MIAMI WILDCAT OFFENSE THREAD

Blackout

Pennington did nothing other than underthrow his receiver by 10 yards so he had to stop & wait there for the ball to come down like a punt. Luckily he had a 30 yard head start on the defense.

The second one was a dumpoff to the same RB.

This is hardly Pennington killing Houston with his arm.

Either way he is averaging 24 yards per completion today... thats good coaching... I wish Shotty would get his head out of his ass.

Either way he is averaging 24 yards per completion today... thats good coaching... I wish Shotty would get his head out of his ass.

A screen PASS went for 80, and that gimmick went for 53.

So it's "good coaching" because a screen went for 80? No, that's just lucky to be honest.

What do you mean by "either way"?

That is the only way: a gimmick play & a screen. That is hardly Pennington whipping the ball all over. Because otherwise he's got like 50 yards & a fumble.

I just dont understand why this STILL works every time. I mean they've been doing this since week 2, are you trying to tell me that with all the game film on the 'phins, teams are still falling for this? Do they even make the proper adjustments when Chad P is lined up as a Wide Reciever? It's not like they DONT know it's coming.

Pathetic but cool at the same time.

it's legal to chuck a WR within 5 yards of the LOS right ?

the way to get miami out of this wildcat crap is to put your meanest LB out wide with pennington and have the LB drill him into the turf

guarantee they stop running that crap

it's legal to chuck a WR within 5 yards of the LOS right ?

the way to get miami out of this wildcat crap is to put your meanest LB out wide with pennington and have the LB drill him into the turf

guarantee they stop running that crap

and it would be a penalty every time if you did that. You are right with the rule, but if you line a LB up and his main job is to hit Pennington he'll get a 15 yd penalty guaranteed.

and it would be a penalty every time if you did that. You are right with the rule, but if you line a LB up and his main job is to hit Pennington he'll get a 15 yd penalty guaranteed.

you could still have a guy line up and be rough with him at the line. Or you take the 15 yards and make sure that the hit counts.

Alot of teams are doing this nowadays, it's just that Miami is doing it ALOT and are changing it all the time and scoring TD's with it. It's rarely the exact same play every time it's run, so the change up is keeping defenses on their toes.

A lot of teams? I agree with keeping teams on their toes, but I have yet to see another team run the wildcat formation this year....

A lot of teams? I agree with keeping teams on their toes, but I have yet to see another team run the wildcat formation this year....

I've seen about 6 teams do it. Falcons did it was Norwood. Pats did something similar last week. A few other teams have done it.. not nearly as much.

Archived