Is there anything better than biscuits and gravy?

Alk

I mean seriously. I just warmed me up a plate of biscuits and gravy that I made from scratch. I think there's enough fat in this stuff to make an elephant have a coronary but I don't care. See this is the kind of stuff that wouldn't last 10 seconds on that other site whose name we shall not mention.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It is good eating. And coming from Scotland we know more than our fair share about coronary dishes. Mmmmmmmm coronary dishes. Drool.

Oh dude, try this on for size. I started with a plate of hashbrowns smothered in ketchup. Then two biscuits open face. Then I put 3 eggs sunny side up on top of that. And then for the grand finale I dumped gravy over the whole mess until my plate couldn't hold anymore. I'm taking the last bite as we speak. I just won. :D

Oh dude, try this on for size. I started with a plate of hashbrowns smothered in ketchup. Then two biscuits open face. Then I put 3 eggs sunny side up on top of that. And then for the grand finale I dumped gravy over the whole mess until my plate couldn't hold anymore. I'm taking the last bite as we speak. I just won. :D

I hate/marginally respect you right now. Anyone who eats eggs and ketchup at night is okay in my book. I had a HUGE plate of pasta tonight and your last post has made me hungry already. DAMMIT!

Btw, please tell me the eggs were soft.

I hate/marginally respect you right now. Anyone who eats eggs and ketchup at night is okay in my book. I had a HUGE plate of pasta tonight and your last post has made me hungry already. DAMMIT!

Btw, please tell me the eggs were soft.

That's what sunny side up is around here anyway. When you stick your fork in them they just kind of ooz all over the plate.

As an esteemed moderator of this fine board, I feel it's my responsibility to mention that you two are disgusting hillbillies. That's just gross. Go and get a Big Mac and kill yourselves slowly like normal people, willya? :lol:

LOL

You country bumpkins

• 2 weeks later...
I mean seriously. I just warmed me up a plate of biscuits and gravy that I made from scratch. I think there's enough fat in this stuff to make an elephant have a coronary but I don't care. See this is the kind of stuff that wouldn't last 10 seconds on that other site whose name we shall not mention.

:D:D You sound like Pennington on that Monday night Miami game when ABC did a brief interview with him..

Alk didn't you get your own everything else forum over there?

:D:D You sound like Pennington on that Monday night Miami game when ABC did a brief interview with him..

Ughhhh...tell me Pennington doesn't like biscuits and gravy. Ah what the hell, he can come over too. One plate of these biscuits and grave and he'd be throwing the ball like Favre. :lol:

I am all about the biscuits and gravy. Here in the south its a way of life. You can eat it anytime for any meal you choose. This is a great thread. :lol:

Buscuits and gravy at The Cracker Barrel is life

Down here, red eye gravy is pretty big, but I dig that sawmill gravy \:D/

I make my gravy the hillbilly way. Burn the hell out of the flower and make it so thick that 3 bites fills ya up. Delicious! :lol:

I make my gravy the hillbilly way. Burn the hell out of the flower and make it so thick that 3 bites fills ya up. Delicious! :lol:

Dude I'm from kansas. You think I don't know how to make hillbilly gravy? :lol: Actually my little twist is instead of just buying regular sausage, I get sausage with bacon mixed in. Double the pork fat double the fun. :D

ass sex followed by a gravy and biscuit meal is even better

Buscuits and gravy at The Cracker Barrel is life

Down here, red eye gravy is pretty big, but I dig that sawmill gravy \:D/

What exactly is sawmill gravy? Don't think I've ever had it. I got my basic recipe from my wife's Elvis cookbook and elaborated on it.....alot. :lol:

Dude I'm from kansas. You think I don't know how to make hillbilly gravy? :lol: Actually my little twist is instead of just buying regular sausage, I get sausage with bacon mixed in. Double the pork fat double the fun. :D

:lol:

I use Bacon grease more than sausage. I prefer the taste plus bacon gives ya more grease to clog your arteries. :twisted:

Alright, I figured out what sawmill gravy is. That's what I make. I'd just never heard it called that before.

Ever have the Buscuits and Gravy with 3 eggs over easy, and a helping of cheesey potatoe casserole

It's proven to take 3 days off you life for each meal

Ever have the Buscuits and Gravy with 3 eggs over easy, and a helping of cheesey potatoe casserole

It's proven to take 3 days off you life for each meal

Haven't had the cheesy potatoes but tonight I did have biscuits with 3 eggs sunny side up (runny), hashbrowns with gravy dumped over the top of the whole mess. :twisted:

I come from an Italian family...gravy to me growing up was what a lot of people refer to as sauce...you know, like in spaghetti sauce.

Every Sunday morning my mother would make her "gravy" (you guys remember that in the Godfather movie when Clemenza was making it I'm sure) and the smell would permeate the entire house and nothing tasted better then fresh gravy on a warm piece of Italian bread...to die for...I miss those days.

Archived