Is there anything better than biscuits and gravy?

Alk

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Biscuits and gravy - I hear so much about this stuff, seen it too, yet I've never been tempted. And what is this grits stuff I've heard about? Isn't that some polenta-like hot breakfast cereal? No offense guys, but you really can't a Sunday Brunch in Boston - lobster omelete. Yummy.

Biscuits and gravy - I hear so much about this stuff, seen it too, yet I've never been tempted. And what is this grits stuff I've heard about? Isn't that some polenta-like hot breakfast cereal? No offense guys, but you really can't a Sunday Brunch in Boston - lobster omelete. Yummy.

In all seriousness....you do not have a cracker barrel up there in the City of Massholes?

When I was in South Carolina, grits looked like heated baby diarehea to me.

JonE, no, there are no Cracker Barrell's in the Boston area.

Let's see - International House of Pancakes, Bickfords and Denny's would be it as far as "breakfast" type places. Still - and you went to school in Boston so you know this - we have these great diners in Boston - kind of like a NY Deli.

I've been to a Cracker Barrell - where do you think I saw that Buscuit and gravy stuff? Everyone seemed to love it. I was scared... :lol:

When were you in SC infesting my state? :wink:

I was in Columbia from August through Deccember 1988 and again 5 weeks in early February and March 2000.

Loved the area, did not touch the grits. That is one of thoise acquired tastes.

Dude I'm from kansas. You think I don't know how to make hillbilly gravy? :lol: Actually my little twist is instead of just buying regular sausage, I get sausage with bacon mixed in. Double the pork fat double the fun. :D

The best sausage ever came from Danny's Pork Store, near Arthur Avenue in the Bronx...I've been struggling to find another as good since they closed a couple of years back.

I was in Columbia from August through Deccember 1988 and again 5 weeks in early February and March 2000.

Loved the area, did not touch the grits. That is one of thoise acquired tastes.

Military I'd imagine

Charleston in 2000...damn :lol:

Nothing beats some good eats... and all this food talk is making me hungry again... had me a breakfast sized dinner tonight. Nothing spectacular, just scrambled eggs and hash browns... but it almost makes me wanna go fire up the stove and make a feast. Damn you Alk! :lol:

Hey don't feel bad, I've been hungry since about 11:00. All I had for lunch is a hersheys bar with almonds. I'm a pretty good sized boy and that just doesn't go over well with me. :lol:

Hey don't feel bad, I've been hungry since about 11:00. All I had for lunch is a hersheys bar with almonds. I'm a pretty good sized boy and that just doesn't go over well with me. :lol:

I hear ya... like I said, nothing beats some good eats. And nothing beats getting everything together, mashing it up in your plate, putting it on bread, and eating it like a sandwich. It's like a utopia.

I agree. A pizza made with biscuit crust topped with scrambled eggs, hashbrowns, sausage gravy and cheese. And yes I have done this on more than one occasion. :lol:

You eat that slop? Jesus christ what is kansas a 3rd world country?

You just don't know good eating. 8)

Good eating? Throwing all my favorite breakfast meals together on one plate and dumping gravy on it doesn't sound like good eating?,it sounds like a bunch of hill billies who don't know how to cook to me.

I agree. A pizza made with biscuit crust topped with scrambled eggs, hashbrowns, sausage gravy and cheese. And yes I have done this on more than one occasion. :lol:

Holy hell, my advise would be to IMMEDIATELY head to your doctors office after eating that, whether ya feel bad or not! :lol:

Another batch of biscuits are in the oven? Who's coming over? This thread is going to be like Ham's eggnog thread. It's just going to pop up when you least expect it. :lol:

i'll be there in a few moments ... i am just around the corner ;):lol:

Call me a hillbilly but i'd wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy rather have B&G than caviar. EWWWWWWWWWWWWYUCKKKKKK!

:lol:

Now lets be fair. I'm sure caviar tastes just fine..........with some gravy and ketchup on top of it. :lol:

Biscuits & gravy...regular biscuits? What is the gravy made from. The rest of us live in civilization ,where you can buy real food to eat,not chicken feet and cows blood.

WTF is it?

Biscuits covered with gravy, usually white gravy that you'd find on a chicken fried steak.

We eat biscuits and gravy down here like the Japs eat octopusses.

Archived