***Hire Bill Cowher in 2009 Thread***

InstantClassic

The defense can be nasty. Let Bill perfect it, and pound the **** out of opposing defenses.

Our coaching staff has been defended many times..but I can't anymore.

It's painful to say...but the Jets lack anything resembling a scrotum. This team has absolutely no balls.

I have no problem with that at all.

I am starting to think that a resurrected Vince Lombardi could not do any better with this organization.

Only the Jets ...

Only the Jets can get themselves in a position where it takes a 57 yard FG to beat them.

And whose kicking?

Oh, just the guy who has the strongest leg in NFL history.

I am so sick of this team. 40 + years of wasting my time. I feel like John Belushi in Animal House. Seven years of college down the drain ...

Are u serious ?? Ya can't be...... Holy moly....

The only stat you need to know: 4 AFC Championship Game losses at home.

I'm infuriated with Mangini too (and I like Cowher a lot), but anyone who wants to bring in Bill Cowher to come up with creative gameplans and win big games is certifiably insane.

The only stat you need to know: 4 AFC Championship Game losses at home.

I'm infuriated with Mangini too (and I like Cowher a lot), but anyone who wants to bring in Bill Cowher to come up with creative gameplans and win big games is certifiably insane.

You forgot a few things

10 post season appearances in 15 years.

1 Super Bowl Ring.

We don't need creative games plans. We need to be physical football on BOTH sides of the football.

You can be creative all you want. This is still a game that is decided in the trenches. That is a battle the Jets haven't won since Parcells was here.

You forgot a few things

1 Super Bowl Ring.

We don't need creative games plans. We need to be physical football on BOTH sides of the football.

You can be creative all you want. This is still a game that is decided in the trenches. That is a battle the Jets haven't won since Parcells was here.

Fine, then let's just hire Marty Schottenheimer.

You forgot a few things

1 Super Bowl Ring.

It amazes me on other boards how many fans actually look down on the Steelers for that style of play. Well, we've opened up a bit on O these days but the song remains the same. Run the ball and stop the run.

In defense of Cowher, hell, i'd rather have been to and lost all those big games than not been a contender. There were alot of exciting wins in his tenure.

It amazes me on other boards how many fans actually look down on the Steelers for that style of play. Well, we've opened up a bit on O these days but the song remains the same. Run the ball and stop the run.

In defense of Cowher, hell, i'd rather have been to and lost all those big games than not been a contender. There were alot of exciting wins in his tenure.

Exactly.

I am sick of being good when we play a weak schedule and bad when we have to play a tougher schedule.

Here is the biggest thing about Cowher that I respect the most. The Steelers during his years had alot of good players leave because the Steelers didn't pay them what other teams did. Cowher still got them to the post season.

The bottom fell out for awhile after 2001 but two years later they were back in the hunt. The Jets are in year three of the Mangini era and they are not different than they were in 2004.

The defense can be nasty. Let Bill perfect it, and pound the **** out of opposing defenses.

Our coaching staff has been defended many times..but I can't anymore.

It's painful to say...but the Jets lack anything resembling a scrotum. This team has absolutely no balls.

:shock:

Sounds good to me. At least he wouldn't handcuff one of the greatest QBs ever.

1st up PR I didn't see the game till the OT but I was forced to listen to it on WABC. But Christ Favre threw 2 picks that sounded like could have cost us the game in regulation.

As many division championships as Cowher won, he should have been to a A LOT more Super Bowls.

He's a playoff choker from the Marty ****tenheimer tree. Don't drink the koolaid.

Not for nothing, but as Jets fans we'll take the playoffs 10 out of 15 years with 2 Super Bowl apperances and 1 Super Bowl Championship.

I am starting to think that a resurrected Vince Lombardi could not do any better with this organization.

Only the Jets ...

Only the Jets can get themselves in a position where it takes a 57 yard FG to beat them.

And whose kicking?

Oh, just the guy who has the strongest leg in NFL history.

I am so sick of this team. 40 + years of wasting my time. I feel like John Belushi in Animal House. Seven years of college down the drain ...

I know exactly how you feel DM-I've had to unplug my emotions chip from this team (again) this year. It's like in that movie AI where they were smashing and pouring acid over the old human robots and the one asks the other to please unplug his pain receptor before being destroyed. Sucks being a Jets fan....I'm near the point of not caring anymore-besides my son has become a Jets fan now-I guess I'll just pass the next 40 years of disappointment on to him...at least we saw a SB win-when we were kids....

I know exactly how you feel DM-I've had to unplug my emotions chip from this team (again) this year. It's like in that movie AI where they were smashing and pouring acid over the old human robots and the one asks the other to please unplug his pain receptor before being destroyed. Sucks being a Jets fan....I'm near the point of not caring anymore-besides my son has become a Jets fan now-I guess I'll just pass the next 40 years of disappointment on to him...at least we saw a SB win-when we were kids....

Exactly Jimmy & DMay. You guys at least saw this team win. For fans like myself, 4HCrew, Smizzy, etc. we will probably never see this ****ing organization win ****. At least you got to see something.

As many division championships as Cowher won, he should have been to a A LOT more Super Bowls.

He's a playoff choker from the Marty ****tenheimer tree. Don't drink the koolaid.

if he was a coach for any other organization other than Pittsburgh who doesnt fire coaches, he would have been out on his ass before he was a genius for "winning" a super bowl.

Although I still think it's not panic mode yet w/the Jets and this early point in the season, Mangini has to show more mettle and victories. In his attempt to change the culture, Mangini pulled a MAJOR "SAME OLD JETS" Homer by losing to the Raiders. These threads can become legit if that continues. But I'm not sweating at 3-3.

That being said.

Cowher would be a solid candidate with little to no "transition" of learning a new system. He already has credibility from the Steelers and is a solid motivator. I'm not for Mangini to go, but if Cowher wanted back in on coaching, it would have me thinking twice.

Archived