Bills extend Lee Evans...

SweetLee83

I'm not crowing. I just am thrilled with the direction the team and front office is going with things. Theres nothing wrong with being excited about the progress and success they've had so far.

You should. Barring injury the Bills have already clinched the AFC East. I don't think they're an "elite" team yet, but are by far the best team in the division. There's a strong possibility the Bills are the only team in the East to finish over .500.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You should. Barring injury the Bills have already clinched the AFC East. I don't think they're an "elite" team yet, but are by far the best team in the division. There's a strong possibility the Bills are the only team in the East to finish over .500.

THE BILLS? HAHAHA man they'll fall like always

:rl: :rl: :rl:

The Jets are 2-2 and the Bills have locked up the AFC East with wins against Oakland, St.Louis (the worst team in Football) and Seattle (with no receivers and in Buffalo)? Their only impressive win was at Jacksonville. Now yes the Jets havn't exactly beaten a great team either in Miami or Arizona, but Buffalo hasn't gotten out and proven anything yet. They've beaten mediocre and bad teams.

When the Bills face New England and the Jets then we'll be able to say what they will or won't be.

To say they've locked up the division because they lead the 2-2 Jets by 2 games and 2-1 Patriots by 1 game in the L colum is just foolish.

The Jets are 2-2 and the Bills have locked up the AFC East with wins against Oakland, St.Louis (the worst team in Football) and Seattle (with no receivers and in Buffalo)? Their only impressive win was at Jacksonville. Now yes the Jets havn't exactly beaten a great team either in Miami or Arizona, but Buffalo hasn't gotten out and proven anything yet. They've beaten mediocre and bad teams.

When the Bills face New England and the Jets then we'll be able to say what they will or won't be.

To say they've locked up the division because they lead the 2-2 Jets by 2 games and 2-1 Patriots by 1 game in the L colum is just foolish.

the bills have 6 division games left, thats alotta film studying for the 3 other teams

Ah, yes, the Jets are so oh so prestigious and completely decked out in and known for their continuous championship teams.

the Bills couldn't win the SB w/ thomas, reed and kelly

they wont win with Losman/edwards, lynch and ***** evans

now, Favre/Leon/Cotchery has a nice ring toit

I also found it funny that he said Evans isn't explosive. All Lee Evans does is catch long touchdown passes.

What he just said proves he knows not a single thing about Lee Evans. Congrats, man, you guys are definitely headed in the right direction.

Thank you for actually knowing what you're talking about, unlike alot of people on the internet.

Would just like to add that its the same with the Jets. We have no idea what they will be. Just because they lost to New England, minus Brady, in Brett Favre's second game, means nothing. The Jets and Bills will be question marks until November despite their records.

November 2nd and on will tell us a lot.

So they have to beat the Jets and Pats to prove themselves? All that will prove is that they can keep beating mediocre teams. I don't care who they beat, the fact is they are going to win more games than any other team in the AFC East and that usualy results in a division championship.

Would just like to add that its the same with the Jets. We have no idea what they will be. Just because they lost to New England, minus Brady, in Brett Favre's second game, means nothing. The Jets and Bills will be question marks until November despite their records.

November 2nd and on will tell us a lot.

we have Cotchery

aka Jerry Rice #2

well maybe not but he's still the man

I have nothing against you or the Jets, but come on.

I'll give you Favre over Edwards, obviously. Lynch is better than Leon Washington, and Evans and Cotchery are at worst, on the same level. I don't see how the Jets are so much better off, especially since they're only 2-2.

lol and i got nothin against the bills (cuz theres nothing to be jealous of)

but

cotchery > evans

lynch > jones and washington put together x 2

and the QB we both know

So they have to beat the Jets and Pats to prove themselves? All that will prove is that they can keep beating mediocre teams. I don't care who they beat, the fact is they are going to win more games than any other team in the AFC East and that usualy results in a division championship.

So let me get this straight, just because you (and not many others) believe that the Bills 4-0 start is going to lead them to win the AFC East means its a "fact" and its going to happen? Ha.

The Jets & Patriots are better than any team Buffalo has beaten us far. Jacksonville is extremely over-rated. If Bob Sanders played last Sunday they'd be 1-3.

The Buffalo Bills will NOT win the AFC East and the Jets are far from mediocre. You'll see that when they win the division with at least 11 wins.

what the hell aqua? you sit here and say how you cant see the jets getting more than 8 wins, but you declare the bills divison champs. listen the bills are a good team going in the right direction, for sure, but theyve played 4 teams with a combined record of 4-11 and 3 of those game they couldve easily lost without the 1 big play they always got. 4 games into a year with the pats 1 back, and the jets 2 back you cant say the bills win the east. if they had a 2 game lead with 4 games left i would agree with you, but we play the bills twice and so do the pats. jets 2 back which means if you break it down that the jets sweep them there tied and we have the tiebreaker.if the pats sweep them thast 4 losses to the bills record with , with a few other tough games. the bills have to go to arizona which can easily be a lost with the way arizona plays at home, and then they play a tough SD team. the bills can lose those 2, while the jets play the bengals and raiders, and just like that there tied when they play eachother a week or 2 after those games. I see the bills losing one of there 3 games before the jets to have a 6-1 record when the jets come in with an expected 5-2 record, which means if the jets win its a tie game just like that. you cant go around declaring division champs with a 2 game lead with 12 left, with 4 games against the teams behind them, and the fact that they havent beaten a contender yet. the jets offense has been more productive than buffalo, while playing tougher defenses, even though the jets have given up a lot of points I think the defenses are about the same, because of the 13 sacks by the jets and the tied for 3rd in turnovers. the jets and bills are on an equal scale right now with the bills a little better bcause of the record, but if you give the bills our first 4, and we take there first 4 the jets would be 4-0 and the bills would be 2-2 maybe 3-1 if they got lucky.

im sorry but to say the bills win the afceast barring injuries with 12 games left is stupid. the division winner will come down to the last 3 weeks notice the bills go to the jets in week 15, that game can give one team a huge boost with only 2 games left(by the way bills play the Jets, Pats, and Broncos in the last 3 weeks which are not favorable gmes) while the jets play the bills,seahawks and your fagphins which are favorable to the jets which is why this division will not be decided until the last 2 weeks, bank it.

rant over.

So let me get this straight, just because you (and not many others) believe that the Bills 4-0 start is going to lead them to win the AFC East means its a "fact" and its going to happen? Ha.

The Jets & Patriots are better than any team Buffalo has beaten us far. Jacksonville is extremely over-rated. If Bob Sanders played last Sunday they'd be 1-3.

The Buffalo Bills will NOT win the AFC East and the Jets are far from mediocre. You'll see that when they win the division with at least 11 wins.

When you say not many others, you're referring to a Jets message board. Take a poll or whatever you must from non-Jets or Bills fans and ask people who will win the AFC East. I guarantee you the results will swing in the Bills favor.

The Jets and Pats are not better than the Jaguars despites their injuries. And saying if Bob Sanders had played means what? If they had Jerry Porter and their two guards things would've been different as well. Besides, the Jags got robbed against the Bills by a bad call on a James Hardy TD catch; Jax should've won.

Keep thinking your Jets are winning 11 games. I figured that you losing to the Patriots would've tempered your dellusional thoughts but I guess not. You do know those hapless Dolphins that you consistently dog on went into Foxboro and rolled up a 38-13 victory right?

So how exactly are the Jets so great losing to that Patriots team that has beaten KC, the Jets and got ROLLED by the Phins?

Brett Favre's second game with the Jets isn't going to produce miracles. The team is still gelling and will be ready to make a serious run come late October / early November.

The Dolphins got lucky against the Patriots, I would hope even you could see that. They had a great one game gameplan for New England and it worked. You will never, ever see that kind of success with that college BS ever again in the NFL, at least for the near future. Teams will be looking for that from Miami.

The Dolphins got lucky, every bad team does, and the Jets are still gelling.

The Jets are much better than Miami, better than New England without Brady (and that will be shown November 13th) and are better than Buffalo (that will be shown November 2nd and December 14th).

The Jets are going to win this division and you will be eating massive amounts of crow when they do. That is if you show up to talk about it which I doubt.

And if you want to play this (could've been and what if stuff) the Jets could be 1-3 if Brett Favre didn't blindly throw the ball into the air and have it fall into the hands of Chansi Stuckey.

Brett Favre's second game with the Jets isn't going to produce miracles. The team is still gelling and will be ready to make a serious run come late October / early November.

The Dolphins got lucky against the Patriots, I would hope even you could see that. They had a great one game gameplan for New England and it worked. You will never, ever see that kind of success with that college BS ever again in the NFL, at least for the near future. Teams will be looking for that from Miami.

The Jets are much better than Miami, better than New England without Brady (and that will be shown November 13th) and are better than Buffalo (that will be shown November 2nd and December 14th).

The Jets are going to win this division and you will be eating massive amounts of crow when they do. That is if you show up to talk about it which I doubt.

They got lucky sacking Matt Cassel 6 times and running for 200 yards on their pathetic defense? Dang, I hope we get lucky every week.

And if you want to play this (could've been and what if stuff) the Jets could be 1-3 if Brett Favre didn't blindly throw the ball into the air and have it fall into the hands of Chansi Stuckey.

Well then I can counter right back with if Mike Nugent is healthy the Jets still score more points than Miami (we beat you by six remember) and the Dolphins don't have anywhere near the field position they had throughout the game.

This can go on as long as you want, you won't prove to anything but a biast hatred for the Jets.

The same Mike Nugent that missed the what was it? 35 yard field goal? If Nugent is healthy you don't get the lucky 4th and 13, you kick the field goal and the score on that final Dolphins drive is 17-17; it would've gone to over time.

But I don't want to play the "if" game, it was you that started that.

And all you will prove is blind homerism for your team. You're two games behind the Bills and you have somehow put the positive spin on that to declare your team is better off than Buffalo. Weird.

Really? Last I checked you used the "if" factor first by declaring Bills AFC East Champs (on October 2nd) IF they remain healthy (which is BS).

And also how do you know Dan Carpenter makes that Field Goal? Also, Nugent was hurt on the opening kickoff thus hurt on the FG. If he's healthy, does he hit it?

Again, this can go on and on. :rl:

The Jets do have a better team than the Bills its all about the gelling. The Jets are really starting to gel now and the gelling is going to be complete midway through the season just in time when the playoff races really begin and the remaining game with NE and the two games with Buffalo are scheduled.

Its going to be fun. Miami fans like you though will be watching from the basement as usual.

Really? Last I checked you used the "if" factor first by declaring Bills AFC East Champs (on October 2nd) IF they remain healthy (which is BS).

And also how do you know Dan Carpenter makes that Field Goal? Also, Nugent was hurt on the opening kickoff thus hurt on the FG. If he's healthy, does he hit it?

Again, this can go on and on. :rl:

The Jets do have a better team than the Bills its all about the gelling. The Jets are really starting to gel now and the gelling is going to be complete midway through the season just in time when the playoff races really begin and the remaining game with NE and the two games with Buffalo are scheduled.

Its going to be fun. Miami fans like you though will be watching from the basement as usual.

Damn, talk about semantics. I'm pretty sure the health bill fits everyone's hopes, it's a given. The Patriots were a lock to win the division until Brady went down, it's the nature of the game; every team has a player or two they can't afford to lose.

Again I disagree. The Jets defense has had plenty of time to "gel" but that didn't stop them from having 83 points rolled up on them in the last two games. The Bills defense is top 10.

Offensively, I'd take the Bills now but in a month it'll be closer. The Jets don't have much of a running game and I think the Bills will drain the clock with Marshawn Lynch against the Jets.

Cotchery will be a top 10 receiver next year, and a probowler this year. count on it. favorite jets player of all time has gotta be cotchery, hes gonna be a special #1 in a couple years.

Cotchery>>>>Evans.

Cotchery is a good player, but pro-bowl and top 10 is ridiculous.

Which player doesn't belong?

Randy Moss

Braylon Edwards (despite this down year)

Reggie Wayne

Andre Johnson

Brandon Marshal

Terrell Owens

Plaxico Burress

Roy Williams

Calvin Johnson

Steve Smith

Marques Colston

Larry Fitzgerald

Anquan Boldin

Torry Holt

Jericho Cotchery

?

And I was being favorable on leaving names off that list. Very favorable.

BTW Cotchery is not a Top 10 WR. Not even close.

But Calvin Johnson doesn't belong anywhere near that list. He's got great talent but hasn't done anything yet.

(In no order)

Steve Smith

Larry Fitzgerald

Anquan Bolden

Randy Moss

Terrell Owens

Andre Johnson

Plaxico Burress

Torry Holt

Chad Johnson

TJ Houshmanzadeh

Marques Colston

Braylon Edwards

Brandon Marshall

Laveranues Coles

Lee Evans

I'd say all of them are better than Jerricho Cotchery.

Why is Braylon better? I love the guy, he's my favorite WR in the league, but he's really had only one (albeit great) year, and this year thus far has been atrocious. Edwards drops a LOT of passes, by some counts he led the league last year, while others have him at #2.

Boldin is stylistically very similar to Cotchery. Housh has done nothing this year, either has Ocho Stinko. Burress had last year but most people don't consider him an elite even now.

I'd say Fitz, Moss, Smith, Brandon Marshall, TO, Greg Jennings are better. Everyone else has their own question marks. Cotch definitely is on par with Lee Evans, who did nothing all last year.

:rl: No doubt he'll be busy doing his power rankings. :P

Archived