Philip Rivers...

Alk

Lost in last night's Favre ball washing is the fact that little Philip Rivers has turned into one hell of an NFL qb. Okay now does anyone have a tictac? Seriously though, it seems that he has matured alot over the offseason not to mention he has one hell of an arm. I still can't stand the guy but he has impressed me so far this season.

I am forced to watch him all year long here in SD. Don't fool yourself. He should've had 2 int's to start the game. We got lit up by one of the worst offenses in the league. Besides LT that team has poor receivers. Our defense was exposed for being a bunch of dirtbags . They got picked apart by a D+ offense.

why is it that so many people here last nite and today preface everything they say about Rivers with a "I hate him" anyway? I saw very good, clutch, young QB last night who converted every single important 3rd down AND LONG he had to

Just because The Jets suck doesn't mean we can't appreciate a talented football player when we see one

Phillip Rivers is a dam good QB with a cannon for an arm.Give any decent QB quality WRs and time to throw and success happens.

we GOT one of those guys-his name is Brett....Ratliff, unfortunately Mangini will continue to de-activate him every Sunday for the incompetence of one Kellen Clemens...I hope the next coach sees what a lot of us see...potential to have our own great young QB

Lost in last night's Favre ball washing is the fact that little Philip Rivers has turned into one hell of an NFL qb. Okay now does anyone have a tictac? Seriously though, it seems that he has matured alot over the offseason not to mention he has one hell of an arm. I still can't stand the guy but he has impressed me so far this season.

dude...that was unlistenable. It was the worst pregame show i had ever seen and i watched a lot of packer pre-games.

BTW, what about that thomas jones bit? it had my roommate and i in stiches...it portrayed him as though he wasn't a ****ty running back! :rl:

Like I said, I see almost every Bolt game and I attend quite a few. But if you guys want to ride his sack, go ahead. Our team is an abortion. That is the real problem.

it's not that Kloogy...all some of can do is call 'em as we see 'em-he looked pretty good last night and yes, we looked pretty bad. We don't get a chance to watch him weekly...

we GOT one of those guys-his name is Brett....Ratliff, unfortunately Mangini will continue to de-activate him every Sunday for the incompetence of one Kellen Clemens...I hope the next coach sees what a lot of us see...potential to have our own great young QB

I agree Brett Ratliff is our future and should be activated and playing on certain offensive schemes.He may very well be the answer we've all been looking for.

it's not that Kloogy...all some of can do is call 'em as we see 'em-he looked pretty good last night and yes, we looked pretty bad. We don't get a chance to watch him weekly...

I understand that, but I see far more reason to flame Thomas Jones for getting stripped of the ball in a key possesion, the defense's weak play in the red zone and other factors in the game. Once you make the opposing QB think he can't be stopped, you are screwed. If he got picked for the 2nd time like he should've, he loses his confidence as he usually does, and it's game over. That what the Patriots do to SD everythime they play here. The demoralize the offense and Rivers will make key mistakes. Our team can't do that. Who do we blame for it ? I don't know. But we didn't lose because of our QB.

I understand that, but I see far more reason to flame Thomas Jones for getting stripped of the ball in a key possesion, the defense's weak play in the red zone and other factors in the game. Once you make the opposing QB think he can't be stopped, you are screwed. If he got picked for the 2nd time like he should've, he loses his confidence as he usually does, and it's game over. That what the Patriots do to SD everythime they play here. The demoralize the offense and Rivers will make key mistakes. Our team can't do that. Who do we blame for it ? I don't know. But we didn't lose because of our QB.

you know who I blame now? Eric Mangini...5 wins out of the last 20 games=incompetence to me...a .250 winning % in football means you should be fired Bro

dude...that was unlistenable. It was the worst pregame show i had ever seen and i watched a lot of packer pre-games.

BTW, what about that thomas jones bit? it had my roommate and i in stiches...it portrayed him as though he wasn't a ****ty running back! :rl:

Did they really have a Transformer sound effect in the Thomas Jones bit? I didn't see it personally but heard someone talking about it. By the way, he's not a $hitty running back. He's had three straight 1,100+ yd. seasons. Just as k madmike. He'll tell you all about it.

Well, as long time Jets fans we should be used to this mediocre play right ?

I'm getting better at it-it's taken me 40 years of watching this team to get there but yea, I'm finally able to not chew off all my nails and calluses, or to kick things and almost break my toe again (hello Detroit game 1997) I'm sick of this crap product year in, year out

I am forced to watch him all year long here in SD. Don't fool yourself. He should've had 2 int's to start the game. We got lit up by one of the worst offenses in the league. Besides LT that team has poor receivers. Our defense was exposed for being a bunch of dirtbags . They got picked apart by a D+ offense.

You must watch the NFC on FOX if you believe this crap.

Yes, the Jets would have won the game if Brett Ratliff was the number 2 QB yesterday. All kidding aside, neither Clemens nor Ratliff will see the time of day unless, something catastrophic happens to Favre.

You are way bitter dude.

Philip Rivers will be a star in this league.

His record so far is 28-11.

That is damn good, and he is only continuing to get better.

Having attended all 3 Chargers games this year in person, I would say that only about 5% of his passes are bad. The rest have been great. With exception of the first half in the Opening Week, he has been lights out.

You are way bitter dude.

Having attended all 3 Chargers games this year in person, I would say that only about 5% of his passes are bad. The rest have been great. With exception of the first half in the Opening Week, he has been lights out.

Nate Keading is so UGLYYYYYY!!

You are way bitter dude.

Take Hank Bauer's kawk out of your mouth for 2 minutes. You are either blind, or you have never seen a real QB play in person. Even previous Charger QB's like Stan Humphries had more speed and zip on their throws than Rivers. He , along with the Charger team are notorious choke artists. How quickly people forget the disaster they put on last year in the playoffs. The Jets sorry defense made him look good. Point blank.

I have said since his days in college,,on this board,,that w ewould be a solid NFL QB,,kid is smart,,coaches son,,4 year starter in college,,

heart of a lion...plus his parents used to live down the street from me ;)

he is a very nice guy,,we used to frequent same Italian restaurant and we was always polite to all fans

wish we had him

I have said since his days in college,,on this board,,that w ewould be a solid NFL QB,,kid is smart,,coaches son,,4 year starter in college,,

heart of a lion...plus his parents used to live down the street from me ;)

he is a very nice guy,,we used to frequent same Italian restaurant and we was always polite to all fans

wish we had him

We got Ratty, screw Rivers

Archived