Jets sign new Punter for Monday night game against SD...

JonEJet

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jet...aham-retu.html

Ben Graham is back with the Jets.

With new P Reggie Hodges (thigh) listed as questionable for tonight’s game, the jets have re-signed Graham, whom they waived last Tuesday after a poor game against the Patriots.

Graham’s agent confirmed the move earlier this evening, while I was flying to San Diego.

This is the guy I wanted in the 1st place

He'll be fine

Didn't we sign a punter to the PS?

Boland (I think) reported that the Practice Squad punter was shank central. I don't remember what day but I remember reading that the guy was shanking punts all over the place in the little time they can watch.

Obviously they weren't impressed.

Boland (I think) reported that the Practice Squad punter was shank central. I don't remember what day but I remember reading that the guy was shanking punts all over the place in the little time they can watch.

Obviously they weren't impressed.

I think it was some girl that was taking Boland's place during his sick day.

I also don't think he was shanking punts. I think he was muffing snaps. Supposedly he boomed a few 50 yarders, but was having trouble with the snaps. It was also initially reported as Hodges, so it probably wasn't a very reliable report.

I actually look at this as positive. Not because I wanted Graham back, but it shows me that the front office is not stubborn enough to just cut their nose off to spite their face. They realized their punter is hurt, and they got someone, even if it is for this week only.

I'd still like to know how the hell Hodges injured himself and also why Graham would agree to return? I guess he views it as if he punts successfully he can win his job.

Lets see how Benny does. I'll be rooting for him.

Answer #1: Hodges was either really out of shape or a total mush.

Answer #2: No one else came calling. And NFL money is difficult to turn down.

I will root for Graham, too. Maybe this was the wake up call he needed.

anyone else think that the team had this planned all along. Show a little accountablity

No. Because the cost of cutting graham (I believe he's a vested vet, his salary was guaranteed, and not base) cost the team cap space... .small amount but it cost them some. When you resign him, he doesn't just plop back into his cap space.

No. Because the cost of cutting graham (I believe he's a vested vet, his salary was guaranteed, and not base) cost the team cap space... .small amount but it cost them some. When you resign him, he doesn't just plop back into his cap space.

Can't imagine the hit being too much for a punter, especialy one who had an average year at best last year.

Can't imagine the hit being too much for a punter, especialy one who had an average year at best last year.

He signed a long term deal a couple years ago though.. so there is bonus to take into account + salary.. It won't be huge, but for a team up against the cap. every dollar matters.

Archived