Pennington to the Pro Bowl

Jetfan13

Dude, please. If you are just trolling

I'm not trolling, I'm just a Jet fan who has seen some mighty mediocre QB's get this job over the years and am just astonished that everyone works up all this venom against a pretty nifty player. Pennington didn't have the strongest arm but the ball usually got there on target, he got rid of the ball in a reasonable amount of time, (remember Ken O'Brien?) and Chad seems to know what he's doing down there.

He might not light up any fireworks but he does a lot more things to help a team win than he does to hurt it. But some sort of group hypnosis took over much of Jethood a few years ago and we've been subjected to some of the nuttiest diatribes against Chad coupled with some of the most sugary swoons in favor of his rivals for the job that I've ever seen.

How about all the posts claiming that Clemens was the anointed future so it's time to send Chad packing, why bother waiting? The fact is that the Jets had three chances to draft Clemens and passed all three times. They selected DBrick, Mangold and then traded for-get this-a package of low round draft picks. After that, they got around to taking Clemens. Does that sound like an heir apparent to you?

And it wouldn't bother me if Clemens had stepped up and taken the job, that would be fine. But instead these fans insisted that the job simply be handed over to him without even the semblance of a contest. And this was considered normal on Jets messageboards.

So now one of the greatest ever comes to town and Chad is rightfully sent packing, right into a starter's job in Miami where they love to have him. Where Chad is a big part of turning a 1-15 disaster into something respectable. And these same guys are saying it means nothing, we have to discount everything good he does down there because the coach is using strategy. Like that's cheating.

If that wasn't bad enough, the anti-Chad resentment has spread to Laverneues Coles, because he had the nerve to be Chad's favorite receiver and personal friend. Coles is one of the best Jets ever, but that doesn't stop every grumble he makes into being amplified beyond all proportion and being made into a "crisis" on these boards.

I don't know why so many fans feed on such negativity, if you want to hate someone I would think you would hate someone who really was screwing up the detail like Adrien Clarke. Instead, all this anger gets directed at people who are doing this club some good, even if they weren't the greatest to ever play their position. If Chad and Laverneues were playing and someone better was being sent to the bench, that's one thing. But we all know that didn't happen here, all it took the Clemens supporters to turn on him was two good preseason games by Ratliff.

It's unfortunate if some consider me a troll, but Chad and Coles defenders are not the ones with the credibilty problems.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

in the right system Pennington's always been a solid QB...so with the start the Fins are off too, i wouldn't be surprised if he mad the Pro-Bowl..but on the other hand its still early in the season...and with his history of injuries who knows if his next game will be his last of the season...not that i'm wishing that on him...i hope he has a great year(except for the JET games lol)

in the right system Pennington's always been a solid QB...so with the start the Fins are off too, i wouldn't be surprised if he mad the Pro-Bowl..but on the other hand its still early in the season...and with his history of injuries who knows if his next game will be his last of the season...not that i'm wishing that on him...i hope he has a great year(except for the JET games lol)

I don't know how any intelligent football fan can say this.

Archived