Red Sox Nation celebrating

Thai Jet

The Boston Red Sox beat the Angels tonite 4-1 in the best of 5 series against the Angels. Papelbon closed for John Lester who was brilliant in his 7 innings of work. Jason Bay put the Sox up to stay with a 2 run homer. It's the Red Sox 10th straight post season victory over the Angels. The series resumes on Friday.

The Red Sox went up 2-0 in the best of 5 ALDS by beating the Angels 7-5 last nite. JD Drew crushed a 9th inning 2 run homer off a visibly dejected FRod . Jonathon Papelbon pitched the last 2 innings retiring all 6 batters he faced to get the victory. It was the Sox 11th straight post season victory over the Angels.

"It's frustrating," Lackey said. "It's way different, this year from last year. They were better than us last year. They were not better than us this year. It's 100, 180 degrees different." "We lost to a team that's not better than us," "We are a better team than they are. The last two days, we shouldn't have given up anything." "[sunday] night they scored three runs on a pop fly that was called a hit, which was a joke," "[Monday] night they scored on a broken-bat ground ball and a fly ball that anywhere else in America is an out, and he's fist-pumping on second base like he did something great." Asked to describe his feelings, Lackey said, "Like I want to throw somebody through a wall."

- John Lackey

"I'm [ticked], I'm upset, this one's going to be with me for a while," Hunter said. "It doesn't feel good, because we're a better team than they are. But they're moving on."

- Tori Hunter

Everyone knows I want the Sox to lose - hopefully game 7 of the world series against the Dodgers with a hit by Manny bottom of the 9th. Ahhh- the look on Lyin' Larry Lucchino's face would make phenomenal tv.....

....that said, these fallen Angels are schumcks and deserve to lose. Be gracious in victory and be gracious in loss. Leave the moronic statements to the fans. This shows me zero class and professionalism- and save me the post trauma nonsense - no player, no pro player, should ever say "we were the better team but we lost." No player, no pro Ball player, should ever say "they scored on a fly bal...whaaa!!!" Hey, azzhole, how 'bout taking some responsibility. The teams fielding SUCKED.

"It's frustrating," Lackey said. "It's way different, this year from last year. They were better than us last year. They were not better than us this year. It's 100, 180 degrees different." "We lost to a team that's not better than us," "We are a better team than they are. The last two days, we shouldn't have given up anything." "[sunday] night they scored three runs on a pop fly that was called a hit, which was a joke," "[Monday] night they scored on a broken-bat ground ball and a fly ball that anywhere else in America is an out, and he's fist-pumping on second base like he did something great." Asked to describe his feelings, Lackey said, "Like I want to throw somebody through a wall."

- John Lackey

"I'm [ticked], I'm upset, this one's going to be with me for a while," Hunter said. "It doesn't feel good, because we're a better team than they are. But they're moving on."

- Tori Hunter

Everyone knows I want the Sox to lose - hopefully game 7 of the world series against the Dodgers with a hit by Manny bottom of the 9th. Ahhh- the look on Lyin' Larry Lucchino's face would make phenomenal tv.....

....that said, these fallen Angels are schumcks and deserve to lose. Be gracious in victory and be gracious in loss. Leave the moronic statements to the fans. This shows me zero class and professionalism- and save me the post trauma nonsense - no player, no pro player, should ever say "we were the better team but we lost." No player, no pro Ball player, should ever say "they scored on a fly bal...whaaa!!!" Hey, azzhole, how 'bout taking some responsibility. The teams fielding SUCKED.

Nice post Miss T. The Angels lost the series when they blew the first 2 games at home. Good teams find a way to win, bottom line.

I wish the Yankees had a pitcher with that type of fire like Lackey

gained alot of respect for him in that statement

You are such a contrarian.....:)

I have tremendous respect for Derek Jeter and Mariano Rivera. Neither of them would ever make excuses like that. They take their lumps like men.

Archived