Late Nite Crew thread

Smizzy

How dangerous is it up there?

It depends on which peaks. Some have some pretty good trails and there's not much exposure. Others require what I call boulder hopping and you need to be focused. Other peaks are what they call technical climbs or Class 5. Ropes, belays, helmets etc. . You #$@& up there and you're in a world of hurt. I will NOT be doing anything like that! Class 3 is it for me. Just too old. :biggrin:

It depends on which peaks. Some have some pretty good trails and there's not much exposure. Others require what I call boulder hopping and you need to be focused. Other peaks are what they call technical climbs or Class 5. Ropes, belays, helmets etc. . You #$@& up there and you're in a world of hurt. I will NOT be doing anything like that! Class 3 is it for me. Just too old. :biggrin:

I see, I was concerned for your safety, I don't think you have it in you to chop off your left arm with a swiss army knife if it comes down to that.

I see, I was concerned for your safety, I don't think you have it in you to chop off your left arm with a swiss army knife if it comes down to that.

That what happened to the Rolans9sp) kid. He was in a slot canyon. I do some desert slot canyons but NOT if they require roping down.

That what happened to the Rolans9sp) kid. He was in a slot canyon. I do some desert slot canyons but NOT if they require roping down.

Huh? Rolans9sp? I don't know, but I remember a few years back reading about the guy who cut his own arm off with a swiss army knife.

Huh? Rolans9sp? I don't know, but I remember a few years back reading about the guy who cut his own arm off with a swiss army knife.

Sorry Arsis. Meant to be Rolans (sp) for spelling. That's the kid though. I think his 1st name was Aaron. Out climbing a slot Canyon in Utah when a boulder from above cut loose , came down and pinned his arm. He never told anyone where he was and had no GPS. He's lucky to be alive. BTW he still climbs using an artificial left arm. He HAS a GPS with him and in fact does ads for a GPS company.

Sorry Arsis. Meant to be Rolans (sp) for spelling. That's the kid though. I think his 1st name was Aaron. Out climbing a slot Canyon in Utah when a boulder from above cut loose , came down and pinned his arm. He never told anyone where he was and had no GPS. He's lucky to be alive. BTW he still climbs using an artificial left arm. He HAS a GPS with him and in fact does ads for a GPS company.

Yeah, that is some sick stuff, he is a tough son of a bitch to be able to do that. I'm not so sure that is something I'd even be able to attempt to do.

Yeah, that is some sick stuff, he is a tough son of a bitch to be able to do that. I'm not so sure that is something I'd even be able to attempt to do.

Since no one knew where TF he was , he waited several days then did it. The alternative was death. Can't say as to I'd do it either. BTW Here's pictures of me and the GF hiking several winters ago.

post-1691-12804639702174_thumb.jpg

post-1691-12804639702575_thumb.jpg

Since no one knew where TF he was , he waited several days then did it. The alternative was death. Can't say as to I'd do it either. BTW Here's pictures of me and the GF hiking several winters ago.

You look like you're about to cry in that first picture, but if your hobby is mountain climbing you're way too much of a man to be crying.

You look like you're about to cry in that first picture, but if your hobby is mountain climbing you're way too much of a man to be crying.

There's no crying in climbing. ;) . Here's my buddy Scot on top of this tower. I do NOT try **** like this. The 2nd pic is a type of climb you might enjoy. :biggrin:

post-1691-12804639702738_thumb.jpg

post-1691-12804639702904_thumb.jpg

That is some sick ****, how does he know if it is stable up there or not?

Experience I guess. Others have done it too. The base is actually quite large but you'd NEVER see me even THINK of doing something like that. I have some nice slot canyon pics but they're too freaking large and I can't attach them. Damn.