Kerry Rhodes = Most Overrated Jet

drago

We all clamored for him to get a pro bowl bid last year and the year prior. Maybe he earned it for numbers but when you think of how bad our offense was last year, he had to be getting a ton more snaps than the next guys.

A pro bowl safety is someone to fear, like bob sanders or Palumalu. Those are guys that are always in on the play, when they are told to blitz, they get close to the QB or get the sack. Rhodes doesn't do any of that.

His best play today was his one hand catch that was out of bounds. He is just not a player to be feared, he's Bryan Thomas the second, gets paid, takes the year off. (although not nearly as bad as BT was last year, not even close, no one is that bad)

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
kerry rhodes is probably our best D player. In a couple years Revis will be better but as of now id rather have Rhodes over a lot of other guys in the nfl.

he is underrated.

I'd take Harris, pace, thomas, revis way ahead of Rhodes...I'm not saying he sucks but he is no all star.

This thread fails.

He's had a quiet start but look how well we defended the deep ball today, it was all checkdown stuff. Rhodes is more than likely a big reason for that, teams do not want to throw his way too often. He needs to make more plays, which he will. Calm down.

BTW did anyone see his one handed catch out of bounds on the last play of the game? Unreal!

Rhodes is a very, very solid player. A pro-bowler maybe in one of his better years, but definetly not a game changer like Sanders and Palamalu. So I guess he is a little overrated

I'd say Troy Polamalu, Ed Reed and Bob Sanders are the 3 best safeties in the game. Huge dropoff after that IMO.

BTW, Troy is playing alot more coverage this year while they are letting Harrison and Woodley chase QB's around. This makes Steeler secondary pretty damn good while limiting Troy's injury opportunities. The LB's are among the league leaders in sacks to boot. :)

Someone please delete this thread.

another great post by ghost...

Rhodes' stats -

23 tackles

0 forced fumbles

0 fumble recoveries

0 interceptions

0 sacks

Yeah, he's not overrated at all, a little over 4 tackles a game does not put him in the NFL elite as some would imply.

This thread is a joke.

He has dominated for two consecutive years and is VERY young.

We are 5 ****ing games into the season and he's overrated?

He's played well, just has not gotten the breaks to show in the stat sheet. He's dropped two sure INTs (against the chargers and the cards).

It is not Kerry's fault that Bob Sutton does not know how to use him and has not been blitzing him at all (his strong point) this season. The interceptions will come, one five game stretch is nothing to worry about IMO. Also, his tackle numbers are fine for his position.

And I agree with Troll. Polamalu is all hair, nothing else.

This thread is a joke.

He has dominated for two consecutive years and is VERY young.

We are 5 ****ing games into the season and he's overrated?

He's played well, just has not gotten the breaks to show in the stat sheet. He's dropped two sure INTs (against the chargers and the cards).

:confused:

Struck a nerve with some of you huh? The dude hasn't done anything since getting paid, i haven't seen even an impact play so far from him.

BTW, 5 games in is almost a third of the season...still waiting.

Rhodes may not be playing at the same level he was last year, but that doesn't mean he's overrated all of a sudden.

I hate it when people get all hyperactive over the smallest of things, then submit their spontaneous posts without putting any thought into them. Quit dissing our players, and look at the positives: we're 3-2 and in decent position to take the AFC East.

What has Rhodes done wrong? That's the question you should be asking.

Lets see, our running game is rated 3rd in the NFL, that means the guys upfront are getting the job done. Meaning, not a lot of opportunities for a safety to make big plays against the run.

Meanwhile, no picks yet, but have teams been challenging him? Has he been out of position? Missed making big plays?

Oh, and not getting sacks is fine by me. We don't blitz him nearly as much, because we can actually generate pressure now without a safety. Bad for Rhodes numbers, good for the Jets defense.

What has Rhodes done wrong? That's the question you should be asking.

Lets see, our running game is rated 3rd in the NFL, that means the guys upfront are getting the job done. Meaning, not a lot of opportunities for a safety to make big plays against the run.

Meanwhile, no picks yet, but have teams been challenging him? Has he been out of position? Missed making big plays?

Oh, and not getting sacks is fine by me. We don't blitz him nearly as much, because we can actually generate pressure now without a safety. Bad for Rhodes numbers, good for the Jets defense.

VERY well summed up.

We all clamored for him to get a pro bowl bid last year and the year prior. Maybe he earned it for numbers but when you think of how bad our offense was last year, he had to be getting a ton more snaps than the next guys.

A pro bowl safety is someone to fear, like bob sanders or Palumalu. Those are guys that are always in on the play, when they are told to blitz, they get close to the QB or get the sack. Rhodes doesn't do any of that.

His best play today was his one hand catch that was out of bounds. He is just not a player to be feared, he's Bryan Thomas the second, gets paid, takes the year off. (although not nearly as bad as BT was last year, not even close, no one is that bad)

yeah thats why all QBs are picking on him right.

:wtf:

Rhodes may not be playing at the same level he was last year, but that doesn't mean he's overrated all of a sudden.

I hate it when people get all hyperactive over the smallest of things, then submit their spontaneous posts without putting any thought into them. Quit dissing our players, and look at the positives: we're 3-2 and in decent position to take the AFC East.

its not worth it. pessimism always wins

Archived