I'm with Brett Favre

When he says this is one of the more crushing defeats of his career, well, this is one of my more crushing defeats as a Jets fan. Nowhere near does it touch postseason losses like Denver, Oakland & Pittsburgh, but damn, one of the worst Regular Season losses ever.

Well since I've been here so often before, I kind of don't care personally.

But being an NY Jet is going to crush the will out of Favre. He's going to retire and retire for good after just one season with the Jets (if he even makes it through the entire way) and nobody will be saying "he has so much fun out there" towards the end of the season.

When he says this is one of the more crushing defeats of his career, well, this is one of my more crushing defeats as a Jets fan. Nowhere near does it touch postseason losses like Denver, Oakland & Pittsburgh, but damn, one of the worst Regular Season losses ever.

The Blair Thomas Fumble

The Fake Spike

Season Finale in Detroit in 1996 (I think)

Losing to the Panthers for their first win... ever

I'm sure I could think of a few more if I tried hard enough

I don't think he regrets anything. Yeah, he had an off day today. That'll happen to the best of em'. You guys will bounce back. Sometimes it takes a loss like this to shake a team and QB up. Many a SB winner won because they got their wakeup call.

You would think that beating we took in San Diego was the wake up call. If they need a wake-up call every other ****ing week what exactly are the coaches doing, or the players for that matter? How can you not get motivated to win football games?

There's only 16 games in a season. 6 of them are done. We've got exactly 10 games left, and probably need to win 70% of them to even have a shot at the playoffs. We've got the Bills twice, the Broncos, the Titans, quite a few pretty good teams that you can't put a W next to. Now when you can't even beat the Raiders, you've got problems. How do we know we'll beat the Fins the second time? We almost lost the first time. The Rams are getting healthy and have a coach again, how can you know for sure we'd beat them either?

You have to win the games you're supposed to win. You can't just come out with ****ty gameplans and bad execution and expect to win. The Raiders are about as bad as they come, they are bad in every area and play without discipline, committing repeated penalties. This game should have been over in the first half, but as usual, we can not score. You can't just sign high priced OLs and trade for a QB and think that is going to build you a good offense overnight. You need to spend some top picks in the draft and develop skill position players over time. The Colts do that, even the Rams do that. We don't do that at all!

I don't think he regrets anything. Yeah, he had an off day today. That'll happen to the best of em'. You guys will bounce back. Sometimes it takes a loss like this to shake a team and QB up. Many a SB winner won because they got their wakeup call.

:rolleyes:

It's usually an improbable, come from behind, hard hit, whatever kind of game that "wakes" a team up, not a bad loss.

The person that needs to wake up the most is Brett Favre. If that report is true - that he was assisting Detriot with their game plan - well, that tells you something, doesn't it? To me it means he's still stinging from his rejection. He's a man scorned, and until he gets over his first love, his head won't be completely in a NY state of mind.

You would think that beating we took in San Diego was the wake up call. If they need a wake-up call every other ****ing week what exactly are the coaches doing, or the players for that matter? How can you not get motivated to win football games?

There's only 16 games in a season. 6 of them are done. We've got exactly 10 games left, and probably need to win 70% of them to even have a shot at the playoffs. We've got the Bills twice, the Broncos, the Titans, quite a few pretty good teams that you can't put a W next to. Now when you can't even beat the Raiders, you've got problems. How do we know we'll beat the Fins the second time? We almost lost the first time. The Rams are getting healthy and have a coach again, how can you know for sure we'd beat them either?

You have to win the games you're supposed to win. You can't just come out with ****ty gameplans and bad execution and expect to win. The Raiders are about as bad as they come, they are bad in every area and play without discipline, committing repeated penalties. This game should have been over in the first half, but as usual, we can not score. You can't just sign high priced OLs and trade for a QB and think that is going to build you a good offense overnight. You need to spend some top picks in the draft and develop skill position players over time. The Colts do that, even the Rams do that. We don't do that at all!

amen!!!!!:box:

Understood. But games like this happen. Trust me i've witnessed my share of losses to supposedly bad teams. Sometimes those bad teams fight like hell to win a particular week. Thats what happened today. Well couple that with the Jets making enough mistakes to keep em' in it. But i'm tellin' you that this season is far from over and the Jets will win some games that no one thinks they will too. 10 games left is alot of time to correct your problems IMO. Right now they are 3-3 with a whole new cast from last years team. Ya take the bad with the good and hope/trust that they'll get things ironed out and make a playoff run.

I know youre upset and have every right to be upset too. But your team will make you proud this year IMO.

Understood. But games like this happen. Trust me i've witnessed my share of losses to supposedly bad teams. Sometimes those bad teams fight like hell to win a particular week. Thats what happened today. Well couple that with the Jets making enough mistakes to keep em' in it. But i'm tellin' you that this season is far from over and the Jets will win some games that no one thinks they will too. 10 games left is alot of time to correct your problems IMO. Right now they are 3-3 with a whole new cast from last years team. Ya take the bad with the good and hope/trust that they'll get things ironed out and make a playoff run.

I know youre upset and have every right to be upset too. But your team will make you proud this year IMO.

You are such a kiss ass! LOL!

I know I will be proud of this team whne they go to the playoffs and be even more proud when the posters that say im delusional eat the crow

Na, this is worse than any Playoff loss that I've experienced. This team and the expectations surrounding it makes this the toughest loss that i personally had to undergo. In the playoffs, you meat the best teams. the only thing that could be worse than this is if we went undefeated and lost the superbowl, and thats not a shot at the pats, im serious. This loss is f#cking incredible. I felt emotions building up in me like I've never felt before after this loss. I honestly felt crushed.

We'll all get over it. Next week the Jets host the lowly Chiefs; they'll win that game, and will be a decent 4-3 heading into Buffalo. Hopefully their stadium will actually work.

lol then it's time to lay another egg against the Bills!

You can't lose these types of games. We've got 3 losses and we still have 2 games left against the Bills, a game against the Titans, and another against the Broncos. Let's say we split those, that's still 5 losses already and that's getting you maybe a wild card at best. More than likely we lose a few more. If you can't even win the easy games when you're healthy, what are you going to do in the harder games when there are injury problems?

What's the status on Woody? If he's out we'll just lose next week too since we seem to have no idea how to gameplan without an entire offseason.

Are we really talking about being upset because Brett's upset.... lets face it he had plenty of chances to make plays if we want to point fingers lets start with him. We brought Brett here for games like this and he said it himself in his press conference. Brett is a huge upgrade at the position and it's only one game, but please let's not sit here and say things like I feel bad Brett's hurt....he lost us the game today (of course Baker, Eric Smith, Stupid safety blitz, coaching staff didnt help either) but Brett had plenty of chances to win us the ball game but for yesterday he sucked, period.

This whole game sucked & the bottom line is this .If we have a Future Hall Of Fame QB at our Helm like we do and He gets 3 shots at moving us down field in overtime (especially getting the ball first) This Future H.O.F. QB should have been able to get US CLOSE ENOUGH AT LEAST 1 TIME to take 1 shot at kicking a winning FG which Brett couldn`t get done.

How was this one of the worst regular season losses ever? I was upset when we lost, btu it's not like we blew a 10 pt lead with 2 minutes to go or something.

Now as a PLAYER, I can see where you'd think that.

You guys lost to us last year when we were 1-8 and you were 7-2. Didn't end your season.

This game was awful for us for a variety of reasons, but it's one more loss, not 5 more.

This isn't a shot at anyone, but it's funny how we as fans treat different players. Could you imagine what would be going on here if pennington had the game Favre had yesterday?

Pennington doesn't even get us into Overtime. Favre's worst play came in OT. Chad's soft lobs probably lead to 4 INT's instead of 2.

Archived