****The OFFICIAL COLLEGE BBALL COUNTDOWN THREAD****

gangreenman

ya,,but would have the 3 teams ahead of them blown out ND like UNC did on a nuetral court?

I dont think Duke or several other ACC teams would have lost by that much..

So many UNC fans in Hawaii,,

haha,,money..UNC grads have lots of moolah ;)

like NYJUNC said, lets wait,,rankings mean shiiit this time of year...

That court wasn't so neutral... I'd say the percentage of UNC fans to ND fans at that game would be about the same at UNC. Either way though, I don't know what would happen should Uconn/L'ville/Pitt were to go against ND on a neutral court. So far Uconn has been blowing out everyone, including Miami and Wisconsin, away, home, or neutral. I think both UNC and Uconn will be #1 seeds in the NCAA's. If they ever meet each other this year it should be one for the ages.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That court wasn't so neutral... I'd say the percentage of UNC fans to ND fans at that game would be about the same at UNC. Either way though, I don't know what would happen should Uconn/L'ville/Pitt were to go against ND on a neutral court. So far Uconn has been blowing out everyone, including Miami and Wisconsin, away, home, or neutral. I think both UNC and Uconn will be #1 seeds in the NCAA's. If they ever meet each other this year it should be one for the ages.

u cant be serious,, the Lahaina Civic Center seats 2500 and u r claiming it wasnt nuetral,,

yikes..

they had a vocal unc group but it was mostly locals like it also is there.. we had maybe 200 all in blue so it looked like more,,,come to UNC sometime and tell me Lahaina was like UNC...haha

i dont think uconn would be within 10 of UNC at this point,,but it could change later, based on injuries etc,,

unc gets u with best depth in country,,waves and waves,,all mickey D's

u cant be serious,, the Lahaina Civic Center seats 2500 and u r claiming it wasnt nuetral,,

yikes..

they had a vocal unc group but it was mostly locals like it also is there.. we had maybe 200 all in blue so it looked like more,,,come to UNC sometime and tell me Lahaina was like UNC...haha

i dont think uconn would be within 10 of UNC at this point,,but it could change later, based on injuries etc,,

unc gets u with best depth in country,,waves and waves,,all mickey D's

I said PERCENTAGE WISE.... Obviously the Civic Center seats a lot less than UNC... But UNC fans made up about a good 80% or so of the crowd there.

Sort of like how I wouldn't consider the Sprint Center a neutral court when Kansas is playing against an East Coast team like Florida, Cuse, etc... Obviously, more Kansas fans show up when the game is is at Kansas, but there are always by far more Jayhawk fans at the Sprint Center then there are any other team. Also how I wouldn't consider MSG to be neutral when SJU, or Seton Hall, or Syracuse is playing a team like Notre Dame or Louisville... You get the picture.

I said PERCENTAGE WISE.... Obviously the Civic Center seats a lot less than UNC... But UNC fans made up about a good 80% or so of the crowd there.

Sort of like how I wouldn't consider the Sprint Center a neutral court when Kansas is playing against an East Coast team like Florida, Cuse, etc... Obviously, more Kansas fans show up when the game is is at Kansas, but there are always by far more Jayhawk fans at the Sprint Center then there are any other team. Also how I wouldn't consider MSG to be neutral when SJU, or Seton Hall, or Syracuse is playing a team like Notre Dame or Louisville... You get the picture.

no i dont,,not at all

it was nuetral...totally,,it wa smaybe 10-15 % unc,,big whoop ,,for guys used to havin 20K for them , this was nutral,,damn,,this is a no brainer

no i dont,,not at all

it was nuetral...totally,,it wa smaybe 10-15 % unc,,big whoop ,,for guys used to havin 20K for them , this was nutral,,damn,,this is a no brainer

You think only 10% of the fans in Maui for that ND game were UNC fans?? I have a REAL hard time believing that one...

You think only 10% of the fans in Maui for that ND game were UNC fans?? I have a REAL hard time believing that one...

i give up...

for teams playing in front of 20K, havin 10/20/30 % of 2500 is NOT home court,,

its 'lets get this over with and go swimming, diving, parasailing'

crowd means zilch..

The BE has struggled the last week or so w/ Louisville getting upset, marquette losing back to back games and Gu getting beat up by Tennessee(althought they whipped Maryland over the weekend). Tomorrow night the heels go to Ford Field as part of the annual ACC/Big Ten (No)Challenge.

The BE has struggled the last week or so w/ Louisville getting upset, marquette losing back to back games and Gu getting beat up by Tennessee(althought they whipped Maryland over the weekend). Tomorrow night the heels go to Ford Field as part of the annual ACC/Big Ten (No)Challenge.

That L'Ville Upset was huge. Gtown did get whooped, but that was to a higher ranked team, so I don't know how much you can criticize them for that. Marquette lost back to back and dropped out of the Coaches rankings, while Syracuse remains unbeaten, and moved into the rankings at #20. That means there are still 7 BE teams in the top 25, and 2 in the "others receiving votes" category.

The Big 10 is pretty much a joke basketball conference. MSU and Purdue are both good teams, OSU is decent, but beyond that, there's not much there. Not as bad as the PAC 10 this year, but definitely nowhere near either the ACC or Big East.

UConn was impressive last night dismantling a tough Buffalo team by 4:D

There's just not another team even close to the Heels this year. Sure in the Tourney anything can happen but the heels are so far and away the best team it's not even worth discussing challengers at this point.

UConn was impressive last night dismantling a tough Buffalo team by 4:D

There's just not another team even close to the Heels this year. Sure in the Tourney anything can happen but the heels are so far and away the best team it's not even worth discussing challengers at this point.

Right now I have to agree nyjunc, there doesnt seem to be any real challengers for that no. 1 spot. Having said that, we still have a loooong season ahead of us, and you know theres bound to be at least a game or two where even great teams like this years UNC let down their guard a little. No doubt about their talent level this year, but its a 35 game season. If they're going to go undefeated they're going to have to pull out some close and ugly ones.

Right now I have to agree nyjunc, there doesnt seem to be any real challengers for that no. 1 spot. Having said that, we still have a loooong season ahead of us, and you know theres bound to be at least a game or two where even great teams like this years UNC let down their guard a little. No doubt about their talent level this year, but its a 35 game season. If they're going to go undefeated they're going to have to pull out some close and ugly ones.

I won't mind if they have a clunker or 2 in the reg season just not in March/April.

Archived