Why do we SUCK?

JonEJet

yea i dont get it. we get all these players and free agents. we go get brett farve. why do we suck?!!! why pay so much for all these old great vets, if we're not gonna win anyways??? does this season end with mangenious gettin canned...if we dont end up as good as we all thought we were gonna be? i just dont get it. i believed the hype. i thought we were contenders!!!! im so sad.:(

1) No weapons - we haven't had a decent WR since Keyshawn left. Moss had potential - but Coles and Cotch are just above average and not elite.

2) You can't take free agent talent and mesh it together that quickly, especcially when a QB is involved.

3) Both of our coordinators are morons.

Bottom line is that this whole offseason was done for PSL's and it will take the Jets until the end of the year to mesh properly.

I disagree

Our OLine still sucks, and we might have to use the B word when talking about D'Brick

I thought the pass blocking has been very good so far.

And it's hard to know if we can play offense. The coaches don't want us to even try until we're down 24. The Chargers were still coming on defense, I do not think they were slacking off. Just look at how badly they wanted to stop us on the 2 pt conversion.

Favre will get accustomed to the recieving corps by our bye week and that will mean everything to moving the ball. Our O'line still is ain't looking great. D'Brick may be mediocre forever. The CS had to play from behind so a chicken sheet ground game was never an option. They showed at least they know how to call pass plays even if they're carry over crap from when pus arm was the QB. The D is playing with ZERO guts and heart and Sutton's scheme's have us rushing 3 and still having every receiver open - that has to change. If Jenkins is out we have no semblance of a nose tackle so hard telling what they'll accomplish in the 3-4.

Easier teams are on the horizon but it looks like we're still a few weeks from playing good football.

I dont know about jesses but why not leon washington. I dont know why or how they forgot that 2 years ago when leon was the ball carrier we went to the playoffs. last year he had rushing td's also besides ko. thomas just waste time on the field. He is not a threat or playmaker they need 2 sit him down. their best PLAYMAKER is LEON WASHINGTON and he never touces the ball. they are CRAZY

I dont know about jesses but why not leon washington. I dont know why or how they forgot that 2 years ago when leon was the ball carrier we went to the playoffs. last year he had rushing td's also besides ko. thomas just waste time on the field. He is not a threat or playmaker they need 2 sit him down. their best PLAYMAKER is LEON WASHINGTON and he never touces the ball. they are CRAZY

Not crazy about Leon "I can lose you 5 yards or gain you 5 yards" carrying it all of the time. However, we desperatly need a powr RB because Jones just can't get those tough yards.

Not crazy about Leon "I can lose you 5 yards or gain you 5 yards" carrying it all of the time. However, we desperatly need a powr RB because Jones just can't get those tough yards.

Do you have a stat? Only way I'll believe you on this is if you actually post up a stat for losses. On pure average, LW has a better one that Jones.

Do you have a stat? Only way I'll believe you on this is if you actually post up a stat for losses. On pure average, LW has a better one that Jones.

Did you watch the Pats game? He is fun to watch once in a while - but not a good everydown back and never will be.

Did you watch the Pats game? He is fun to watch once in a while - but not a good everydown back and never will be.

I saw him take us down the 2 yard line and then TJ lose yardage/gain nothing 3 times in a row. I don't much remember Leon getting any other chances on offense.

The box score states Leon had 2 rushes for 28 yards, with a 17 long. That means he gained 11 on the other rush. I don't know what kind of math you're doing, he gained on the only two rushes he had.

He also had 4 receptions for 22 yards, with a long of 13. So somehow he got 9 yards on the other 3 receptions. So at least one had to be positive yardage. So at most, he has 2 for losses or no gain, which I highly doubt.

Maybe YOU should start watching the games, or at least looking at box scores before spouting off this crap. Also, Eric, stop ****ing posting and start coaching. You can't talk about Leon not being an everydown back when you're not an everydown coach, you loser.

Okay here goes. We had the pieces in place for a good team--until the Favre aquisition. Three years ago this would have been an excellent choice. But this year it was done for a simple reason--Jets/Gints stadium and PSL's. Giants are coming off a SB year--Jets...4 and 12. Hype helps fans swallow the pill more easily. Favre hasn't been with us long enough to learn the offense, nor has he been keeping in shape physically in the off-season. He misses GB and came here as a last resort. The team doesn't believe in him, nor has it embraced him. They loved Chad (not just Coles) and resent the way he was treated. Let's face it--Chad knew his role, his plays and his players...and he loved being a Jet. Mangini made a stupid- strong-arm decision that the players don't respect. They don't play hard for their coach and the team has no identity. Favre is lost in NJ (not his fault) and the team lacks cohesivesness. This would have been a much better team had they let Brett go softly into that good-night. Just sayin'.

Leon Washington 71att 353 yds 5.0avg 493rushing td

Leon Washington 47129127.5983 kick off return stats...

Thomas Jones 31011193.6361

And let me also add that that one touchdown thomas got last year was because leon ran it to the 3yd line

so that means 6 total touchdowns and accounted for 65% of jet points..

lc had 6 touchdowns also last year .. so that = in 2007 leon was the best playmaker...

2006 leon had 4.3 avg AND he was the only rb with the most touches and we went to the playoffs. Is that enough stat for ur ass.. LEON GETS IT DONE, if he got the ball half as much as thomas jones he would have a 1000 yd season

I saw him take us down the 2 yard line and then TJ lose yardage/gain nothing 3 times in a row. I don't much remember Leon getting any other chances on offense.

The box score states Leon had 2 rushes for 28 yards, with a 17 long. That means he gained 11 on the other rush. I don't know what kind of math you're doing, he gained on the only two rushes he had.

He also had 4 receptions for 22 yards, with a long of 13. So somehow he got 9 yards on the other 3 receptions. So at least one had to be positive yardage. So at most, he has 2 for losses or no gain, which I highly doubt.

Maybe YOU should start watching the games, or at least looking at box scores before spouting off this crap. Also, Eric, stop ****ing posting and start coaching. You can't talk about Leon not being an everydown back when you're not an everydown coach, you loser.

Yes 2 rushes is a great sample of what he would do with 25 carries a game. Leon dances too much and is too small to be a RB - but don't let reality get in your way, just keep overrating average Jets players situational stats.

Yes 2 rushes is a great sample of what he would do with 25 carries a game. Leon dances too much and is too small to be a RB - but don't let reality get in your way, just keep overrating average Jets players situational stats.

How do we know what Leon can do when he never gets a chance?

You do know he is bigger than Westbrook and Sproles right?

there is alot of small GREAT rb's.. As big as thomas is hes weak, and maybe he needs to start dancing so we can win and get some yards. As big as he is as soon as he gets touched he falls, the only way he runs is with holes, he doesnt create ****

Leon Washington 71att 353 yds 5.0avg 493rushing td

Leon Washington 47129127.5983 kick off return stats...

Thomas Jones 31011193.6361

And let me also add that that one touchdown thomas got last year was because leon ran it to the 3yd line

so that means 6 total touchdowns and accounted for 65% of jet points..

lc had 6 touchdowns also last year .. so that = in 2007 leon was the best playmaker...

2006 leon had 4.3 avg AND he was the only rb with the most touches and we went to the playoffs. Is that enough stat for ur ass.. LEON GETS IT DONE, if he got the ball half as much as thomas jones he would have a 1000 yd season

Again so we are going off of 71 attempts for the year. Awesome, so then if Brad Smith ran it everytime he would turn put up Eric Dickerson type stats or Adrian Peterson even. I vote for you two as the next Jets coaches.

there is alot of small GREAT rb's.. As big as thomas is hes weak, and maybe he needs to start dancing so we can win and get some yards. As big as he is as soon as he gets touched he falls, the only way he runs is with holes, he doesnt create ****

First off Thomas is a clone of his brother and needs a bigger RB to consistently move the chains. Second, I already said we need a big back in here.

Again so we are going off of 71 attempts for the year. Awesome, so then if Brad Smith ran it everytime he would turn put up Eric Dickerson type stats or Adrian Peterson even. I vote for you two as the next Jets coaches.

AGain if u read what I said, if LW got the ball as much as TJ did things would happen. Also in 2006 Leon Washington 1516504.3234

yea he had 151 attempts, 650 yards, 4.3 avg and we went to the playoffs

AGain if u read what I said, if LW got the ball as much as TJ did things would happen. Also in 2006 Leon Washington 1516504.3234

yea he had 151 attempts, 650 yards, 4.3 avg and we went to the playoffs

Right, look at what more touches did to his average. He has big play potential - but he is also running it in different situations than Thomas Jones is. He is a scat back and nothing more. There is no argument that he can hit the big play - the problem is he can't run over linebackers. This is what you need your everydown RB to do.

Right, look at what more touches did to his average. He has big play potential - but he is also running it in different situations than Thomas Jones is. He is a scat back and nothing more. There is no argument that he can hit the big play - the problem is he can't run over linebackers. This is what you need your everydown RB to do.

4.3 is better than TJ's average...of 3.9 in his career. Including 3.6 from last year.

Leon Washington actually has a 4.5 average for his career, including 4.6 from last year, both are better than Jones.

4.3 is better than TJ's average...of 3.9 in his career. Including 3.6 from last year.

Leon Washington actually has a 4.5 average for his career, including 4.6 from last year, both are better than Jones.

And Brad Smith has a career 4.9 ypc, including 5.7 in 2006. Problem is he was given different opportunities to run it in as well as the fact that he has less carries.

This is the toughest start to the season the Jets have had in a long time.

Couple Things....

Kill Eric Smith

Play Gholston all the time

4&5 WR Sets are going to be a lot more prevalent

Washington will get more touches, but we will NOT abandon the scheme of a good balanced team, that is what you need to win and win championships. And If you're ready to give up on this team after an 1-2 start after a 4-12 season last year, than think about why you're a Jets Fan...

btw...Once scottenheimer leaves, this team (with or without favre) will score points like you wont believe. Keller, Cotchery, Jones/Washington

Oh and Kill Coles. He is a bitch ass who can't focus anymore now that weak arm chad is gone. it's pathetic watching him trying to compete with top-notch cornerbacks.

J

E

T

S

Archived