Sign in to follow this  
Jetman_67

The Real reason the Jets traded for Favre

Since the Jets aquired Brett, I am receiving more emails than ever from the Jets. The latest was today. "Brett Favre had a Historic day throwing for 6 TD's in a win over the Cardinals. Check out the Men's, Women's, Children's and Collectible Favre Gear at JetsShop.com! "

They didnt bring him here to be a contender, they got him to sell more merchandise!!!!! WTF?????

While I am on my Soapbox, there is another issue I have with this!!!! The Jets only sell stuff online or in a Effin tent.

The Seahawks sell a ton more than the Jets do, because they have a Team Pro Shop at the stadium and the new state of the art training facility in Renton.

If the Jets want to sell more stuff, they need to have a team store at the stadium and at least 1 NYC location and NJ location.

The #1 goal of any NFL franchise is to make money.

The more you win, the more marketable your product is.

We brought Favre here to win, in other words, to make money.

Can anyone on this planet deny that Favre is heaps and bounds better than Kellen or Chad right now? No. Then why even argue that the Jets weren't making the team better by acquiring a top 5 QB?

People just want drama.

The #1 goal of any NFL franchise is to make money.

The more you win, the more marketable your product is.

We brought Favre here to win, in other words, to make money.

Can anyone on this planet deny that Favre is heaps and bounds better than Kellen or Chad right now? No. Then why even argue that the Jets weren't making the team better by acquiring a top 5 QB?

People just want drama.

Thats all well and good, BUT I used to like getting real newsletters from the team. Good or bad, I like in depth news and interviews. It just seems like 90% of what they send out is nothing more than a sales pitch.

Like I said before, if they want to sell more stuff, then Open up a nice pro shop. I have had too many issues with the teams outsourced team shop online. When I buy online I usually shop other vendors.

Maybe I didnt phrase it correctly, I want real newsletters, not just sales pitches from the team

Edited by The Legendary Jetman67

that is the stupidest thing i've ever heard. mangini had woody spend over 100 million in the offseason to win but they traded for favre so they can sell some merchandise.

you can't be serious with a post like that

You must not have read many Jetman posts. He is very serious. Very. That's the sad part.

• Upvote 1

You must not have read many Jetman posts. He is very serious. Very. That's the sad part.

Say what you want, but the fact is the Jets have one of the NFL's worst merchandise departments. Trust me with this, I am accurate with this.

actually i've had my hands full with Ecurb and his trusted assistant IGOR(serphnx)

As much as I'm not a Jets fan this post is ridiculous. When the new Stadium opens in 2010 the Jets will have a shiny, new Pro Shop in the Stadium.

I wonder how big the Seahwaks Pro Shop was when they played at the KingDome and the Huskies Stadium? Do you even know how silly you sound?

The Seahawks are probably in the bottom 3rd of NFL merchandise sales.

POTWNOM :Nuts:

As much as I'm not a Jets fan this post is ridiculous. When the new Stadium opens in 2010 the Jets will have a shiny, new Pro Shop in the Stadium.

I wonder how big the Seahwaks Pro Shop was when they played at the KingDome and the Huskies Stadium? Do you even know how silly you sound?

The Seahawks are probably in the bottom 3rd of NFL merchandise sales.

You would be surprised to find out where the Seahawks rank in merchandise sales. They are among the top in merchandise sales in the league.

The 12th man is the most successful sales campaign in the nfl

You are real proud of those Hawks

Just come out of the closet and admit you have become a biger Hawks fan

Here is a list of the Top 25 jerseys sold from April to August of this year. I don't see any Seahawks on this list and the only jersey from the NFC West is from a 49er.

1. Brett Favre, New York Jets

2. Tony Romo, Dallas Cowboys

3. Eli Manning, New York Giants

4. Tom Brady, New England Patriots

5. Peyton Manning, Indianapolis Colts

6. Adrian Peterson, Minnesota Vikings

7. Marion Barber, Dallas Cowboys

8. LaDainian Tomlinson, S.D. Chargers

9. Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers

10. Darren McFadden, Oakland Raiders

11. Brian Urlacher, Chicago Bears

12. Devin Hester, Chicago Bears

13. Terrell Owens, Dallas Cowboys

14. Jason Witten, Dallas Cowboys

15. Brian Westbrook, Philadelphia Eagles

16. Troy Polamalu, Pittsburgh Steelers

17. Randy Moss, New England Patriots

18. Osi Umenyiora, New York Giants

19. Chris Cooley, Washington Redskins

20. Reggie Bush, New Orleans Saints

21. Patrick Willis, San Francisco 49ers

22. Michael Strahan, New York Giants

23. Jay Cutler, Denver Broncos

24. DeMarcus Ware, Dallas Cowboys

25. Jason Taylor, Washington Redskins

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2008/09/cooley_into_top_25_of_jersey_s.html

Ouch

Dude, I know your GF works for the Seahawks. but what is your infatuation with them? I don't get it.

He has made the switch

Tattoo or no tattoo. If he acts like a Hawks, fan, he must be a Hawks fan

Good for him

• Upvote 1

He has made the switch

Tattoo or no tattoo. If he acts like a Hawks, fan, he must be a Hawks fan

Good for him

The poor guy has been brainwashed by a Seahawks fan :confused0085:

pwned

The funniest thing about that list, apart from the lack of Seahawk players, is Strahan is on the list. He retired in February for goodness sakes.

Jetman: The only time I have seen a Seahawks jersey on the East Coast was when I bought by brother a Tatupu jersey 3 years ago.

The funniest thing about that list, apart from the lack of Seahawk players, is Strahan is on the list. He retired in February for goodness sakes.

Jetman: The only time I have seen a Seahawks jersey on the East Coast was when I bought by brother a Tatupu jersey 3 years ago.

i live on west coast and I have never seen anybody wear those ugly uni's

i live on west coast and I have never seen anybody wear those ugly uni's

Jetman is calling you and me liars. The Seahawks sell tons of merchandise & they have the 12th man!

Jetman is calling you and me liars. The Seahawks sell tons of merchandise & they have the 12th man!

the 12th man is a flag with the number 12 on it. thats it!

the 12th man is a flag with the number 12 on it. thats it!

Its not just a flag.....Actually it is just a flag. But those Seahawk fans are darn loud!

Its not just a flag.....Actually it is just a flag. But those Seahawk fans are darn loud!

Its more than a flag. Its a very successful marketing scam that the fans buy into. You cant just go be jersey sales. The merchandising end ofthe business goes way beyond jerseys.

that maybe but there are louder stadiums

Since Jetman has disappeared I found this gem http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview08/columns/story?id=3549100 on espn.com.

Those crazy, diehard, merchandise buying Seattle fans have sold out 44 games in a row. I'm no mathematician but doesn't 44 games only represent 5 and half years?

As much as everyone makes fun of us Pats fans at least we have sold out the Stadium since 1993.

WOW!!!

I believe the sellout streak but 200,000 on the waiting list? I don't think so.

Back to the topic at hand. Is jetman being serious about Seahawk merchandise sales? Without any data to back up my argument I would say the Bucs, Dolphins, Bills and Lions sell more merchandise than the Seahawks.

I believe the sellout streak but 200,000 on the waiting list? I don't think so.

Back to the topic at hand. Is jetman being serious about Seahawk merchandise sales? Without any data to back up my argument I would say the Bucs, Dolphins, Bills and Lions sell more merchandise than the Seahawks.

i live in northern california and i have never seen any one wear a seahawks jersey.

although i do see a lot of yankee hats, infact my college baseball coach was a huge derek jeter fan even though he was not a yankee fan