Sign in to follow this  
Smizzy

Late Nite Crew thread

Only problem I'm having here is that the pages only hold 10 posts, I think that needs to be upped.

Change that in your profile

Only problem I'm having here is that the pages only hold 10 posts, I think that needs to be upped.

you can change that, not sure where, but you can.

You do know you could change it right? I got it on 40.

User CP --> Edit Options (on the left) --> scroll down and find the option that shows "use forum default" and change it to whatever.

I'm in between the baseball show, and a PBS web series that starts early next month.

So, I'm working on a back up plan, and studying for the LSATs. I don't know if I'll ever use the score, but it's good for 5 years and I can use it whenever/if ever I need it. Freelance lifestyle is tough, but I don't have to tell you that man.

ha.. i did the same exact thing a few years back, but never ended up taking the test.. was definitely contemplating law school for awhile, but then i figured i'd miss the 'excitement' over not knowing where my next meal was coming from that comes with freelance teevee.

I'm in between the baseball show, and a PBS web series that starts early next month.

So, I'm working on a back up plan, and studying for the LSATs. I don't know if I'll ever use the score, but it's good for 5 years and I can use it whenever/if ever I need it. Freelance lifestyle is tough, but I don't have to tell you that man.

what do you do?

ha.. i did the same exact thing a few years back, but never ended up taking the test.. was definitely contemplating law school for awhile, but then i figured i'd miss the 'excitement' over not knowing where my next meal was coming from that comes with freelance teevee.

I didn't realize there were other freelance tv guys here as well...

I did that for a number of years until I started working for MTV...man did I get fat then....

what do you do?

I work freelance in TV.

What exactly I do is dependent on the size of the production.

I work both in production or post, depending on where work is.

I'm an editor and an associate producer. But, on bigger stuff, I'll still be a production assistant or an assistant editor. Really depends on who's hiring me at this point.

Freelance lifestyle is tough, but I don't have to tell you that man.[/quote

All too well. Although CBS ha taken me on staff...we'll see how that goes. The union world is so bizzare.

Wifey just applied for a gig at Atlas, although she's really sick of the biz and wants to change careers.

I'm definitely taking it. Already paid for.

I know that if I walk I'll miss the excitement, and I love the day to day work, but you must have a stronger stomach than me, because the not working portion of it has me in knots.

The real issue is that there needs to be a link at the bottom of the page (between next thread & last thread) to go back to the root directory

(in this case "the lounge") otherwise I'm always scrolling back to the top...

All too well. Although CBS ha taken me on staff...we'll see how that goes. The union world is so bizzare.

Wifey just applied for a gig at Atlas, although she's really sick of the biz and wants to change careers.

Staff jobs are nice, but even that's not really what I want. I had this crazy idea of being a docu filmmaker. That was long before I realized that you're either Michael Moore/Ken Burns or your a starving artist.

I applied for a job w/ Atlas just recently too, an AP gig, but it's online, and I'm sure my resume is lost with 2,000 others.

I threw EY a softball and he didn't even see it. :D

haha... I saw it.

Just didn't have a tailor made response, and figured it stood on it's own.

I work freelance in TV.

What exactly I do is dependent on the size of the production.

I work both in production or post, depending on where work is.

I'm an editor and an associate producer. But, on bigger stuff, I'll still be a production assistant or an assistant editor. Really depends on who's hiring me at this point.

so we have a mel brooks on our hands here basically?

If that were the case, I wouldn't be taking the LSATs.

Only in the sense that groups of pigeons constantly conspire to crap on him.

I used to have a lot of respect for GJ&H, but he went downhill fast after he became mod. Between his ridiculous political threads and his epic blowhard football posts (made all pretty with the use of different fonts, colors, italics, and bold letters), the guy was in severe need of attention. The revealing of his PMs to Kleck was the final straw.

His Bryan Thomas and Brian Cashman rants were... umm... interesting.

The revealing of his PMs to Kleck was the final straw.

There were PMs to Kleck too? I just saw Yellin's.

I'm definitely taking it. Already paid for.

I know that if I walk I'll miss the excitement, and I love the day to day work, but you must have a stronger stomach than me, because the not working portion of it has me in knots.

it used to, but eventually you make decent enough $$ to survive. Plus, I mooch off of my wife. Getting married was key for benefits and insurance.

it used to, but eventually you make decent enough $$ to survive. Plus, I mooch off of my wife. Getting married was key for benefits and insurance.

Oh, I know I can make it. It's just that one of my goals was never really to 'make decent enough $$' to do not exactly what I wanted to do. Obviously I love sports, I wouldn't be here, but Sports TV is not a huge passion of mine.

Money in the industry as you know, is being diverted away from docs into reality and into live broadcasts. So to do what I actually wanted to do, I'd have to pretty much produce for frontline, and there's little money there anymore. Unless somehow I hit the 'next Ken Burns' jackpot.

We'll see. I'm not walking away from anything yet, just taking a test. And your last sentence is all to reminiscent. I was joking with the girls at work that I look for three things in a woman:

1) Good Healthcare

2) Open to the idea of a wedding cake from Carvel (or other ice cream cake substitute)

3) Willing to talk to me.

We'll see. I'm not walking away from anything yet, just taking a test. And your last sentence is all to reminiscent. I was joking with the girls at work that I look for three things in a woman:

1) Good Healthcare

2) Open to the idea of a wedding cake from Carvel (or other ice cream cake substitute)

3) Willing to talk to me.

In all honesty, EY, that was one of the things my wife said she wouldn't mind doing once we got serious when we were dating. Of course she turned on Cookiepus and wanted a traditional cake when we got married, but the fact that she at first agreed to the idea was pretty cool.

Open to the idea of a wedding cake from Carvel (or other ice cream cake substitute)

Nothing says eternal love like Fudgie the Whale.

In all honesty, EY, that was one of the things my wife said she wouldn't mind doing once we got serious when we were dating. Of course she turned on Cookiepus and wanted a traditional cake when we got married, but the fact that she at first agreed to the idea was pretty cool.

I'll bet she used to have sex with you too before you got married.

Nothing says eternal love like Fudgie the Whale.

It's a dealbreaker. Sorry, a man has to have his limits.

BTW, didn't even think of it, but welcome. I'm thrilled you here.

I'll bet she used to have sex with you too before you got married.

LOL, yeah. But she wants a baby so I'm getting my carrot wet constantly. :hump:

It's a dealbreaker. Sorry, a man has to have his limits.

BTW, didn't even think of it, but welcome. I'm thrilled you here.

Thanks dude. Bureaucracy is teh ghey.

Oh, and I should add.

I'm willing to make it look like a traditional cake.

In fact, Carvel makes those circular cakes in 3 sizes I think. Add some dry ice to keep frozen, a few stands, and I think we're good to go. I'm also fairly certain we saved about $2,500.

Beyond that, and this is the part that I use to sell this idea... The bride and groom, standing atop the chilly ice cream cake, can be custom ordered to be wearing snow gear. Adorable.

Oh, and I should add.

I'm willing to make it look like a traditional cake.

In fact, Carvel makes those circular cakes in 3 sizes I think. Add some dry ice to keep frozen, a few stands, and I think we're good to go. I'm also fairly certain we saved about $2,500.

Beyond that, and this is the part that I use to sell this idea... The bride and groom, standing atop the chilly ice cream cake, can be custom ordered to be wearing snow gear. Adorable.

Amazing. I'm getting myself a ice cream cake for myself though. best of both worlds.

Amazing. I'm getting myself a ice cream cake for myself though. best of both worlds.

Not good enough as far as I'm concerned. Real thing, or nothing at all.

Not good enough as far as I'm concerned. Real thing, or nothing at all.

Perhaps you should go this route instead and save even more money by having a DIY cake (obviously not to scale):

17916137.86OnelastHeManshot.jpg