Rich Cimini Chat Transcript, 8/11!!

TomShane

Good job men...Is it me, or was this chat more "uneven" than the last one?

It seemed to be a pretty chop at times, which lacked the flow of the first one....I didn't help, accidently hitting send too early on 2 questions (he got truncated questions) :oops:

Anyway, excellent work :lol:

Rich is a stand up guy. Honest answers, he tells it like it is. I have read comments about Rich not being a Jet fan and I just don't get it.

The guy sitting next to me on game day, I want him to be a Jet fan. The guy who is getting paid to bring me objective news, I don't want him wearing pom poms.

I love his answer on Bollinger. So true, if it gets to # 3 the Jets are screwed regardless.

I walk away from this chat much more scared about DT though. This answer scares me.

NT is going to be a problem. Pouha hasn't shown anything, Legree is out of position and Reed is too small. McGill wont be around much longer. D Rob's knee is a concern; he'll play through it, but it's going to affect him.

It seemed to be a pretty chop at times, which lacked the flow of the first one....I didn't help, accidently hitting send too early on 2 questions (he got truncated questions) :oops:

It was you, now scram! Just kidding.

No I hear you we are working on some technical solutions that should make the next chat much smoother.

But we learn from everything we do here and we will always get better.

Definitely, Rigs. I think we (meaning, me) choked the flow out of it by trying to queue too many people at the same time to get everybody in, while at the same time trying not to flood Rich with questions. We're still working the bugs out of the format, I suppose. We'll hopefully improve the plan before the Schwartz chat coming up. Hope you can make it!

Good Job Gents, (and Ladies)

Cimini seems to tell the real story without a whole lot of opinionated fluff. Very cool to get him to give JN the time and get some 1st hand knowledge from somebody in the loop. Good Q's too.

Good Job Gents, (and Ladies)

Cimini seems to tell the real story without a whole lot of opinionated fluff. Very cool to get him to give JN the time and get some 1st hand knowledge from somebody in the loop. Good Q's too.

He really did cut right to the chase which is cool. I like that he went out on a limb on a few things and gave his opinion (McGill, Carter, McGraw).

The defensive line comments by Cimini has to jump out at you- basically he is coming out and saying we have major issue there

Great job by everyone in the planning and participation on the chat with Cimini.

Great job, guys! :wink:

Sorry I missed out- I got sucked in watching VH1 100 greatest hard rock artists of all time. :lol:

The DT "situation" is a real downer. Guys, this is why I have a problem with Herman Edwards, and this is what I mean when I rant about the window of oppertunity. Herm is too indecisive; he waits way past the shelf life expiration date on everything before pulling the trigger-

Last year, the defense was as good as it was ever gonna be (its NEVER going to be perfect); everything was in place for a super bowl run-

New and improved DC

Great linebacker (Vilma) and good supporting cast

Robertson and Ferg

Ellis and Abraham

The problem of course, was Hackett. Herm was all about saving face after the 2003 6-10 season, and it just wouldn't look good firing both the DC and the OC at the same time.

There was no way we were winning anything with Hackett (unless rushing titles and 6th round seeds are important to you).

Damn it. And now it looks like we're back at square one with the DT's. Think MNF 49'ers 233 yards Garrison Hearst.

I friggin knew this sht was gonna happen.

I think it's great we got Ty Law, but-

Is anybody gonna even throw the ball against the Jets? Think Rick Mirer handing it off 44 times in a row.

If we end up with injuries, then you are right. One thing that Law could bring is an ability to put a safety in the box. The ascension of Miller over Barrett could add to that ability. I don't see that happening this year, but it is possible at some point.

We'll see what KJ does to us tonight with his 3 carries...

:mrgreen:

nice chat. very interesting stuff. thanks for putting it together guys. i hope to make the next one. Will this be a regular thing?

I have always thought that Bollinger didnt have it in him.. Does this mean that Eakin is PS. As i have said for awhile, we shouldnt have let Ray go. I do hope we never get to that situation of the #3... but i am a wee bit more nervous then i was now having read Rich's comments.

I think Gessner is out of practice squad time....Don't know the exact rules, but 2 seasons on practice squads is the most a player can get--Gessner was on the Jets P.S in 2004 and spent time on the Patriots P.S the season before.

If he is cut, he'll be in "no-mans land": Not on a roster and not a practice squad.

I think Gessner is out of practice squad time....Don't know the exact rules, but 2 seasons on practice squads is the most a player can get--Gessner was on the Jets P.S in 2004 and spent time on the Patriots P.S the season before.

If he is cut, he'll be in "no-mans land": Not on a roster and not a practice squad.

R44

If I remember correct Gessner played in NFL Europe-I think I saw you posting that

Cimini stated that the Jets intend to use Law on more man to man coverage. I'll beleive that when I see it. IMHO, it would be a mistake for the Jets to do so.

Of course. Now that Ty's a Jet, we will hear all about what the HOFer cannot do.

He played zone in NE because Belly LOVES ZONE. He does better than any coach in history. Sometimes even when he uses man he disguises it as a zone and vice versa. Law can do anything. The Jets will mix coverages and play what best suits them in a given match up.

DH knows his stuff. This issue worries me not.

The only relevant issue with Law is his health.

Incorrect, Meddle. I've gone on record saying that Law is a terrific pick-up by the Jets. Still, I watched this guy play for the Pats for his entire career. He's not the man-on-man coverage guy you all think he is. He's good.....but not a complete shut-down corner in that set-up. Trust me on this one.

Incorrect, Meddle. I've gone on record saying that Law is a terrific pick-up by the Jets. Still, I watched this guy play for the Pats for his entire career. He's not the man-on-man coverage guy you all think he is. He's good.....but not a complete shut-down corner in that set-up. Trust me on this one.

Garb how can you know anything about football? You're a girl. :lol::lol:

I think it's great we got Ty Law, but-

Is anybody gonna even throw the ball against the Jets? Think Rick Mirer handing it off 44 times in a row.

Drob is still here, he was the key ro the run defense. He was always getting doubleteamed, freeing up Fergy 1-on-1.

Drob prob wont play today, so it could be a problem. But I think it will actually be more fun to watch and see how 2 new starters will do at DT tonight.

R44

If I remember correct Gessner played in NFL Europe-I think I saw you posting that

Faba, he did--in the spring of 2004 (Berlin). He was one of the better players in that league, similar to the way Brian Finneran was back in 1999....Finneran was more dominate in NFL Europe (best NFLe WR I've seen)-hence it was no suprise he became an NFL starter for a while.

Gessner's a former Ivy-League Lacross player with a ton of football talent, who just always falls short, because he was never drafted and can't catch a break. He's always goes into the pre-season at the bottom rung of the depth chart, which means even if practice real well, you may not make it.

I have no doubt he can play in the NFL in some role, but where will his chance come?

If he's out of practice squad options, he's in no-mans land....How do keep active or catch a coaches eye, when you're not playing or practicing?

Cimini does it again. Proves he's the biggest a$$hole of all the Jets beats reporters. Does he EVER answer anything positively?

Here's PRAYING The Jets move their operation to NJ so he moves onto something else.

Archived