Long term vision

bitonti

hey guys i admit it's not fun and it's not pretty but just answer me one simple question

would you rather one or even two of

Lamont

Kmac

Fergie

or all three of

Chad

Ellis

Abe

these were the big three FA and the JETS paid top dollar for all of em.

Yeah i wish they had a DT here and the JETS seem to wish that too - they got played with by Williams and Payne - probably are in the bunker re-evaluating

they had Payne in NY last night and he went back to HOU - it was a bargaining ploy - he was wasting the NY Jets time - and i don't know that you or I wouldn't have fallen for it too -

live and learn - my play would be to resign Tank Reed ASAP and batten down the hatches - he's not a bad player - they need someone else but the offseason is still young and the FA period is too new - overpay is what happens this week - they did it last year they probably won't do it this year - terry was honest about it at the press conference and sure enough it's how it came to pass - they still have the core players they need to win - they are young and hopefully Chad heals up fine.

But Ham especially this post is for you bro - i know you think this is a dispicable display of GMship - and in some respects i will grant wrong (i.e. no superunit DT) -

Pat Williams was a short term solution - Fergie got more money than williams cause he's 2 years younger and his tackle numbers are swollen even 4.5 sacks ain't bad -

The Payne situation sounds rough - i'd like to think that if i were Terry bradway i would be able to see Payne was wasting the franchise's time... but we were here talking about it last night if it's not Payne it's gotta be June 1 and the draft - stop-gap tackles are a nightmare - besides franchise QB it's toughest position to fill well -

i gotta be honest if the JETS get a couple young bucks with Reed, Evans i could live with that - if they stay healthy the DL is stacked regardless ...

Good points, Bit. The only thing I'd say is this: The Jets have two seasons to win the Super Bowl. Their horse, Curtis, is old. Donnie Henderson, if he repeats last season's performance this season, will get a Head Coach gig if not immediately, then the season after. Heimerdinger has already stated that he's here to earn a HC gig. In two years we'll be standing here with Derrick Blaylock and Herm Edwards trying to win a Super Bowl. IMO, it's good to plan for the future, but at the same time, the future for the Jets starts now.

Marcus Bell would be a great signing for the Jets. He was more than solid for the Lions this year. 6'2", 339 pounds, he turns 26 this year. In limited playing time, he had 20 solo tackles, seven assists and two sacks. He might not be starting material, at the moment, but he'd be great for a rotation.

SS i trust your eye - those numbers are Tank Reed-esque - this is what im saying the JETS run a DT rotation maybe between Drob, Reed and another guys they take the pure numerical snaps that a Fergie or a Pat Williams would take - Ill look into Bell but he's big with some production and that's a plus - nice get

In two years we'll be standing here with Derrick Blaylock and Herm Edwards trying to win a Super Bowl.

im sure they will find someone to perk up the O - Terry found Joe Horn in a grocery store parking lot

as for Donnie all the sappy bullcrap that herm haters hate about the man is the exact stuff that is going to keep Donnie longer than he normally would - hopefuly here until the JETS win the big one.

for all the clock management whatevers If it wasn't for Herm, Donnie Henderson would be coaching DBacks for the rest of his life - there aren't alot of DC jobs being handed out to positional coaches on other people's staffs... these guys will stick together

dinger is another Herm hire that could pay dividends for years

im sure they will find someone to perk up the O - Terry found Joe Horn in a grocery store parking lot

as for Donnie all the sappy bullcrap that herm haters hate about the man is the exact stuff that is going to keep Donnie longer than he normally would - hopefuly here until the JETS win the big one.

for all the clock management whatevers If it wasn't for Herm, Donnie Henderson would be coaching DBacks for the rest of his life - there aren't alot of DC jobs being handed out to positional coaches on other people's staffs... these guys will stick together

dinger is another Herm hire that could pay dividends for years

It's a double-edged sword, B. If Hendu and Dinger aren't on HC lists in two years, that means they sucked for the Jets and we won't win dick anyway. If they're successful, they're gone.

SS i trust your eye - those numbers are Tank Reed-esque - this is what im saying the JETS run a DT rotation maybe between Drob, Reed and another guys they take the pure numerical snaps that a Fergie or a Pat Williams would take - Ill look into Bell but he's big with some production and that's a plus - nice get

That's what the Lions ran, with Shaun Rogers, Dan Wilkenson, Kelvin Pritchett, and Marcus Bell. And they had one of the strongest defensive lines in the league. Not that it won them anything, but they got pressure with just their front four, who was always fresh. I'm with you on the DT rotation. I'd even start using a DE rotation too. If Abe is on the field less, there's less of a chance he gets hurt :lol:

hey guys i admit it's not fun and it's not pretty but just answer me one simple question

would you rather one or even two of

Lamont

Kmac

Fergie

or all three of

Chad

Ellis

Abe

Bit it is a real good point. But it is kind of like opening a XMAS present early.

Come XMAS morning you still want another present!

It's a double-edged sword, B. If Hendu and Dinger aren't on HC lists in two years, that means they sucked for the Jets and we won't win d!ck anyway. If they're successful, they're gone.

not necessarily - there are alot of great coordinators that are not necessarily HC material - i've not seen Heim in action but from hearsay he could be one of those guys

Donnie is HC material and yes he will be on lists but it's my contention that he will be loyal to Herm despite opportunity to buck and flee the NY JETS... at least for a couple years.

Archived