**** Official Hockey East 2008-09 Season Thread ****

Lil Bit Special

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Expectations are through the roof for Lowell next season. That means they will finish 1 point ahead of Merrimack and get swept in the 1st round of the HE playoffs.

UMass Lowell was one of the pleasant surprises of the second half last season. They went 12-5-2 after Jan. 16 and return their top seven scorers and both members of a solid goaltending tandem. The key for the RiverHawks is experience

UMass Lowell might actually go undefeated.

I'm guarenteeing a Hockey East Championship in the least for Lowell. Regular season & Postseason.

GUARENTEED!

I'm just hoping for home ice in the HE playoffs.

Only $299 per season ticket. Get yours before they are gone!

UMass Lowell Hockey Highlights

* Advanced to Hockey East Championship for the first time since 1994

* Finished the season with 20 wins for the first time since to 2004-2005 season

* Finished the final 13 games of the regular season with an 8-3-2 record

* Finished with the best penalty kill in Hockey East and 10th best in the nation

* Entire team is returning minus the three graduating seniors

UMass Lowell Attendance Highlights

* Averaged over 4,300 fans a game - 65,000+ people for 15 games

* 16th highest attendance in the country

* Highest average attendance in school history

Club Seat Package (Sections A, M, Q, R, S, T)

Club Seat Package - $299

The Talon Club Room package is our most popular season ticket package! You are guaranteed a seat at all River Hawk home hockey games....PLUS these amazing benefits:

* Advance notice of all other events at the Tsongas Arena, including concerts, shows and JINGLE BALL!

* VIP Parking Pass (for every two seats purchased)

* Access to the Talon Club Room to enjoy a cash bar and food buffet

* Invitation to Meet the Team Preseason BBQ

* Invitation to Annual River Hawk Holiday Skate

* Priority to purchase Hockey East playoff tickets

* Priority to purchase tickets for regular-season road games

Receive 10% off next year's ticket package by placing a $25 deposit per seat by June 15, 2009. We will then allow you to pay the balance in monthly installments through September 1st. (NOTE: Only valid if tickets are purchased with the "2009-2010 Club Seat Order Form" using the link below)

For more information, please contact Scott Donnelly at 978-934-4988 or scott_donnelly@uml.edu.

Order tickets online now here!

http://www.goriverhawks.com/tickets/club_seats.html

You had every reason to be.

The Lowell Tech alums behind us were not impressed by my asshat behaviour.

Not sure if I told you but I saw them outside the Harp the next day and all they said was, "Here comes trouble!"

:character0183:

:rl:

You have to watch this. I thought I was bitter but whoever put this video together was 100 times more pissed than I was.

BTW: No mention of Yip's 19 cross checks in the crease!

PNhUsc-iEgA

You have to watch this. I thought I was bitter but whoever put this video together was 100 times more pissed than I was.

BTW: No mention of Yip's 19 cross checks in the crease!

PNhUsc-iEgA

Let it go.

where did they find the money to spend on that fancy video?

I have an issue with it... you dont have a scoreboard that have video capabilities...

other than that.. pretty cool.

I have no idea where the money came from for the video. The scoreboard thing cracked me up as well.

Maybe when the University takes over ownership of Tsongas they will upgrade the scoreboard.

The Purple Eagles are stealing Lowell's Assistant Coach. Bastards :P

LOWELL, Mass. - Longtime UMass Lowell assistant coach Chris MacKenzie was named the head coach of the Niagara University women's hockey program on Wednesday.

MacKenzie, who is a 2000 graduate of Niagara University, spent the last eight years as an assistant coach at UMass Lowell under head coach Blaise MacDonald.

MacKenzie, a Niagara Falls, Ont. native, was a founding member of the Purple Eagles program, and was the team's captain in each of his four years from 1996-2000.

"I am very excited for the opportunity, not only to become a head coach, but also to come back to my alma mater," MacKenzie said. "I grew up in the area, and to be able to come home and serve Niagara University is a tremendous honor.

"My wife Allison and I are really looking forward to moving to Western New York and starting our family there. I'm ready for this challenge. I'm really looking forward to it."

As an assistant at UMass Lowell, MacKenzie assisted on all facets for the program from practice and games, to scouting and recruiting for the River Hawks. He also coordinated the team's community service projects, and was the River Hawks academic coordinator.

The River Hawks have had 11 or more members on the Hockey East All-Academic team in each of the last four years, including a league-record 17 in 2004-05.

MacKenzie holds seven Niagara records as a player. He is the program's all-time leader for goals (20), assists (77) and points (97) by a defenseman.

Following graduation in 2000, MacKenzie played professionally for JYP Jyvaskyla in the Finnish Elite League. He obtained his Masters in Social Psychology from UMass Lowell in 2003.

MacKenzie is the second head coach in Niagara women's hockey history.

"It's a great opportunity for Chris to go back to his college hockey roots," said MacDonald. "He's worked hard for this wonderful opportunity. We're very grateful for the significant contributions he's made to advance the UMass Lowell hockey program during his eight years with us."

The River Hawks finished 20-16-2 overall record in 2008-09. UML finished fifth in Hockey East with a 14-11-2 league mark and advanced to the Hockey East championship game for the second time in program history in 2009.

During MacKenzie's tenure as an assistant at UMass Lowell the River Hawks won 20 games three times, reached the Hockey East playoffs seven times.

"My time in Lowell has gone by very quickly," said MacKenzie. "I've grown as a person and met my wife in Lowell. Words can't describe the experience I had here. I appreciate the opportunity to not only play for, but coach with Blaise MacDonald. He's had an immeasurable impact on my life. I'll forever be grateful.

"We've always asked our players to leave Lowell a better place when they leave," MacKenzie added. "I feel I've been able to contribute in a way that I'm leaving Lowell now in a great place. I'm very satisfied with that."

http://www.goriverhawks.com/sports/m-hockey/spec-rel/052109aaa.html

I had no idea how much impact he had on the UML program but it seems he always wanted to go back to Western New York. Why? I have no clue. Lowell looks like New York City compared to Buffalo!

Archived