very weird stat!

Jetkid94

was looking at the top quarterbacks and wow look at this. Chad is a top 3 in afc! Favre is 4th in the league, but im gonna show the top 5 quarterbacks in the AFC.

1.Rivers. 61.8pct. 1489yards.14TD. 109.4 rating

2. Favre. 71.3pct(best in league) 1124yards.13TD. 103.0rating

3. PENNINGTON!:ahhh:

4.Big Ben

5. Cutler

I cant belive pennington is the 7th best in the league and top 3 in the afc:ahhh:

but anyway Favre is the 4th best in the league and second in the AFC. at least if he makes the probowl noone can say popularity as the stats show hes deserving. I dont see Favre getting 3,000 yards because he only has 1100 through 5 games. I say around 2600 yards at seasons end. I think he will get over 30 TD's favre after the oakland game should be half way there with half the games left.

Precisely why QB rating is an absolutely useless statistic. Pennington has 5 TD passes in 5 games. That's just not very good no matter how you spin it. One TD he threw yesterday was a trick play and the other was a 3 yard screen that the receiver took 77 yards.

Put it this way: When an NFL football team resorts to college level trickery to try and win games it's really an indictment of the lack of confidence in the QB. And you want to tell me he's the 3rd best QB in the league?

Precisely why QB rating is an absolutely useless statistic. Pennington has 5 TD passes in 5 games. That's just not very good no matter how you spin it. One TD he threw yesterday was a trick play and the other was a 3 yard screen that the receiver took 77 yards.

Put it this way: When an NFL football team resorts to college level trickery to try and win games it's really an indictment of the lack of confidence in the QB. And you want to tell me he's the 3rd best QB in the league?

Yeah, I was wondering, 3rd in the league based on what?

Passer rating? Completion percentage?

Certainly not TDs. Certainly not yards.

Maybe it's based on best QB throwing from the WR position, of which, he dominates the league.

Exactly. If Pennington was lighting up defenses, why would they run the Wildcat?

was looking at the top quarterbacks and wow look at this. Chad is a top 3 in afc! Favre is 4th in the league, but im gonna show the top 5 quarterbacks in the AFC.

1.Rivers. 61.8pct. 1489yards.14TD. 109.4 rating

2. Favre. 71.3pct(best in league) 1124yards.13TD. 103.0rating

3. PENNINGTON!:ahhh:

4.Big Ben

5. Cutler

I cant belive pennington is the 7th best in the league and top 3 in the afc:ahhh:

but anyway Favre is the 4th best in the league and second in the AFC. at least if he makes the probowl noone can say popularity as the stats show hes deserving. I dont see Favre getting 3,000 yards because he only has 1100 through 5 games. I say around 2600 yards at seasons end. I think he will get over 30 TD's favre after the oakland game should be half way there with half the games left.

Thanks Kid

agreed about the qb rating. it's a complete sham, but as far as trick plays go. if they work use them. anything that's legal that you can use to your advantage I say go for it.

agreed about the qb rating. it's a complete sham, but as far as trick plays go. if they work use them. anything that's legal that you can use to your advantage I say go for it.

I agree. If the coaches feel the team can't get it done in a pro style offense then I applaud them for at least trying something else. That being said I don't think you'll find any teams with confidence in their QB running this offense on a regular basis.

Yeah, I was wondering, 3rd in the league based on what?

Passer rating? Completion percentage?

Certainly not TDs. Certainly not yards.

Maybe it's based on best QB throwing from the WR position, of which, he dominates the league.

Who is that in your avatar?

Why is he allowed to start threads again?

Because he gives us excellent insight such as: If the Pats lose to the Broncos and the Jets beat the Raiders and the Bills lose to San Diego and Jacksonville, Tennessee and Indianapolis lose then the Jets will clinch the wildcard in 3 weeks! :lol:

Archived