Late Nite Crew thread

Smizzy

Ham lost his mind, no question.

But this "viva la revolucion" mentality is petty, immature, moronic, and completely counter-productive. People thought they were more important than they are.

It's not that people thought they were more important than they are, it's that JI thought it was more important than it is.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ham lost his mind, no question.

But this "viva la revolucion" mentality is petty, immature, moronic, and completely counter-productive. People thought they were more important than they are.

I agree to an extent, but if there is a market out there, and you have the ability to take your "business" elsewhere, then you do it when you are displeased with management.

Ham's behavior was unacceptable, and Sooth's handling of the situation and attitude toward long time posters who were a large part in driving the site to its success were pathetic and discouraging.

It's not that people thought they were more important than they are, it's that JI thought it was more important than it is.

JI is nothing. What makes it great is the community, what its success hinges on is the community. I know that, you know that, and everyone knows that, which is why I'm able to ignore some of the more bone-headed moves from the administration.

But when integral members of the community lash out, then everyone suffers. I still cannot comprehend the idea of an internet ego.

No I can't ban anyone. So now you can all tell me what you really think of me. And I can't send you threatening PMs or anything. I just have to take the abuse and admit I have a small penis and try to make up for it by being an internet tough guy.

Here I liked you all along.

I think Paulie's real motivation is that he can't bear to leave behind his 27k post count. ;)

There's no way I want to split my time between two forums. It's bad enough I'm on one already. We had a good thing going on at JI, and the virtual egos ruined it all.

There's no way I want to split my time between two forums. It's bad enough I'm on one already. We had a good thing going on at JI, and the virtual egos ruined it all.

Seriously. I already have no life. Now I have to balance between 2 Jets boards. O god, not good.

I'm going to take this up as a serious offer.

You completely abused your power as a mod at JI. Making you mod was probably the biggest mistake Sooth ever made, in a long list of mistakes running that site. You banned people because of BS vendettas, you loved internetz drama, and you were all around bully. A complete shocker, because you were one of my all time favorite posters. You completely changed when you became a mod.

I also don't believe that all the mods badmouthed Jets Babe in the mod forum. I wouldn't doubt that you lied about that to fire her up and join your bull**** revolution.

This whole thing is immensely stupid, and I blame you and EY completely. Virtual ego to that max. Jesus, go out and get laid or something.

Then stay at JI.

Sooth made it clear that posters are not valued, and the site will go on.

I did not ask one single person to come here, but am I unhappy about how it transpired, absolutely not.

And if you want to compartmentalize, where does your ****-fit with Tx fit in the world of BS internetz drama? You're no better.

But really, I post at JetNation now, I have my reasons, and they're merited. Other people seem to be doing the same, and I'm glad to have them around. You can stay on JI, it's fine, really it is. But don't begrudge those who left for their own reasons, most of them good reasons, or else you're just telling me that Klecko and I are the kings of the internet and everyone will do what we say without a reason. I really don't think that's the case.

JI has plenty of posters, and as Sooth says, the site will go on. Enjoy it... I'll be here.

JI is nothing. What makes it great is the community, what its success hinges on is the community. I know that, you know that, and everyone knows that, which is why I'm able to ignore some of the more bone-headed moves from the administration.

But when integral members of the community lash out, then everyone suffers. I still cannot comprehend the idea of an internet ego.

SAR fills the entire front page with OT threads. A mod tells him to knock it off. He doesn't. The mod bans him. Sooth overrules the mod, lifts the ban, and says it's okay for certain posters to spam.

I post 'Free Yellin' as spalin@alaska.gov one time in response to one of Ham's blog entries. I am banned indefinitely. The mods all confer and decide this is an appropriate resolution.

Sure, JI is all about the community. I think I just have a different community in mind than you and Ham and Sooth do.

Can't disagree with this..

I don't know what's going to happen in the future, and I'll still post over at JI in the politics forum, but the bottom-line is that lines appeared to be drawn between Ey/Kleck and Ham.

I saw the whole meltdown that started this, and while EY did ask to be banned (literally), Ham was completely at fault imo. The threats of physical violence that followed, along with an apparent him or me mentality between Ham and Kleck meant a nasty divorce was coming unless Sooth was able to soothe things over. Apparently he sided with Ham.

SAR fills the entire front page with OT threads. A mod tells him to knock it off. He doesn't. The mod bans him. Sooth overrules the mod, lifts the ban, and says it's okay for certain posters to spam.

I post 'Free Yellin' as spalin@alaska.gov one time in response to one of Ham's blog entries. I am banned indefinitely. The mods all confer and decide this is an appropriate resolution.

Sure, JI is all about the community. I think I just have a different community in mind than you and Ham and Sooth do.

Is that what got you banned? Lol..

Then stay at JI.

Sooth made it clear that posters are not valued, and the site will go on.

I did not ask one single person to come here, but am I unhappy about how it transpired, absolutely not.

And if you want to compartmentalize, where does your ****-fit with Tx fit in the world of BS internetz drama? You're no better.

But really, I post at JetNation now, I have my reasons, and they're merited. Other people seem to be doing the same, and I'm glad to have them around. You can stay on JI, it's fine, really it is. But don't begrudge those who left for their own reasons, most of them good reasons, or else you're just telling me that Klecko and I are the kings of the internet and everyone will do what we say without a reason. I really don't think that's the case.

JI has plenty of posters, and as Sooth says, the site will go on. Enjoy it... I'll be here.

First of all, my beef with TX transpired because of his massive ego. He thought he could do whatever he want and got away with it because he was buddy-buddy with Sooth. TX's classic excuse was, "I've been here since 2003, who the hell are you?" -- and Sooth agreed with him. Same exact situation as Ham. It's bull****, all the way around.

Your intention was to break JI. You had a vendetta, and you wanted to rise victorious. You wanted to win. Don't deny it; don't play innocent. At least man up and admit that you're in your glory right now.

Such ****ing nonsense.

First of all, my beef with TX transpired because of his massive ego. He thought he could do whatever he want and got away with it because he was buddy-buddy with Sooth. TX's classic excuse was, "I've been here since 2003, who the hell are you?" -- and Sooth agreed with him. Same exact situation as Ham. It's bull****, all the way around.

Your intention was to break JI. You had a vendetta, and you wanted to rise victorious. You wanted to win. Don't deny it; don't play innocent. At least man up and admit that you're in your glory right now.

Such ****ing nonsense.

Sounds like everyone needs to go on Dr. Phil and express how they feel...

Just kidding

but honestly , Shouldnt this be argued on JI or in Pm mode....

Just saying

Can't disagree with this..

I don't know what's going to happen in the future, and I'll still post over at JI in the politics forum, but the bottom-line is that lines appeared to be drawn between Ey/Kleck and Ham.

I saw the whole meltdown that started this, and while EY did ask to be banned (literally), Ham was completely at fault imo. The threats of physical violence that followed, along with an apparent him or me mentality between Ham and Kleck meant a nasty divorce was coming unless Sooth was able to soothe things over. Apparently he sided with Ham.

You're right, everyone is at fault. It's just a shame it had to escalate to such a boiling point. Insanity.

Such ****ing nonsense.

Paulie- I'm not defending EY, he's more then capable of doing that. But like you mentioned The TX stuff, the Pennington stuff, then all this Hammer stuff, it all reeks of Sooth taking care of his agenda and that always irked me. I know I'm not a legend like yourself over there but I tried making quality posts, and truthfully the environment became so toxic people cared more about the stupid posts and petty arguments that it became intolerable IMO. Seeing Klecks thread was the last reason I needed.

Sometimes it's more then just the egos bro, for me it's about the principal of the matter which is you have a site run by a "brotherhood" of internet ego's, and the dictate who has free reign and who doesn't.

I respect you, always have and I hope that perhaps you will split your time, if not I do hope they make you a mod and you can conduct yourself in a fashion that is outside of some of the others over there.

Am I the only one that is not buying this whole JN/JI fiasco? Guaranteed, this is a scam. Look how beautifully it played out, with the anticipated escalation in post counts for both sites. Nice job Soothie and Max.

It's actually the Illuminati and the New World Order behind the whole thing.

Paulie- I'm not defending EY, he's more then capable of doing that. But like you mentioned The TX stuff, the Pennington stuff, then all this Hammer stuff, it all reeks of Sooth taking care of his agenda and that always irked me. I know I'm not a legend like yourself over there but I tried making quality posts, and truthfully the environment became so toxic people cared more about the stupid posts and petty arguments that it became intolerable IMO. Seeing Klecks thread was the last reason I needed.

Sometimes it's more then just the egos bro, for me it's about the principal of the matter which is you have a site run by a "brotherhood" of internet ego's, and the dictate who has free reign and who doesn't.

I respect you, always have and I hope that perhaps you will split your time, if not I do hope they make you a mod and you can conduct yourself in a fashion that is outside of some of the others over there.

What he said.

Archived