Brandon Tate

he is a great kid...

butch told him last nite that Mike Irvin had exact same injury and he came back to be drafted and allpro,,

it made brandon feel alot better to hear that from Butch

\

heels will go with cooter arnold..or will drop redshirt on dwight jones,,a stud that butch was trying to save..

http://northcarolina.scout.com/a.z?s=78&p=8&c=1&nid=2418412

they are also looking a tmoving Greg Little back to WR

http://northcarolina.scout.com/a.z?s=78&p=8&c=1&nid=1860630

Torn ACL and MCL, out for the season.

Will he come out or return to UNC?

we are gonna miss him...maybe jets can get him in a steal as some treams will shy away with injury,,but like butch told him,,Mike Irvin had same injury playin for me and look what happened to him...

8phbHgORqaI

North Carolina wide receiver Brandon Tate on Wednesday had successful surgery to repair the anterior cruciate ligament and the medial collateral ligament in his right knee, coach Butch Davis said.

"He came out with flying colors," Davis said. "It was exactly like they speculated; when they got in there, there were no surprises. They fully expect him to have 100 percent recovery. They're going to keep him in the hospital overnight, just for observation. But he'll get out in the morning and be back over in the building tomorrow, and they were very pleased with how it went."

Tate tore the ligaments during the first quarter of Saturday's victory over Notre Dame. At the time, he was third in the nation in all-purpose yards, and a leading candidate for ACC Player of the Year.

The senior's college career is over, but he has said he is determined to play in the NFL. Davis said there's "no speculation" yet on how long Tate's rehabilitation process will take.

But there is reason to believe he could still achieve his professional dream.

Davis told Tate that two of the best receivers he has ever coached -- Michael Irvin, at Miami and with the Dallas Cowboys, and Reggie Wayne, at Miami -- endured the same injury. They went on to star in the NFL.

"He will be back, and he will recover from this," Davis said.

And so will the Tar Heels, Tate said.

"Teammates have been upset about it, but I've been telling them, 'I'll be all right, don't worry about me. You guys have still got business to take care of,' " he said. "We've still got a long season ahead of us. Just look at it as a minor setback, and everybody just still focus in on the big goal."

Archived