Lloyd Carr in Orange???

gangreenman

Everyone knows Syracuse head coach Greg Robinson is "dead coach walking." So naturally, coaching speculation would start early. The imminent dismissal of Robinson has picked up more steam with a bye week coming up after the Pitt-Syracuse game tomorrow.

Reports are now circulating on the internet and on local sports radio that ex-Michigan head coach Lloyd Carr has been seen at Syracuse today. He was also in Syracuse last weekend. Carr has no ties to the present Orange coaching staff, so there is little reason for him to be up there

Interesting...

Not a great coach by any means, and could never win that big game. However, he does have a rather big name, and just getting to a big game would be a huge accomplishment for cuse at this point.

Interesting...

Not a great coach by any means, and could never win that big game. However, he does have a rather big name, and just getting to a big game would be a huge accomplishment for cuse at this point.

Syracuse is a middle of road football program now..

wont get any national power coach,,

only hope is up and comer from lower divison or div 1 small school..

or a washout like robinson was...

best bet..a def coord or off corrd form a highly successful program where the Head coach of team they are on has credentials on opposite side of ball..i.e. thecoord. is calling shots...

Syracuse is a middle of road football program now..

wont get any national power coach,,

only hope is up and comer from lower divison or div 1 small school..

or a washout like robinson was...

best bet..a def coord or off corrd form a highly successful program where the Head coach of team they are on has credentials on opposite side of ball..i.e. thecoord. is calling shots...

middle of the road?

Sorry, a 2 win per year team the past 4 years is not a middle of the road team, its a god awful team. We wont get any coach like Tressel, Carroll, etc. etc., but Lloyd Carr certainly is an entertaining option. Lets not forget that Cuse was not always the laughing stock it is now, and a coach like Carr, who has been written off as a bad coach that cant win a big game, can completely reverse his reputation if he can come to Syracuse and bring back the glory days we once enjoyed with the likes of Jim Brown, Ernie Davis, Larry Csonka, and Art Monk.

What we need more then anything though, if we do decide to go the up and coming, asst. coach, route, is someone that at the very least has recruiting ties on the East Coast, or has a big enough name (like Lloyd Carr), to attract some locals to the program. Hell, at this point, Carr has a much better recruiting base in the NE than G-ROB... Mike Hart grew up literally a stones throw away from the Dome, and Carr swooped in and stole him away to Michigan.

middle of the road?

Sorry, a 2 win per year team the past 4 years is not a middle of the road team, its a god awful team. We wont get any coach like Tressel, Carroll, etc. etc., but Lloyd Carr certainly is an entertaining option. Lets not forget that Cuse was not always the laughing stock it is now, and a coach like Carr, who has been written off as a bad coach that cant win a big game, can completely reverse his reputation if he can come to Syracuse and bring back the glory days we once enjoyed with the likes of Jim Brown, Ernie Davis, Larry Csonka, and Art Monk.

What we need more then anything though, if we do decide to go the up and coming, asst. coach, route, is someone that at the very least has recruiting ties on the East Coast, or has a big enough name (like Lloyd Carr), to attract some locals to the program. Hell, at this point, Carr has a much better recruiting base in the NE than G-ROB... Mike Hart grew up literally a stones throw away from the Dome, and Carr swooped in and stole him away to Michigan.

nah,,u r middle of the road in football terms..

its not just wins/losses,,your losses are bad, but its asolid school, decent academics, support system etc..

the right coach could get you back...

nah,,u r middle of the road in football terms..

its not just wins/losses,,your losses are bad, but its asolid school, decent academics, support system etc..

the right coach could get you back...

Im talking about the Football team here...Which is god awful.

Greg Robinson in 4 years here is 8-32, with just 1 win in the BE, and just 3 vs BCS opponents.

For a school with Syracuse's tradition, that is plain and simple god awful.

At this point, I'll take the glory days of Walter Reyes.

:rl::rl:

Hey, on a positive note... I was at the Pitt game this weekend, and Gross was standing on the sideline. After Pitt tied the game in the 4th quarter, my friends and I all started booing uncontrollably. Gross looked up at us and said "don't worry, change is coming" and walked away.

I just hope change is not in the form of Lane Kiffin.

:rl::rl:

Hey, on a positive note... I was at the Pitt game this weekend, and Gross was standing on the sideline. After Pitt tied the game in the 4th quarter, my friends and I all started booing uncontrollably. Gross looked up at us and said "don't worry, change is coming" and walked away.

I just hope change is not in the form of Lane Kiffin.

Is Gross firing himself by any chance?

I think that would help.

Im talking about the Football team here...Which is god awful.

Greg Robinson in 4 years here is 8-32, with just 1 win in the BE, and just 3 vs BCS opponents.

For a school with Syracuse's tradition, that is plain and simple god awful.

yes, but u r not looked at as awful as a potential football HC job due to program, fanbase, history, stadium etc..

you can get a good coach as opposed to a college with similiar record but nmone of intangibles i mentioned..

Is Gross firing himself by any chance?

I think that would help.

You know, when you think about it, Gross has done a lot of good here since his hire. Since his hiring, SU has brought in a top LAX coach, a few highly ranked track and field coaches, and arguably the best women's field hockey coach in the nation. Also, they have began working on a brand new, state of the art, Carmelo Anthony basketball facility, and from what I hear, are close to getting approval to add some renovations to the Carrier Dome. As Gross said, football is the 800 lb gorilla, and it needs to be fixed. When Cantor came in and forced the fire of P..... (our ex coach), Gross was given a short amount of time, and found a coach who was a defensive asst. with the Broncos from '98-'99, and with USC after that. At the time, he was one of the top coaching prospects around.

I fully believe that given appropriate time, Gross can and will find a coach that can turn this thing around.

Now, if Gross can fire Cantor, that would be absolutely amazing.

I'd rather pay to see a bunch of criminals compete than a bunch of goodie-too-shoes get stomped on week after week after week. Thats just me.

Not me. College football should have SOMETHING to do with college.

I think I'm going up to the UConn game. I'll see my buddy with the season tix this weekend. I'm betting he can spare me one.

Interesting...

Late in his Mich career he couldn't win the OSU games but his teams dominated early in his Mich career and he did win a National Championship.

Not me. College football should have SOMETHING to do with college.

I think I'm going up to the UConn game. I'll see my buddy with the season tix this weekend. I'm betting he can spare me one.

u a UConn guy?????????

what u think of this weeks Tarheel /UConn game???

I will be there with JGBs little brother,, we are season tix holders..

Late in his Mich career he couldn't win the OSU games but his teams dominated early in his Mich career and he did win a National Championship.

I grew up in the era when SU was a powerhouse program. How the mighty have fallen. I think Carr would be a good choice since he's a "name" coach which will help with recruiting.

u a UConn guy?????????

what u think of this weeks Tarheel /UConn game???

I will be there with JGBs little brother,, we are season tix holders..

No, I'm a casual Syracuse guy. UConn is the last home game of the year for the orange.

Archived