David Patten to the Skins

PatsFanTX

Redskins | Patten Signs - from www.KFFL.com

Thu, 3 Mar 2005 16:43:17 -0800

David Elfin, of the Washington Times, reports the Washington Redskins have signed unrestricted free agent WR David Patten (Patriots) to an undisclosed deal.

Always liked Patten, wish he could have remained with the Pats.

Oh well, the dynasty is crumbling all around.

NFL Network reported that The Pats made a last second play for Derrick Mason.

Mason turned them down. His wife wanted Baltimore.

Pats are clearly in the market for a WR. Reports are that they would have pounced on Coles if he was released.

The last few years, New England has had such a deep WR group with Branch, Givens, Brown, Patten and Bethel Johnson.

Branch and Givens will start next year. Unless they get someone new. I expect them to draft somebody. I don't know what to expect out of P.K. Sam and Bethel is so unreliable at times. Patten is not a big loss.

NFL Network reported that The Pats made a last second play for Derrick Mason.

Mason turned them down. His wife wanted Baltimore.

Pats are clearly in the market for a WR. Reports are that they would have pounced on Coles if he was released.

The last few years, New England has had such a deep WR group with Branch, Givens, Brown, Patten and Bethel Johnson.

Branch and Givens will start next year. Unless they get someone new. I expect them to draft somebody. I don't know what to expect out of P.K. Sam and Bethel is so unreliable at times. Patten is not a big loss.

maybe thats another reason why the Jets wanted to trade for Moss for Coles rather than risk him getting cut and sign somewhere else :shock:

Offseason 2005: Meaningful (i.e. Not cut or fired) Losses and Gains

The Jets so far:

Lost:

DT Jason Furguson

RB Lamont Jordan

Gained:

RB Derrick Blaylock

The Pats so Far:

Lost:

O-Co Charlie Weiss

D-Co Romeo Crennell

WR David Patten

OG Joe Andruzzi

Gained:

CB Duane Starks

pats lost Troy Brown, Ty Law and Roman Phipher too, thats meaningful

No, we cut them

Their combined age next year would be 102 years old.... or an average of 34 years apiece.

We went 11-1 without Law and Brown and Phifer have maybe one more decent year each.

Those were no more losses than cutting the deadwood last offseason was for you guys.

No, we cut them

Their combined age next year would be 102 years old.... or an average of 34 years apiece.

We went 11-1 without Law and Brown and Phifer have maybe one more decent year each.

Those were no more losses than cutting the deadwood last offseason was for you guys.

Exactly, as CUTS I did not include them, since by definition a CUT indicates the team in question no longer WANTS the player being cut, either due to quality of play or cost of retention.

In either case, cuts equate to the willfull desire of the team to seperate with the player, hence not included in my list. :D

Archived