I just f'd my back up lifting weights

BP

2 days before a 6 hour cross country flight Saturday morning..****!

I have an emergency call into my legendary chiropractor..the electric stimulus machine is being warmed up..this 70 year old man can snap an apple in half with those damn hands.

I hope I can get a quick fix on this or the sky Vodka will be doing whirlpool action over the skies of the United States.

Tell me about it. but being on a plane is like ****ing agony with that ****.

Get to your C-practor BP - they're magicians. He'll fix you right up - and you can still get get piss drunk on the plane. Take care of my men T and Doug out there k buddy?

Get to your C-practor BP - they're magicians. He'll fix you right up - and you can still get get piss drunk on the plane. Take care of my men T and Doug out there k buddy?

Me take care of T-Mac? :lol:

I'm in agreement with NJ. It helped me out last summer when I screwed mine up during tennis. Good luck BP. Hope it mends soon.

I agree, he's taking me in tomorrow night for a full working over.

I will take an extremely hot bath tonight though.

Me take care of T-Mac? :lol:

I agree, he's taking me in tomorrow night for a full working over.

I will take an extremely hot bath tonight though.

Hot? :-k . I know it's too late now to ask him but I'm wondering if ice initially would be better. I just "tweaked" mine yesterday afternoon in tennis and I took the gel pack out of the freezer and slapped it right on. Lower back, just off a little to one side of center. Make sure you ask him about hot vs cold for future reference. Good luck BP and have a safe flight.

Hot? :-k . I know it's too late now to ask him but I'm wondering if ice initially would be better. I just "tweaked" mine yesterday afternoon in tennis and I took the gel pack out of the freezer and slapped it right on. Lower back, just off a little to one side of center. Make sure you ask him about hot vs cold for future reference. Good luck BP and have a safe flight.

If I do the cold treatment I still get the sciatic nerve action pain in my ass all the way down my leg when I'm sitting. if I use heat that goes away.

Thanks!

It's too easy to screw up your back. I'll only deadlift 300 lbs, I don't see the point of going much over that. You can Sumo DL with less weight and get the same effect as regular deadlifting a greater amount of weight, but there's a lot less risk of injury.

How old are you BP?

Deadlifts??

Lift with your legs, not with your back, dumbass.

It's too easy to screw up your back. I'll only deadlift 300 lbs, I don't see the point of going much over that. You can Sumo DL with less weight and get the same effect as regular deadlifting a greater amount of weight, but there's a lot less risk of injury.

How old are you BP?

I'm 43, I ****ed my back up when I was younger working. it only acts up once in a blue moon, and now is one of those times.

I don't do dead lifts. I actually ****ed it up doing lat raises with an easy curl bar this time.

The old man/Chiropractor will set me straight. he has never failed me yet.

Hot for 15 minutes then cold for 15 minutes. Repeat as many times as possible.

+1

Alternating is best when you first hurt it.

This thread is hitting a little too close to home. Last week in NY I was deadlifting. I keep it light. I'll almost never go over 275. Kept it down to 225 wide grips for my visit. Saw a chiro for the first time a week ago. Good guy and the stim was pretty good. Felt fine. 15 hours after I left NY and 8 hours in the air I arrived in Milan and for the last two days it has felt like some ****er is sticking an ice pick in my left shoulder. ****. I love going home, but I hate the trip.

How old are you BP?

he is very close to SJ;)

+1

Alternating is best when you first hurt it.

This thread is hitting a little too close to home. Last week in NY I was deadlifting. I keep it light. I'll almost never go over 275. Kept it down to 225 wide grips for my visit. Saw a chiro for the first time a week ago. Good guy and the stim was pretty good. Felt fine. 15 hours after I left NY and 8 hours in the air I arrived in Milan and for the last two days it has felt like some ****er is sticking an ice pick in my left shoulder. ****. I love going home, but I hate the trip.

Cold should always be 1st, i tried heat first and almost became paralyzed and the pain was gawd awful

Sorry about the back, BP.

It's so easy to F your back.. All it takes is a sneeze sometimes.

I had 2 bad car accidents years ago and they're catching up to me now.. my back is always stiff in the morning and before bed. When I work out, I'm ALWAYS super careful with my form.

I hope it works itself out before your flight.

Sorry about the back, BP.

It's so easy to F your back.. All it takes is a sneeze sometimes.

I had 2 bad car accidents years ago and they're catching up to me now.. my back is always stiff in the morning and before bed. When I work out, I'm ALWAYS super careful with my form.

I hope it works itself out before your flight.

Can you elaborate on Form please...my back is kind of sore too;)

Can you elaborate on Form please...my back is kind of sore too;)

w squats, cleans, etc you want to start low, use your legs, and use a stiff postured straight lift. Don't slouch with weights in hand or it will drain your lower back and neck.

I am suffering with a lower back problem because I started a core workout with too much weight and bad lifts.

Archived