Another display of Peter King being biased against the Jets

SteveNap

8. I think this is what I didn't like about Week 6: a. Gaines Adams needs to learn that when a ball is coming to him in coverage, and there's nothing between him and the ball, and it hits him right in the shoulder pads ... well, those are points you can't get back.

b. At some point, JaMarcus Russell has to go from young quarterback making his way in this league to an efficient NFL quarterback. He played an "F'' game at New Orleans, and I'd grade him lower if I could. His judgment on medium and deep throws are as bad as his accuracy. His tools are tremendous, obviously, but the disconnect between his ability and actual play is too much. In his last four games, he's completed 35, 47, 60 and 37 percent of his throws, which might be good enough when all of your players are better than the other team's, but doesn't give your team much of a prayer in the National Football League.

c. I know I'm not there in that locker room, and I know LaDainian Tomlinson is still a fabulous player, but I don't understand after what we've seen from Darren Sproles, how the Chargers can call a game and put the ball in his hands three times from scrimmage, as they did against New England last night.

d. Uh, Jets? Don't go patting yourselves on the back too hard after that, ahem, uneven performance against the Bengals.

e. Can you believe the Dallas Cowboys, right now, are arguably the worst team in the NFC East?

f. There's something about Matt Cassel, and I found myself searching for the right trait watching him in San Diego. A knack for knowing where to throw, when to leave the pocket, when to dump it off, when to take a chance deep with Randy Moss ... he just lacks the kind of instinct, I think, that comes from not playing the game for nine years. What a tribute to Tom Brady that the Patriots won as much as they did. That's not a dominant team. It might yet be a winning team and a playoff team, but dominating? I don't see that happening 'til 2009.

9. I think this is what Jason Elam thinks about when he's going through a bad patch, or has a shank: Tiger Woods. He told me so last night. "When Tiger Woods hits a bad shot, and he's in the rough, you think, That hole's lost,'' Elam said. "But Tiger ends up making birdie. Why? Because he's so mentally tough. He forgets one shot and goes on to the next one.'' Elam missed the 33-yarder in the fourth quarter and drilled the 48-yarder to win.

Did the almighty Giants look much more impressive against this ****ty Bengals team? Lets not forget they almost blew that game. Although we didn't look great, the game for the most part was in hand. This guy is a douche.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/peter_king/10/12/week6/index.html

d. Uh, Jets? Don't go patting yourselves on the back too hard after that, ahem, uneven performance against the Bengals.[url=http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/peter_king/10/12/week6/index.html]

OH.MY.GOD

Lets form a lynch mob, Peter King doesn't think we should 'pat ourselves on the back too hard' after we beat an 0-5 team who was missing their best player at the most important position, a team that we should have beaten, and had some trouble putting the ball in the endzone, also threw two interceptions deep in their territory.

This was a good win, and we did what we were supposed to, but he's right, all we know from this game is we didn't do what we as jets fans always fear we will do, play down to the opponents level.

King is exactly right

The Jets are still a very uneven team. They have not yet put the complete game together. One week it is the defense that struggles, one week it is the offense that struggles, one week it is the special teams.

The Jets should beat teams like the Bengals and beat them easily like the Colts did yesterday to the Ravens.

The Jets have three big games coming up down the stretch where they play Buffalo, New England and Tennessee. Win 2 of those 3 and then people will start giving them respect.

Remember respect is earned it is not given.

A win is a win. Look at some of the Giants games from last year that could have gone either way. The time to peak is at the end of the year and now is a time for putting wins in the bank. A lot of teams pop their nut early in the year and falter down the stretch. Oh and not matter what his opinion, Peter King is a fat know nothing douchebag, just like Francesa.

He has to write lots of drivel now that his little Mary Beth has grown up..You dont think he is gonna write:

Mary Beth went to a frat party last nite and got drunk and when out cold on floor got drenched in Frat Brother piss while cornholed at same time.

I dont think SI would like that

Note his unrequitied love of Brett Favre has cooled considerably since Favre moved close to King's house. Maybe Favre has at last told King he's a creepy fat guy, and that writing about your teen/early 20s daughter in a national website is creepy beyond belief. Note this column continues to contain weekly mash notes to the Pats, Bellichick and the the Cowboys-teams that lost.

Also, King suggests the Cowboys might trade with the Iggles for Lito Sheppard. I can tell you that there is no chance in freaking hell that the Iggles will lift a finger to help Jerry Jones and the Cowboys.It's more plausible to suggest between now and election day John Mccain and Barack Obama will announce they intend to jointly govern, are gay lovers and will start a heavy metal band that covers Carpenters songs than to suggest the Iggles make any such trade. NO CHANCE IN HELL. Writing stupidity like this should get your column yanked. it's like writing one of those "I'll trade my pile of poop for your superstar" idiocy you hear on a bad sporttalk raido show.

I don't disagree the Jet have some serious tests ahead. But they WON BY 12 POINTS.

There is nothing fundamentally wrong with what King said about the Jets.

Except for three things:

1. No one is crowing about the Jets beating the Bengals. The national media's view of the game seems to be sympathy for the poor winless Bengals and certainly most Jets fans are not happy that the game was even as close as it was.

2. If it was the exact situation with the Patriots beating a Palmer less Bengals, he would have praised them for doing what it takes to win a "trap" game.

3. He is a fat, disgusting POS that I would like to beat the sh#t out of. But I digress ...

There is nothing fundamentally wrong with what King said about the Jets.

Except for three things:

1. No one is crowing about the Jets beating the Bengals. The national media's view of the game seems to be sympathy for the poor winless Bengals and certainly most Jets fans are not happy that the game was even as close as it was.

2. If it was the exact situation with the Patriots beating a Palmer less Bengals, he would have praised them for doing what it takes to win a "trap" game.

3. He is a fat, disgusting POS that I would like to beat the sh#t out of. But I digress ...

this bungal fan i know asys Palmer woulda beat us....

King is exactly right

The Jets are still a very uneven team. They have not yet put the complete game together. One week it is the defense that struggles, one week it is the offense that struggles, one week it is the special teams.

The Jets should beat teams like the Bengals and beat them easily like the Colts did yesterday to the Ravens.

The Jets have three big games coming up down the stretch where they play Buffalo, New England and Tennessee. Win 2 of those 3 and then people will start giving them respect.

Remember respect is earned it is not given.

Not very good, I agree, but the D only allowed 7 points. For the life of me I could not understand why they went soft before the half. We do this at least once a game and it always results in points. 26-7 woud have looked like a romp. King is a douche

The thing is that no one really notices because King already has 6 chins.

noted....the thing is right now I'd rather be a Jets fan than a Pats fan...I see us improving while NE is getting disheartened...the Jets under Favre are a team that can win almost ANY game and CAN come from behind. Did anybody actually believe that game last night wasn't already over after halftime?

The more I think about King's statement, the more POed I get. Why would a national sports writer make such a negative, condesending statement like that? Unless, of course, he has a severe bias against the Jets, for whatever reason. I could see if he was a Jets beat writer and he was sensing Jets fans talking SB and all full of themselves. But like I said before, if it was the Patriots in the same exact situation, he would be praising them.

Does anyone have an email address for him or a web site that you can contact him? I'd like to send him my warm regards. ;)

The more I think about King's statement, the more POed I get. Why would a national sports writer make such a negative, condesending statement like that? Unless, of course, he has a severe bias against the Jets, for whatever reason. I could see if he was a Jets beat writer and he was sensing Jets fans talking SB and all full of themselves. But like I said before, if it was the Patriots in the same exact situation, he would be praising them.

Does anyone have an email address for him or a web site that you can contact him? I'd like to send him my warm regards. ;)

I mostly noticed his bias against the Jets happening when Mangini started coaching the NYJs and worse after Spygate. He's got such a mancrush on Belichick that he took it personally. Before 2006, I never really noticed any snide comments about the Jets, only pro-Patriots fellatio.

He's around because people actually discuss what he writes. People like...you, sadly. He is best left completely ignored. If nobody read what he wrote they'd can him quickly.

He's around because people actually discuss what he writes. People like...you, sadly. He is best left completely ignored. If nobody read what he wrote they'd can him quickly.

There are lesser known idiots out there spewing their idiotic opinion all over yahoo, cbs sportsline. fox sports, etc. There's always money in spewing garbage out of your mouth and making wrong predictions.

There are lesser known idiots out there spewing their idiotic opinion all over yahoo, cbs sportsline. fox sports, etc. There's always money in spewing garbage out of your mouth and making wrong predictions.

I don't know, if that were essentially true, Joe Theisman would be swimming in money like Scrooge McDuck.

I mostly noticed his bias against the Jets happening when Mangini started coaching the NYJs and worse after Spygate. He's got such a mancrush on Belichick that he took it personally. Before 2006, I never really noticed any snide comments about the Jets, only pro-Patriots fellatio.

I think you are right.

Good point. I'll start ignoring him right after I send him a little forget me not email.

Archived