MIAMI WILDCAT OFFENSE THREAD

Blackout

What do you mean by "either way"?

That is the only way: a gimmick play & a screen. That is hardly Pennington whipping the ball all over. Because otherwise he's got like 50 yards & a fumble.

the difference is that their coaching staff was smart enough to come up with ways for him to succeed. whether its gimmicky or not. who the hell cares? it worked.

wildcat didnt work today stoopid fish fruits!!!!! loflmao!!!!!

that puts and end to that garbage!

It did work once.

Did you see the 50+ yd TD pass Pennington had to Cobbs who was wide open (BTW the ball only traveled about 30, 35 yards)?

That was because of the Wildcat. Brown took the snap, handed it to Williams and then Williams handed it to Pennington.

A lot of teams? I agree with keeping teams on their toes, but I have yet to see another team run the wildcat formation this year....

uhh...actually at least 4 or 5 have done it...including atlanta and oakland quite a bit with norwood and mcfadden.

this is actually an old school offense, nothing really gimmicky at all.

you could still have a guy line up and be rough with him at the line. Or you take the 15 yards and make sure that the hit counts.

You haven't been paying attention silly head. All the Qb has to do is run out of bounds or fall down. Besides, how many cb's in this league can hit a guy hard enough at the line to actually hurt him?

What's the hardest "jam" you've ever seen?

uhh...actually at least 4 or 5 have done it...including atlanta and oakland quite a bit with norwood and mcfadden.

this is actually an old school offense, nothing really gimmicky at all.

got any video of another team running it? l ike youtube?

You haven't been paying attention silly head. All the Qb has to do is run out of bounds or fall down. Besides, how many cb's in this league can hit a guy hard enough at the line to actually hurt him?

He would be a wideout and not a QB at the time and he would not have the same protections. Who cares if he is usually a QB, if he lines up as a wideout he is a wideout.

[quote name='Blackout

He would be a wideout and not a QB at the time and he would not have the same protections. Who cares if he is usually a QB, if he lines up as a wideout he is a wideout.

I am Chewbacca.

Again, it doens't matter what position he is playing, if he falls down the defender cant touch him without a penalty. Also, whats the hardest you can jam a guy? Your point is flawed and the "Knock Chad on his arse" tactic has been debunked.

Again, it doens't matter what position he is playing, if he falls down the defender cant touch him without a penalty. Also, whats the hardest you can jam a guy? Your point is flawed and the "Knock Chad on his arse" tactic has been debunked.

Actually, nothing was debunked, you're simply stating that once Chad IS 'knocked on his arse' nothing more can be done.

It's true, if a defender were to lay an elbow drop on him once he hits the ground, that would be a penalty, the point he was trying to make was that there's nothing stopping the defender from destroying him right off the snap. And nothing to stop a team from lining up their strongest defender out wide against him... Who says it has to be a corner?

And let's be honest, James Chadwick Pennington is not exactly known for his durability and ability to take hits.

My whole point was to take the penalty and knock him silly; How has that been debunked? I said that at that point it would be worth taking the 15 yards if you knock the wind out of the guy and make them think twice about using that particular gimmick. My only point was that you're not going to have to go by the pussified contact rules if he is a wideout as opposed to a QB.

Watch Niners-Packers back in I think 95? They just knocked every WR flat on their ass every play.

The only reason you don't jam WRs is you're afraid they get off the jam and beat you deep. Now against Pennington? You don't worry about that. Just knock him on his ass and then go after Ronnie Brown.

Archived