The Real reason the Jets traded for Favre

Jetman_67

i live in northern california and i have never seen any one wear a seahawks jersey.

although i do see a lot of yankee hats, infact my college baseball coach was a huge derek jeter fan even though he was not a yankee fan

Jetman says the Seahawks have an awesome Pro Shop and their merchandise is a big seller all over the Country. Why don't you believe him ;)

Jerseys are not the biggest profit make for a team. When we buy jerseys at Modells or Sports Authority etc the team makes almost nothing on that jersey. Teams merchandising profits are made from team owned shops at stadiums or malls etc.

A pro shop sells a wide variety of items with the teams colors and logo. The teams direct sales of merchandise is where the team profits.

The only reason we are all over you in this thread is because you stated that the Seahawks sell a bunch of merchandise. They don't.

I pointed out earlier that the Jets will have a great Pro Shop when the new Stadium opens in 2010. I also pointed out that the Seahawks have only started selling out since Qwest opened.

The Seahawks are among the top teams in the NFL in direct merchandise sales. I assure you that my statement is very accurate.

The 12th man marketing campaign is the leagues most successful marketing campaign.

The Jet's need to sell PSL's to the same stadium as a team that just won an NFL Championship whereas the Jets haven't done **** in a long, long time. I'd like to think it's not the only reason they made all the moves they did this offseason, but it was a major reason. That being said I was very outspoken against bringing Favre here because I didn't think he made us anymore likly to win a championship, at the expense of a high draft pick for probably a year of service, but if they actually start calling games like they did this last week and let him throw at least it makes the games more fun to watch. Watching the offense last season was unbearable, kind of like watching the defense this year play with a lead or without Jenkins.

as the biggest chad fan there is, to say favre doesn't make us more likely to win than chad is crazy! six, six.and i'll take favre over any high round draft pick, we get ours in the fourth anyway.lol

lol

he was brought in because woody spent a lot of money on the team, and they looked around in august and realized penny and clemens just weren't cuttin it

That's it.

Not to mention the fact that in order to sell those PSL's he better have a good team

That's it.

Not to mention the fact that in order to sell those PSL's he better have a good team

that was icing on the cake, what probably really happened is they were all star struck like 14 year old kids when they realized he really was available

brett favre ?

Brett Favre ?

BRETT FAVRE ?

BRETT ****ING FAVRE ?

GO GET HIM TANNY ! DON'T GET OUT BID !!!!! :)

The #1 goal of any NFL franchise is to make money.

The more you win, the more marketable your product is.

We brought Favre here to win, in other words, to make money.

Can anyone on this planet deny that Favre is heaps and bounds better than Kellen or Chad right now? No. Then why even argue that the Jets weren't making the team better by acquiring a top 5 QB?

People just want drama.

if you ripped bretts arm off he'd still be better than chadmallow fluff.

Archived