter at least bats around the .300 mark in the clutch situations. What the hell does a-Rod bat? .200? Saying Jeter is to blame is complete bull****. If anything, he was one of the few that tried all year (abreu), as well.

Archived