To those fans who were at the game

SeniorFlaJet

Not that I don't agree, but even when the Bengals were up 7-0, this game was never in doubt.

I'm sure you have watched enough Jets football to know that a six point lead in the 4th quarter doesn't come with the uneasy stomach and the fear that the other team will somehow score with a minute left to steal the game, even when the game seems well in hand.

I'm sure you have watched enough Jets football to know that a six point lead in the 4th quarter doesn't come with the uneasy stomach and the fear that the other team will somehow score with a minute left to steal the game, even when the game seems well in hand.

I have, certainly. But to me, this game felt like ours the whole way. They never really seemed in it.

I'm trying to get over the Same Old Jets mentality and except the truth that pass results are no indicator of future outcome. Just because the quarter came up tails the last 20 times, it's still a 50/50 proposition. As a Jet fan, that's hard to believe, but we have a real team this year.

Thats for sure. I'm waiting for someone to lose an eye that way. Waiting for it.

The people sitting next to me & BP in 124 were literally, and this is no exaggeration, were getting up every god damn 5 minutes to smoke or get a beer or jerkoff or whatever. Ridiculous. You're at a Football game. Sit in your ****ing seat and watch the game. Want to get a beer once a quarter? Fine. **** off to these people who can't stay in their seats at a game.

I was in 121 and it was the exact same thing.

What a conundrum...

When the PSLs hit, the real fans will be disenfranchised and the stadium will be 70% filled with 'fans' who don't make noise, who spend little time in their seats, and are not 'real fans'. But, right now, according to everyone, the 'real fans' don't show up to fill the stadium, who arrive midway through the 1st, who spend little time in their seats, and don't make enough noise. :confused:

very true

the "fans" are now the rich-ass spoiled people who got tickets from Daddy's company

Bottom line: Fans that leave early with the best part of the game still to come are not real fans as far as I am concerned. That includes a good portion of our current fan base and will be much the same, post PSL's. I would be freaking out if someone forced me to leave a game where the outcome is in doubt. These people must leave a good mystery movie just before finding out who the killer is.

i can understand leaving with a 30 point difference on the scoreboard

nothing less

I went. Had fun. Stayed until the end. Crowd was into it, but still too many dummies playing with paper airplanes, cheering on crucial 3rd down and goal instead of silence, fleeing the stadium early, and complete lack of understanding of football and its rules.

And now Im stranded in Ct. since my car broke down on the way home last night.

So everyone can kiss my ass.

:)

The ****ing paper airplanes kill me. This time, I actually said out loud, so the person in throwing plans in front of me could hear, "I pay too much money to throw airplanes here.."

BZ

It was my first game of the year so I really can`t compare to other games. I didn`t think the crowd was that loud at all. It was ok I guess. Could`ve been much louder though. Seems like Jets fans don`t realize just how important this stretch of "easy" games are. Need to win every one of `em. At Buffalo being the toughest on Nov. 2. After the St. Louis game it gets pretty rough with a trip to NE, TENN, then hosting Den. The crowd really needs to turn it up some imo. Can`t just go because the weather is nice for a late season tan. I`m only doing one more game this year so I won`t be able to help much in the vocal dep`t. Someone is gonna have to step it up and cover for me. :)

I really can't blame people for leaving early. The lines for the buses are out of control. The parking lot is very hard to get out of right after the game.

Until some of those things are fixed, people are going to want to leave early. Hopefully the new mass transit helps in 2010.

Enabler!

It was my first game of the year so I really can`t compare to other games. I didn`t think the crowd was that loud at all. It was ok I guess. Could`ve been much louder though. Seems like Jets fans don`t realize just how important this stretch of "easy" games are. Need to win every one of `em. At Buffalo being the toughest on Nov. 2. After the St. Louis game it gets pretty rough with a trip to NE, TENN, then hosting Den. The crowd really needs to turn it up some imo. Can`t just go because the weather is nice for a late season tan. I`m only doing one more game this year so I won`t be able to help much in the vocal dep`t. Someone is gonna have to step it up and cover for me. :)

yeah it aws kinda quiet

Archived