Economy.....

vinnys025

I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than

standing armies.

Thomas Jefferson.

discuss.....

Since no politics are allowed, I will simply say this: Take a long hard look at what the gov't was encouraging and imploring Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac to do before you go labeling banks as the bad guys right now. Oh, and for the record the problem crosses both party lines.

I don't wanna get all political here but i'm barely hangin on to both toasters. thankfully 1 is paid for.

I'm considering making you a lowball offer for one of those toasters. It might be a sleazy move on my part, but if I don't somebody else will.

I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than

standing armies.

Thomas Jefferson.

discuss.....

"If the American people ever allow private banks

to control the issue of their money,

first by inflation and then by deflation,

the banks and corporations that will

grow up around them (around the banks),

will deprive the people of their property

until their children will wake up homeless

on the continent their fathers conquered."

another quote by TJ

700 billion bailout package for a 100 billion in bad subprime loans = buttload of leftover cash

image;size=239x110

:Typotux:

The DJIA is pricing in the recession now, not so much the credit crisis anymore. The LIBOR rate has been falling everyday and Barclays bank just put a big block of debt on the market that is backed by the British gov't. The credit freeze is thawing somewhat but there is a realization that jobs, consumer spending, and overall economic activity are slowing dramatically.

The DJIA is pricing in the recession now, not so much the credit crisis anymore. The LIBOR rate has been falling everyday and Barclays bank just put a big block of debt on the market that is backed by the British gov't. The credit freeze is thawing somewhat but there is a realization that jobs, consumer spending, and overall economic activity are slowing dramatically.

yikes........better pm me that lowball offer dna you scumbag:mrgreen:

haha yeah that'll bring my net cost down to $19,975.01

You will just get 1099'd and the bank will simply eat it at the stockholder's expense. No biggie.

If it is out of pocket then you can go back to work. Oh wait nevermind there are no jobs.

Btw, 700B divided by every household in the US is roughly 30k per household. Pretty sure that would "stimulate" the economy too.

Archived