QB: Brett Favre

WR1: Laveranues Coles

WR2: Jerricho Cotchery

TE: Dustin Keller

WR3: Chansi Stuckey

Solid OLine

FB: Tony Richardson

and RB: Larry Johnson

Hello Brett Favre either facing only 3 or 4 DB's or hello Larry Johnson with wide open lanes up the middle.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How many 20+ yard carries do we have from Jones, Washington or Chatman this year? Thanks.

Jets line is A LOT better than KC's and we have a passing game with a certain individual behind center who backs up opposing Linebackers and Secondaries. His name is Brett Favre, IDK, maybe you've heard of him?

its not a question of who has more long rushes, but who has been productive. Johnson's stats are skewed by a few long rushes. Otherwise he is very average. To trade away draft picks for a guy we might get a big rush out of every other game isnt worth it.

Releasing Thomas Jones and trading picks away for someone who MAY be slightly better is not a good idea.

Can we all just sit back and look at this lineup:

QB: Brett Favre

WR1: Laveranues Coles

WR2: Jerricho Cotchery

TE: Dustin Keller

WR3: Chansi Stuckey

Solid OLine

FB: Tony Richardson

and RB: Larry Johnson

Hello Brett Favre either facing only 3 or 4 DB's or hello Larry Johnson with wide open lanes up the middle.

why would there suddenly be wide open running lanes? Shouldnt they already be there?

its not a question of who has more long rushes, but who has been productive. Johnson's stats are skewed by a few long rushes. Otherwise he is very average. To trade away draft picks for a guy we might get a big rush out of every other game isnt worth it.

Releasing Thomas Jones and trading picks away for someone who MAY be slightly better is not a good idea.

May be slightly better? Are you joking? Larry Johnson is still a top back in this league.

But please everyone whose against LJ, please continue to ignore the fact that HERMAN EDWARDS IS HIS HEAD COACH, thus the entire other team knows whats coming and when its coming:

Run

Run

Run or Screen or 5 yard pass

Punt

And realize KC has no passing game with either Croyle, Huard or Thigpen and the defenses always playing 8 or 9 in the box against Larry.

Stop just looking at his long runs and saying he's nothing or not an immense improvment over Thomas Jones because you'd be dead wrong.

we dont have any wide open lanes to run in. otherwise leon would be running through them. The o-line has not done a good enough job.

Yes, scatback Leon Washington can do it all. :eek: I am so sick and f'ing tired of our fans making Leon out to be something that he is clearly not. He's a nice fancy player whose a great returner but an everydown back or a true Running Back he is NOT.

Larry Johnson will also bruise and wear a defense down for the all important 4th quarter where teams run down the other teams throats.

Larry Johnson is 10x the back Leon or Jones ever were or ever will become.

May be slightly better? Are you joking? Larry Johnson is still a top back in this league.

But please everyone whose against LJ, please continue to ignore the fact that HERMAN EDWARDS IS HIS HEAD COACH, thus the entire other team knows whats coming and when its coming:

Run

Run

Run or Screen or 5 yard pass

Punt

And realize KC has no passing game with either Croyle, Huard or Thigpen and the defenses always playing 8 or 9 in the box against Larry.

Stop just looking at his long runs and saying he's nothing or not an immense improvment over Thomas Jones because you'd be dead wrong.

I havent seen any KC games this year so I cannot comment on defenses being played or play calling. But I look at his most successful game of the year and see a lot of 3 and 4 yd rushes. That doesnt make him a top back.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/boxscore?gid=20080928012&page=plays

Yes, scatback Leon Washington can do it all. :eek: I am so sick and f'ing tired of our fans making Leon out to be something that he is clearly not. He's a nice fancy player whose a great returner but an everydown back or a true Running Back he is NOT.

Larry Johnson will also bruise and wear a defense down for the all important 4th quarter where teams run down the other teams throats.

Larry Johnson is 10x the back Leon or Jones ever were or ever will become.

Never said Leon was anything more than what he's produced. But if there were holes to run through, even backup Leon would find them.

Larry Johnson will do no more for us than what we already get. The o-line needs to do a better job.

The old Larry Johnson was a stud. Now he's average and you want to get rid of our RB, trade 2 picks for him, have him learn our offense... Just not worth it.

a good RB does not carry you to the the superbowl some people here say his arrival makes us SB contenders and east champs, and well we had curtis martin and he didnt bring us anywhere.

Remind me when Curtis Martin had Brett Favre at Quarterback.

ok so you just said its the QB who takes you deep. first you say LJ makes us a superbowl team, and then you say only because he has favre.

LJ and Brett Favre would absolutely kill. If the chief's are having a fire sale i say we go for it.

its not gonna get done.

You're always so freakin' negative and you're only 14! We're not gonna get a trade done for Larry Johnson. We are aiming for the Wild Card (in your postseason look a head threads you never just talk about the Division). WTF man? :)

Nah, to me we've been spoiled by the Favre drama. This kind of blockbuster trade is rare in the NFL especially during the season. Deadline day rarely has these kind of big name trades anymore. No way it happens, there's simply not enough time at this point, I wish it did but it wont unfortunately. Nice to think about though,

Nah, to me we've been spoiled by the Favre drama. This kind of blockbuster trade is rare in the NFL especially during the season. Deadline day rarely has these kind of big name trades anymore. No way it happens, there's simply not enough time at this point, I wish it did but it wont unfortunately. Nice to think about though,

Exactly. But it is a nice thought and something to look at in the offseason.

Archived