Late Nite Crew thread

Smizzy

Sounds like another all nighter for you. Most of us here on 3rd shift average about 4-5 hrs. per day. I think you're averging quite a bit less lately :biggrin: .

I wish there was 48 hours in a day... Im a work machine lately!

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wish there was 48 hours in a day... Im a work machine lately!

Sure sounds like it. At least you are working for your own business so in the long run it will pay off. You're not trading hours for dollars like me.

Sure sounds like it. At least you are working for your own business so in the long run it will pay off. You're not trading hours for dollars like me.

Someties I wish I was in your position... the last two years I have put in more than I took out... its the way it is... a big risk... it will either pay off.. or I wasted 5-10 years of work...

I love it though...even the ****ty times are fun

Someties I wish I was in your position... the last two years I have put in more than I took out... its the way it is... a big risk... it will either pay off.. or I wasted 5-10 years of work...

I love it though...even the ****ty times are fun

No pain (risk) No gain. I KNOW it will payoff down the road. You deserve it, you've MORE than paid your dues.

No pain (risk) No gain. I KNOW it will payoff down the road. You deserve it, you've MORE than paid your dues.

Just from my experience...

Year one feels great... this is obvious...

Years 2-3 not so much... a lot of red pen... always broke... dumping more in...

I can see the light... its dim... but I know its there... :)

Just from my experience...

Year one feels great... this is obvious...

Years 2-3 not so much... a lot of red pen... always broke... dumping more in...

I can see the light... its dim... but I know its there... :)

THAT'S the spirit !! I like the fact that you're lovin what you're doing too. You can't put a price tag on that my friend. When I came home from Thailand I thought about starting my own business but the skills I had aquired did not transfer well to civilian life.

THAT'S the spirit !! I like the fact that you're lovin what you're doing too. You can't put a price tag on that my friend. When I came home from Thailand I thought about starting my own business but the skills I had aquired did not transfer well to civilian life.

I dream of the day I can afford season tickets for the JETS and also afford to pay someone to work Sundays... so I can have a tailgate party every homegame...

Obviously I have a ton of other dreams... but thats the one that relates to this website...

I dream of the day I can afford season tickets for the JETS and also afford to pay someone to work Sundays... so I can have a tailgate party every homegame...

Obviously I have a ton of other dreams... but thats the one that relates to this website...

Gotta have dreams. Yours is so sensible too. That would be perfect, paying someone so they are making some $$ plus YOU are making $$ off them working while you have some time to relax. Win/Win. Can I come to your tailgate partys?

Gotta have dreams. Yours is so sensible too. That would be perfect, paying someone so they are making some $$ plus YOU are making $$ off them working while you have some time to relax. Win/Win. Can I come to your tailgate partys?

Of course...

I have modest goals... and big dreams... either way is fine with me...

Of course...

I have modest goals... and big dreams... either way is fine with me...

I'm not sure of how old you are but I know you're fairly young. For being young you are most sensible and realistic. The key, which you already see, is to have OBTAINABLE goals. You are so on the right track. You'll do fine I'm convinced.

I'm not sure of how old you are but I know you're fairly young. For being young you are most sensible and realistic. The key, which you already see, is to have OBTAINABLE goals. You are so on the right track. You'll do fine I'm convinced.

Im glad someone is... Im far from convinced... but thats what keeps me going... :)

Im in my 20's we will leave it at that... and no im not turning 30 soon...

Im glad someone is... Im far from convinced... but thats what keeps me going... :)

Im in my 20's we will leave it at that... and no im not turning 30 soon...

Good for you. That's the best time to do it, while you're young. My oldest daughter (26) is thinking of starting her own video game store. I told her the same thing "Do it while you're young".

Good for you. That's the best time to do it, while you're young. My oldest daughter (26) is thinking of starting her own video game store. I told her the same thing "Do it while you're young".

Thats a great business if you have the cash to start it... I wouldnt recommend borrowing money though...

I thought about opening one myself but didnt have the cash... and a loan is a bad idea in that business...

Thats a great business if you have the cash to start it... I wouldnt recommend borrowing money though...

I thought about opening one myself but didnt have the cash... and a loan is a bad idea in that business...

Thanks Ec. I'll pass this along. She's looking into a small business loan right now but she and her husband have college loans out from there 4yrs at Houghton College. They want to both quit their jobs to do this but then they'd have nothing to fall back on. I'm a little nervous for them.

Thanks Ec. I'll pass this along. She's looking into a small business loan right now but she and her husband have college loans out from there 4yrs at Houghton College. They want to both quit their jobs to do this but then they'd have nothing to fall back on. I'm a little nervous for them.

Hey... if they can find a good loan... and they are VERY confident in the market.. ( that means do a lot of research ) then go for it... even with a loan...

My only concern is the small profit margin in games means that you rely heavy on BIG HITS.... and there arent too many in the pipeline...

But if there isnt already a gaming store close by... and people around there like it... it could be a big hit...

Thats a risky business... as is any business... but the low profits in that business make it even more risky...

Hey... if they can find a good loan... and they are VERY confident in the market.. ( that means do a lot of research ) then go for it... even with a loan...

My only concern is the small profit margin in games means that you rely heavy on BIG HITS.... and there arent too many in the pipeline...

But if there isnt already a gaming store close by... and people around there like it... it could be a big hit...

Thats a risky business... as is any business... but the low profits in that business make it even more risky...

Once again thanks for the advice. Gotta go check on some problems in the bulk department (black specs, not good in a white hand cream) . "I'll Be Back".

Once again thanks for the advice. Gotta go check on some problems in the bulk department (black specs, not good in a white hand cream) . "I'll Be Back".

Ill be workin for a while still...

Im trying not to pull an all nighter but I am running out of time!

Archived