The Official: I had a random thought, so I posted it thread

Jets Babe

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nobody is saying don't continue the inside jokes with your fellow JI refugees, please, IDC, continue to do so. But don't expect all the "LOL's" or whathaveyou in response from people who have been here for a while, or forever.

:cheers:

I hate lols......

I feel like a little girl whenever I type it

Homo or no homo?

My bad, "no homo."

yeah, but you never lose the inside jokes...

I am 34 and I still have inside jokes from 20 years ago...

Of course not. That's what inside jokes are for.

And the thing is, people overlook the nature of human interaction. Half of my inside jokes are situations I was never personally a part of, but people explained it to me about it and then I felt like an "insider" to the joke. Everyone is like that. It's because people are social animals.

For any JN member that is confused by an inside joke, they'll simply need to ask what it means and when they find out, they'll be on the inside as well.

Farkin' great, how about a little detail, JaMesJ

interwebz

The large network linking computers across the globe, also referred to as the internet and the webernet. Usually used by people who speak in 1337.

ie: I am teh 1337 H4xo|2 on t3h Interwebz!!!11!!one!!

Translation: I am awesome on the Internet

Hel-low - I need an answer here...

I'll give you a more detailed explanation.

A couple of months ago, ESPN.com's Page 2 (I believe) ran an article that there is an inside joke among NFL players concerning "no homo."

"No homo" is used by the players after one of them says something which could be viewed in a homoerotic light, although that was not the intention.

For instance, a QB would say, "I really like that receiver because he has really soft hands." We know what he means, but because there's an obvious homoerotic spin can be placed on that, the QB would end his sentence with "no homo."

The thing is, the NFL players would rag anyone who made such a statement without saying "no homo."

It's sort of the NFL equivelent of the "Punch Buggy Game." Remember that?

interwebz

The large network linking computers across the globe, also referred to as the internet and the webernet. Usually used by people who speak in 1337.

ie: I am teh 1337 H4xo|2 on t3h Interwebz!!!11!!one!!

(I am awesome on the Internet)

OOOOhhhhhh - I gotcha - "script kiddie" speak.

A couple of months ago, ESPN.com's Page 2 (I believe) ran an article that there is an inside joke among NFL players concerning "no homo."

"No homo" is used by the players after one of them says something which could be viewed in a homoerotic light, although that was not the intention.

For instance, a QB would say, "I really like that receiver because he has really soft hands." We know what he means, but because there's an obvious homoerotic spin can be placed on that, the QB would end his sentence with "no homo."

The thing is, the NFL players would rag anyone who made such a statement without saying "no homo."

lol, it was started by Lil Wayne.

SMC - you are a gentleman and a scholar and that picture of Linda Evans is driving me bonkers - no homo here.

Archived