Why was Chad so hated?

MagicBizkit87

Really? Chad wasn't drafted in 2004? Damn, I thought he was. Who was that guy who qb'd the team starting week 5, I believe it was in 2002?

But I probably wouldn't know, since Barton is obviously a douche bag.

It's dooshie. Get it right next time.

Good job. OBTW, how about the weapons he had from 2002-2004?

Giving "weapons" to Chad Pennington is like giving Ray Charles a ferrari, as a wise man once said.

It's obvious Ray Charles can't drive. He's dead.

Chad Pennington can win a game where he only needs 17 points.

Most times, that's not going to be good enough.

Sometimes, it is. While Miami may be 2-2, in 4 games, the man has 3 TDs.

Let's compare that to the New York Jets QB, who has 12.

Bottom line, we want to be a great team, and great teams need* QBs that can win games for them. You can win with Chad Pennington, but you're never going to win because of him.

*Spare me the once in a blue moon Doug Johnson/Trent Dilfers because there are 10 great QBs who win it all for every one of those guys.

Horrible in college?? OK, I'm done with you because clearly you have no clue what you are talking about.

Thank you Booze. We really don't need anymore Chad is great threads. This kid truly is clueless.

So far to me, it looks as if he has done all the right things so far with Miami. I think people calling him a bad quarterback was all on the New York Media. He's obviously not a bad quarterback.

Sure, he doesn't have the cannon that Brett Favre has, I just don't think we should have released him, because all the sudden the Dolphins are now relevant football team.

I still have reasons to think were the worst team in the AFC East, and I wont change my approach until the Jets prove me otherwise.

He was and still is a CRAPPY QB. He has no explosiveness to his game whatsoever. He pads his stats with dumpoff after dumpoff and winds up looking like he played well because of his stats but in reality was pretty ineffective. Today was a perfect example. He did NOTHING really as QB, and the Miami offense ran college formation after colllege formation WHEN IT REALLY MATTERED. He did make no mistakes which is "classic Chad" and that allowed the college gimic plays and the stout Miami defense to get the victory. But Chad had very very little to do with it, and honestly, the college gadget plays actually show that even the Dolphins have no confidence in him in redzone or critical 4rd down situations.

I've only read one page of replies and i'm already cracking up!! He had no weapons now!!!???

HE WAS HATED!! and for good reason, he couldn't throw(see Favre to Coles TD # 2). Bottomline we have Favre who is much, much better but we handed Miami a very good QB,

NEVER was it brought up that he had no weapons hahaha

he had coles, martin, cotch, and Moss, the reason he was HATED and he was HATED was his "NOODLE ARM"

Again we have Favre, awesome, but we upgraded Miami QB situation 1,000 percent, because Chad throwing lefty is better than Beck, Lemon, Mccown and all the other tomatos they had on that team!

and exactly what NEW WEAPONS has Favre thrown 12 td's to?

hysterical

The people and media did not decide to have an open competition between Chad and Clemens for the last three years. Mangini did.

Most Jet fans did not "hate" Chad. They just knew his physical limitations and fragility.

I agree with everything, but there were only open competitions in two years. Chad had the job going into camp in 2007. He played his way out of it.

So far to me, it looks as if he has done all the right things so far with Miami. I think people calling him a bad quarterback was all on the New York Media. He's obviously not a bad quarterback.

Sure, he doesn't have the cannon that Brett Favre has, I just don't think we should have released him, because all the sudden the Dolphins are now relevant football team.

I still have reasons to think were the worst team in the AFC East, and I wont change my approach until the Jets prove me otherwise.

How is he OBVIOUSLY a good quarterback?

Let's think about this. They beat NE 38-13. They scored 5 TDs using their Wildcat formation, meaning he had absolutely NOTHING to do with all 5 TDs. Yesterday, they won 17-10, and 1 of the TDs was from the Wildcat. It's not like a regular running play that was set up by the pass or something.. It's OBVIOUS that Pennington has no hand in it when Ronnie Brown is in the shotgun and Pennington just flanks out wide to get out of the way.

How is he OBVIOUSLY a good quarterback?

Let's think about this. They beat NE 38-13. They scored 5 TDs using their Wildcat formation, meaning he had absolutely NOTHING to do with all 5 TDs. Yesterday, they won 17-10, and 1 of the TDs was from the Wildcat. It's not like a regular running play that was set up by the pass or something.. It's OBVIOUS that Pennington has no hand in it when Ronnie Brown is in the shotgun and Pennington just flanks out wide to get out of the way.

He is drawing the coverage so they can't put 8 men in the box!

Archived