Is there anything better than biscuits and gravy?

Alk

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ive never had chicken fried steak.

How would you make the sauce?

But seriously though. Gravy is simple. You brown up some sausage or any ground meat for that matter. Then you stir in a little bit of flower and let it cook for just a minute. Then you dump a bunch of milk in and let it simmer until it gets good and thick. If you're being serious, I can give you the exact recipe how I make mine.

Sorry but they don't sell chicken fried steak outside on Denny's in NY :roll:

Brown sausage and add milk,Yummy :^o

I'm being serious. You're doing yourself a great disservice by not trying either of these. Now your heart, not so much. :lol:

Yes Tx im on the moon and my Ethernet cable is mad long :roll:

Sorry to all the country folk on the board but i have heard of it,just never eat'n it.

Okay Smizzy I have a mission for you. By sunday night I want you to go out and try a chicken fried steak. My personal favorite is at Chili's go get yourself a chicken fried steak and a margarita presidente. You can thank me afterwards.

Many moons ago after a night (almost every night ) of shot-gunning Beers we would hit the Fairview Cafe in Nebraska and get double orders of open roastbeef sandwiches with fries smothered in brown gravy. That was a real delight. Alk if you are ever in Wahoo Nebraska check out the Wig Wam Cafe for their Biscuits and Gravy ( only open for breakfast and lunch. Happy munchies :D:D:D

Many moons ago after a night (almost every night ) of shot-gunning Beers we would hit the Fairview Cafe in Nebraska and get double orders of open roastbeef sandwiches with fries smothered in brown gravy. That was a real delight. Alk if you are ever in Wahoo Nebraska check out the Wig Wam Cafe for their Biscuits and Gravy ( only open for breakfast and lunch. Happy munchies :D:D:D

Wahoo eh? Where exactly is that located in Nebraska? The only time I go to Nebraska I'm headed towards Lincoln but I will be going to St. Edward in a few months for a wedding.

Wahoo eh? Where exactly is that located in Nebraska? The only time I go to Nebraska I'm headed towards Lincoln but I will be going to St. Edward in a few months for a wedding.

35 miles north of lincoln and 35 miles west of Omaha. County seat of Saunders county.

Smiz, my man, I don't live in the country. I live by Detroit, which last I checked, did qualify as a big northern city. I've heard of Chicken Fried Steak. Hell, they serve Biscuits and Gravy here at Cracker Barrell, Bob Evans, or any number of places.

I said heard of it,hell ive even seen it on the menu,but ive never eatin it.

WHat is it? Chicken,steak?

I said heard of it,hell ive even seen it on the menu,but ive never eatin it.

WHat is it? Chicken,steak?

It's steak. Not like a t-bone steak. It's usually a piece of bottom round pummeled with a meat tenderizer then fried up just like a piece of fried chicken.

First off,to say pizza doesn't compare to anything is just blasphemy.

You boys need to get off the farm more.

Coming from a guy who hasn't even tried biscuits and gravy or chicken fried steak? Get off your high horse. :lol:

When in Lincoln check out Valentino's. Almost as good as Umberto's back in New York.

I'm not positive but for some reason I'm thinking they had Valentino's pizza in the stadium. Ever try a Runza while you were in that area?

I'm not positive but for some reason I'm thinking they had Valentino's pizza in the stadium. Ever try a Runza while you were in that area?

Don't know of them. I was out there from 68-72. Valentino's was the best back then also used to frequent The Old Time Pizza Parlor. Pizza, Beer and Three Stooges Flicks on the big screen.

Don't know of them. I was out there from 68-72. Valentino's was the best back then also used to frequent The Old Time Pizza Parlor. Pizza, Beer and Three Stooges Flicks on the big screen.

Yeah, I just looked it up. It is Valentino's pizza that they have at the games. That is some of the best pizza I've had besides my own of course. :D Runza is just a chain restaurant. I think it's based more in the midwest though. It's basically a glorified bierock. It's just a little spicier. They are a tradition at Nebraska gamedays. I remember going to games with my grandparents as a kid in the freezing cold. They would buy a bunch of Runzas and stick one in each of my hands to warm them up. Talk about decisions to be made. Warm hands or a full stomach. :lol:

comment was directed towards manly max ...not u big guy .......im a big fan of biscuits n gravy ...i was tryin to make a point, not take a shot at u

Why are you taking a shot at me? Do I know you?

comment was directed towards manly max ...not u big guy .......im a big fan of biscuits n gravy ...i was tryin to make a point, not take a shot at u

It's all good. I'm just joking around.

Archived